· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
119 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Bans
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Bans Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bans
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Does anyone know if anyone has ever been banned from these forums (other than spammers) and if so, who?

I've seen M0nkey warn the captn several times now and he did warn Mean_MOFO in the past (his reply was nice BTW), but there may have been more and someone may have got a ban before.

If not, I sense an historic moment coming up! icon_cheers.gif

Last edited by berzerker on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Monkey wrote:
Mean mofo. Every time you post in this forum you derail the thread and it never has any thing to do with the topic. Learn to stay the on topic or stay in the other forum.

Mean_MOFO wrote:
Pfft. Soon you'll be saying I'm rude and shit.

That's hilarious
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The captn seems less skilled in dealing with critics than mean_mofo.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Well obviously, how can you top something like this
Mean Mofo wrote:

You could have shortened all this ranting by simply posting "I'm a faggot and I'm coming out of the closet". Tell your mum I said hi, and that I'm coming over next friday.

I want to dedicate a shrine to him and worship him as a religion.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

This one was good too (u have to read it a couple of times to parse it properly)

D wrote:
I blame it on you being a faggot

Mean_MOFO wrote:
You blame me for you being a faggot?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Well obviously, how can you top something like this
Mean Mofo wrote:

You could have shortened all this ranting by simply posting "I'm a faggot and I'm coming out of the closet". Tell your mum I said hi, and that I'm coming over next friday.

I want to dedicate a shrine to him and worship him as a religion.

'You're a fag' and 'blah blah your mum blah blah', this is really boring and uninspired, not funny at all IMHO.

BTW has the captn now been banned? Just curious.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Come on man, he took on the whole forum, mod included.

The captain is probably pissed off at Monkey, so he's gone into self imposed exile. Can't say I blame him, Monkey pissed me off a while back by pistol whipping me into staying on topic.

There are 4 active members in this forum:
Me
Berzerker
Mihai
Captain_pugwash

Honestly, who gives a fuck about the rules?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

And Alez, Pogma9, Kasrkin, Fuck_you_all.

I agree M0nkey may have overreacted a bit (I do not think the captn's flame was completely random) but the captn asked for it, he has no right to complain (but I will miss him nonetheless).

There is only one rule (don't post random flames and random off-topic shit in the VGS forum but only in the other forum), it does not seem too much to ask to abide by that. Discussions tend to wander off, M0nkey never made a problem of that. But if you post a completely random sex posting in an active topic about a game, a warning seems justified (I assume that's the one you referred to).

The alternative would be to merge the forums into one, but maintaining the distinction seems to make sense. Currently the flaming is pretty limited, but in the past there were more flames, this could return any time, and then you would not want normal discussions to be made impossible by all the flaming.

Maybe the captn could post here.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I say shitcan him.....he adds nothing to this forum except nonsense and gross profanity, IOW, he's basically a spammer.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I was literally starring at a blank post-a-reply text box for 30 minutes wondering whether I should tell Monkey that the captain wasn't veering off course.

I decided Monkey was more valuable as an ally than as an enemy. So I left the captain twistin in the wind.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote
M0nKeY
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

We could have discussed my "bias" and how I could more evenly apply the rules, but I really had no choice after his response.

Despite what he may think I don't have anything personal against him. I'm just trying my best to keep the main forum from descending into a free for all with the limited time I have. Perhaps his posts caught my eye once too often.

He is welcome to re-register if he wants to discuss it after he calms down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

You've done the right thing my friend icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
Dr_Shrink
Ubertard
Ubertard

I must admit I may have contributed (inadvertently) to all this.

I have been treating the captn for his violent tendencies. A good way to deal with those was to block those tendencies completely and let them come out only in a controlled environment. A sequence of words triggered this (yes, as in Bioshock, but basically in reverse).

As those words that unblocked his violent tendencies I choose "last warning". These appear to have been poorly choosen. icon_pale.gif

This explains his recent outburst here. I will try to get the violent tendencies under control again and I apologise for the inconvenience.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:02 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

M0nKeY wrote:
... I really had no choice after his response...I'm just trying my best to keep the main forum from descending into a free for all...

I think you did the right thing in blocking his account, I just wish you had done it two weeks ago when he was spamming.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

The Hogwash shall return... icon_rr.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I was literally starring at a blank post-a-reply text box for 30 minutes wondering whether I should tell Monkey that the captain wasn't veering off course.

I decided Monkey was more valuable as an ally than as an enemy. So I left the captain twistin in the wind.

It seems silly to assume that M0nkey would become your enemy merely because you debate with him and try to convince him that he was wrong.

A few comments:

1. the captn's general behavior was not uncommon on this forum (he was a bit out of touch with the current regulars, but compared to the old ones his behaviour did not stand out in any way).

2. it stands to reason that a ban was the correct response to the captn's outburst, but IMHO the warning that triggered it was misplaced. The remark "i luv it that your mom is dead" was a reply to puk's "I love how everybody read it, but completely ignored him" and clearly hinted at 'puk's previous remark "You're talking to my dead mother?" This seems a proper reply by this forum's standards.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

You're spot on Berzerker. I felt compelled to tell Monkey that the captain's post was taken out of context, but I was worried it would come back to bite me on the ass.

Hey, if this ends up haunting my dreams, I can always resort to [even more] drinking.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Poor puggy, he could give out heaps, but the second he got reproached, he mentally exploded.......I guess as such a decent and principled individual, he couldn't stand the idea that his right to pollute these forums was being challenged.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

Dr_Shrink wrote:
I must admit I may have contributed (inadvertently) to all this.

I have been treating the captn for his violent tendencies. A good way to deal with those was to block those tendencies completely and let them come out only in a controlled environment. A sequence of words triggered this (yes, as in Bioshock, but basically in reverse).

As those words that unblocked his violent tendencies I choose "last warning". These appear to have been poorly choosen. icon_pale.gif

This explains his recent outburst here. I will try to get the violent tendencies under control again and I apologise for the inconvenience.

Again, you show what a complete failure you and your profession are, but at least you admit it this time.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pugtrash must have also been T3 icon_cyclops_ani.gif
Bans
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming