· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
102 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Vegetarianism?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Vegetarianism? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hey man, that game gave me motion sickness, that's how bad it was. I'm never getting over it.

What I meant was that unless they make a vegetarian oriented game, and Suislide reviews it, he won't comment on it.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah... that should have been obvious.

berzerker wrote:

....But I fail...

You got to stop failing. Get out of the habit NOW, while it's still growing.

As for Vegetarism, fuck it. Sure, your sweat CAN (not always) smell better, but you get weak; you become a pussy.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Crap, I still can't be at peace with the idea of killing animals. I tried being a vegetarian again and succumbed to hunger for the fourth time. Well good news is that with the omnivore diet, I've gone from 75kg to over 80 (I weigh 81, 82 in the morning). That's over 176 pounds which is pretty good but still not enough for me because my height is 1.90 m. I'm saying this because I'm doing strength training every 2 days. The extra kg don't seem to be in fat, so maybe the exercises really work. icon_farao.gif

I'm expecting to see other long term improvements. I think I'll just remain at peace with the omnivore diet at least for another 4 weeks and then I'll have the whole spring break to arrange for a good non-hunger vegetarian diet. After all, I've heard that 40% of Indians are vegetarians and India is a big country. So many people can't be chronically depriving themselves, no? It must work for them. And there other many millions of vegetarians in other countries...
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Crap, I still can't be at peace with the idea of killing animals. I tried being a vegetarian again and succumbed to hunger for the fourth time.

Man, give it up then. I tried one time 20 years ago and have not eaten meat since then. If you cannot maintain this for more than a few days or even hours every time it seems obvious you are just not supposed to be a vegetarian. Maybe you should concentrate on eating the right meat, so the meat that troubles you the least, if such a distinction applies to you. Or simply eat less meat.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

I don't eat a lot of meat now, but I want to get rid of it totally you know, for the animals. It's strange because I was a pretty successful vegetarian when I first tried it out in the months December and January. So I lasted out with no real problem 2 months and my weight didn't drop. But then I went for something totally out my league, raw foodism in which I lasted 3 weeks, had improved sleep but 0 energy and went close to underweight... 70-71 kg. Then I settled for veganism but hunger creeped in again and I became an omnivore.

So yeah, I don't know. Maybe I lasted out the first time pretty well because my body had a lot of reserves from being my whole life an omnivore. I don't know, but it's good for you that you're a vegetarian. So you never get hungry?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fuck the animals, they'd eat us if the tables were turned.
I'd eat only meat if that wouldn't make me so fat. If they don't wanna get killed and have shitty lives before being killed they should get sentient and intelligent and tell us to piss off and eat grass.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Of course you show your great human intelligence with arguments such as these. With your principle I think we are also allowed to eat the meat of mentally challenged people, since they are way more stupid than us. I say we go on a hunt and deal with them! icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
I think we are also allowed to eat the meat of mentally challenged people, since they are way more stupid than us. I say we go on a hunt and deal with them! icon_cheers.gif

And here i thought i was the only sane person. Fucking cops being pissed about human murder. A guy in a wheelchair is fair game for anyone who can catch the bastard.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

The traditional meat is so tasty here in Spain that I don't know anyone being vegetarian. But there will be many in the future because of the industrialization of the meat business (shit meat).
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Well I've cut back on the amount of meat I eat, but I'm not a pure vegetarian (I was about to say virgin)
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
Fuck the animals

Yeah, we expected you'd say that.

Quote:
they'd eat us if the tables were turned.

What animals do you usually eat? Cows, pigs and chickens I guess. I think most cows, pigs and chickens would decline if they were offered the chance to eat you.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:19 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:
The traditional meat is so tasty here in Spain that I don't know anyone being vegetarian.

What is "Traditional meat"?

It would seem unlikely that a pig raised in Spain has a different taste of meat than a pig raised in Germany (unless the Spanish have a different way of raising them that somehow defies copying by others). If you meant to say that the meat is cooked differently in Spain, then why do all others insist on using their own methods of preparation, knowing that the Spanish way of doing this is vastly superior?

In other words, your explanation seems unlikely. It is probably a cultural thing. Spaniards eat meat simply because they are used to that. The same seems to go for most Southern and Eastern European countries BTW. It seems there are less vegetarians there than in Western and Nothern Europe.

However, all European countries share a similar meat eating culture. Then why do Southern and Eastern Europeans stick to their habits more than Western and Nothern Europeans? Are they just less able to adapt to different circumstances or do they think or care less about the consequences of their actions?
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

What is "Traditional meat"?

It would seem unlikely that a pig raised in Spain has a different taste of meat than a pig raised in Germany

Actually that's exactly it. But it also has to do with how the meat is cured, for example their jamon.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Actually that's exactly it. But it also has to do with how the meat is cured, for example their jamon.

The raising is very industrialized now isn't it? I would expect it to be the same in most pig exporting countries.

As to the curing of meat I would expect the same. If the Spanish way of doing this is so good, how come others don't simply copy that?
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
puk wrote:

The raising is very industrialized now isn't it? I would expect it to be the same in most pig exporting countries.

As to the curing of meat I would expect the same. If the Spanish way of doing this is so good, how come others don't simply copy that?

Well I don't work in the meat business, but I do travel a lot, and i know that the climate has a huge effect on the taste of food. This is most evident with fruits and vegetables (the champagne region in France is one example). However, it applies to meats as well. Especially if the meats are more organic.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Well I don't work in the meat business, but I do travel a lot, and i know that the climate has a huge effect on the taste of food. This is most evident with fruits and vegetables (the champagne region in France is one example). However, it applies to meats as well. Especially if the meats are more organic.

In the past I could imagine this, but now with the industrialisation of the meat business it seems more marketing than substance. If pigs are kept in buildings the climate outside seems irrelevant (and inside it is of course controlled anyway).

But since I do not eat meat I am hardly an expert of course.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:06 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I don't have an answer for you. The best I can come up with is that Spanish people have a higher standard for food which must be met.

My mom is the one who always tells me that food (specifically meat) in Canada is terrible compared to Spain, and I'd listen to her cuz the woman knows a thing or two about food.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Well I stumbled across this site a few days ago and I think it has some good articles on raw veganism :http://www.raw-food-health.net/index.html

I don't agree with some of the points made, like that eating any cholesterol is unhealthy because it raises your own cholesterol. There were a lot of studies were people ate a huge amounts of eggs every day (which contain the most cholesterol) and their cholesterol remained normal or even decreased.

Other than that this site quotes the book The China Study by Colin T. Campbell. I read 3/4 of this book and I don't think it is a very good one. Why? Because it starts off as something scientific, but then goes on with huge subjectivity in favor of veganism. Again making claims that "eating any cholesterol above 0 mg is unhealthy" without even explaining why or giving scientific proof. There's actually a site that says that high cholesterol foods like eggs and liver are super foods:http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/ This guy was a vegan and failed at it just like me so it's interesting to read his site.

But anyway, the raw vegan site says that fruits are the best food that we can eat. I think this makes sense to me. He says fruits contain simple carbohydrates and they are readily available to the body. That's why very little digestion is required to assimilate the fruit, the author says that fruits leave your stomach in about 40 minutes. Well, since most of them contain a lot of carbohydrates, few protein and fat (the author recommends a 80/10/10 diet), vitamins, fiber, etc and as the author says few energy is required for digestion then I agree that fruits are the best food you can eat. His arguments make sense to me, but I do NOT know if a diet composed ONLY of fruits and vegetables is the best. I sure do hope so, but I don't want to get hungry again and lose weight.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

berzerker wrote:

Quote:
they'd eat us if the tables were turned.

What animals do you usually eat? Cows, pigs and chickens I guess. I think most cows, pigs and chickens would decline if they were offered the chance to eat you.

Actually it's interesting that we're feasting mostly on vegetarian animals. Why aren't we hunting animals that actually cause harm to man? This is actually what a Greek philosopher asked himself (can't remember who it was exactly). I'll give him the answer: it's because we're a bunch of douchebags.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Why aren't we hunting animals that actually cause harm to man? This is actually what a Greek philosopher asked himself (can't remember who it was exactly). I'll give him the answer: it's because we're a bunch of douchebags.

No, it's because we eat the animals that are best kept as cattle. Wolves are not fit as cattle because you would have to feed them meat, which defeats the whole purpose of keeping them, and in the mean time they do not produce anything of use to us (milk, eggs, wool, etc).
Vegetarianism?
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming