· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
224 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Vegetarianism?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Vegetarianism? Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Vegetarianism?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

So what is your douchebags' opinion on vegetarianism?

I was a vegetarian for 2 months and the month after that a vegan. I quit vegetarianism because as a vegan I felt deprived of something and the food that I ate didn't satisfy me. I didn't experience any vibrant health that especially the vegans say you can accomplish, but I don't feel any great now being back on the omnivore diet.

Of course I'd choose to be a vegetarian for the animals, but if we're omnivores we can't just deny who we are. There's also the issue that everything we eat has life, not only animals.

The health issue is difficult. It was proven in a few studies that vegetarians are healthier than omnivores, but maybe it's because vegetarians are much more health conscious and eating vegetables generally is healthy. Maybe a balanced omnivore diet is the true gateway to health?

So what about it?
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I kind of switched over to fruits&vegetables in the past month. Here are a few reasons why

-they are extremely low in saturated fats
-they have more vitamins/nutrients
-they have more fiber, therefore, they are better for your digestive tract
-they have less calories per gram, so fruits make for an efficient snack
-they aren't addictive like bacon

But I'm trying to work out where to get my protein from. Right now I'm using whey protein shakes.

Oh, and I also cut out most dairy products, b/c they are high in saturated fats as well.

Breads I cut back on b/c they apparently get converted into energy straight away, unlike fruits, so you get hungry again very quickly.

But this doesn't mean I won't pig out on pepperoni pizza and Nutella when I'm hung over ;-)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I kind of switched over to fruits&vegetables in the past month.

LOL, you will not be healthy much longer on such a diet. These contain many vitamins indeed, but no B12 and D for example, and you definitely need those.

Basically, you can skip meat if you eat enough dairy products, nuts, etc, but if you want to skip those too you should really know what deficiencies this causes and how you should compensate those.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Well I eat nuts, but I can't eat dairy products
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

B12 = milk products
D = icon_sunny.gif
Re: Vegetarianism?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
So what is your douchebags' opinion on vegetarianism?
sorry i dont qualify as one, so i cant give my opinion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Oh sorry I forgot about you captn. So what is your fat ass half-bald middle aged overweight bunny-hopping negro with lard-sweaty armprints in tight little pink tutu opinion about vegetarianism? glasses11.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'm about to go on a "Fit for Life" diet.
They claim that we don't need to eat any meat or dairy, and that fruit/veges and nuts etc, will gives us all we need.

They also claim that we don't actually gain protein by eating meat, instead, our bodies build protein from the basic constituents of fruit and veges, ie, the amino acids aka "the amino acid theory".
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I just don't want to deal with the saturated fats that come with meats

Oh and I don't eat fast food anymore, but I don't need to explain why. If there's suger in my burger, then that's just wrong.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:13 am Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Oh sorry I forgot about you captn. So what is your fat ass half-bald middle aged overweight bunny-hopping negro with lard-sweaty armprints in tight little pink tutu opinion about vegetarianism? glasses11.gif
you description seems to be a perfect match to your dad and sorry i aint your dad and dont want to be either. icon_cyclops_ani.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

It's amazing that on this forum you don't get comments like 'vegetarians are losers' or 'mmmm... meat'. You get this type of comments at every 'civilised' forum.

I don't know what to say about vegetarianism. It's clear to me that I didn't enjoy my time as a vegetarian. There's so many information about nutrition out there, and there are so many controversies. Vegetarianism isn't the only issue out there, there is also the issue cooked food vs raw food. In my vegan time I also did a raw vegan experiment that lasted about 3 weeks. It ended up as a disaster: I had extreme hunger and quit. The only beneficial aspect is that I had an improved sleep. I felt like I needed to sleep less.

Are humans natural omnivores or vegetarians? Vegetarians claim that all of us are actually vegetarian, because of our similarities with vegetarian animals: short teeth, no claws, long intestines, digestive system, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:58 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Are humans natural omnivores or vegetarians? Vegetarians claim that all of us are actually vegetarian, because of our similarities with vegetarian animals: short teeth, no claws, long intestines, digestive system, etc.

I guess you think about this too much. If you eat normally and healthy (i.e. fruits, vegetables, not too much meat) you can reasonably expect this not to be very detrimental to your health, otherwise everyone else would be dead by now. If you have a special diet, then you should look carefully what you are missing and what you should eat to compensate.

Every vegetarian has his own reasons for not eating meat (they may be opposed to bad treatment of animals, consider it healthier, have a sheer conviction to do the right thing, religion, whatever), but basically you can do without meat quite easily. Just make sure you familiarize yourselves with what products contain vitamine D and B12 and take a look if you are not short on those.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Just to be clear, I still eat meat on occasion, and I do eat fish. It's just that I eat beef maybe once a month. And Chicken I personally don't like. So we're back to fish.

I don't know if it's unhealthy to eat meat, but I'd think it's a pretty fair argument to say on the whole fruits and vegetables are healthier than meats.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

berzerker wrote:

Every vegetarian has his own reasons for not eating meat (they may be opposed to bad treatment of animals, consider it healthier, have a sheer conviction to do the right thing, religion, whatever), but basically you can do without meat quite easily. Just make sure you familiarize yourselves with what products contain vitamine D and B12 and take a look if you are not short on those.

Well, my diet is pretty 'normal' now and I'm just trying to keep animal products balanced with vegetables and fruit. But it's books like The China Study that say that eating meat is the main cause of diseases like heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
It's amazing that on this forum you don't get comments like 'vegetarians are losers' or 'mmmm... meat'. You get this type of comments at every 'civilised' forum.

The average age here is probably a bit higher than the other forums you visit, that might explain it.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

That's only because Pogma is 40 and you are 89 and a half years young. icon_bigsmurf.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
That's only because Pogma is 40 and you are 89 and a half years young. icon_bigsmurf.gif

I guess the captn is almost twice your age too. Puk may be 5 - 10 years older than you too I guess.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

I guess the captn is almost twice your age too. Puk may be 5 - 10 years older than you too I guess.

When I was 12 I used to act immature to fit, now I realize I'm a 12 year stuck in a 25 year old's body

"maturity is just a state of mind where you don't express yourself truly. Since I'm expressing myself, I must not be mature"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Vegetarianism is stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Suislide wrote: