· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
140 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Who thinx Prince of Persia will suck
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Who thinx Prince of Persia will suck Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I always hated going to my friends house to get drunk, cuz he only had fifa, and I could never figure out the buttons, and if I concentrated really hard, and figured them out, then I'd lose track of which player had the ball, and follow the wrong one (off the screen).

Or take EA's NHL franchise. I've been playing that since back when it was NHLPA (92?). NHL 95 was so awesome, I'd go to my friends house and we'd play for hours. There were only 4 buttons (speed, check, pass, shoot) but it was in no way easy.

Fast forward to NHL 07. They took all the fun out of the game, and added a shitload of difficulty. Same with TH's Proskater 2. It was the best skating game ever. Then the last one got so exceedingly difficult that even Gametrailers (and that hamaphrodite Geoffe Keighly) were forced to admit that it was too difficult.

I don't mind difficulty just so long as it doesn't make the game frustratingly difficult (it's a fine line, I know).
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

FIFA sucks ass... it may have been good in the past, even I remember playing some football games when I was really small, they were probably FIFA and they owned! But now it makes me puke, and PES sucks ass too... as presented in my review. bom.gif

Anyway, I think that ALL games are reducing their difficulty (with exceptions like FM 2009). All games are getting easier and easier, all for the cash spending noobs I guess. We'll see this with Prince of Persia too... IGN says that it's much easier compared to the first PoP.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:

Anyway, I think that ALL games are reducing their difficulty (with exceptions like FM 2009). All games are getting easier and easier, all for the cash spending noobs I guess. We'll see this with Prince of Persia too... IGN says that it's much easier compared to the first PoP.

(side not, what the fuck is FM 2009)

I think games are getting easier in the genres where they should be getting harder. You mentioned POP which is a perfect example. MGS4 is another one.

But they are also getting unnecesserily harder in some other ones. NHL 07 is one example. Dude I don't need to control both the player and the stick. Can you imagine NHL 22: four analog sticks, two for the hands, and two for legs, use the 8-axis control to tilt the player left/right, forward/backward, move up/down, or travel back/forth through time.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

FM 2009 is Football Manager 2009. You must go to coach school (or whatever they call it) to play this game, it's that fucking difficult. Or you can download a ready made tactic from the web, but in both cases it's no fun. I've got 3 points out of my first 3 matches of the season and I think I'm relegating again. icon_blackeye.gif (relegating is kind of fun thoughf, cause you get to own the gays from the second division)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

My favorite was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground Evolution II (the most recent one). You have to keep pressing a button over and over again to simulate the skater pushing against the ground.

That is totally gay.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Now that's just bad. Anyway, at least with EA Sports games, I think the problem is with extreme stupidy not difficulty.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
I say that it's OK for the producers to land us a challenge, but make the games playable!

I'm going to be very specific, b/c I don't want to later sound like I'm contradicting myself.

I have no problem with difficulty in games as long as it adds to the experience.

Case 1: MGS2 vs MGS4. MGS2 was infinitely harder. On the hardest setting you literally had to finish the game without taking a single shot. But I could deal with that b/c of the amazingly tight controls. You could literally run, cartwheel behind the enemy as he's turning, and stay in his blindspot the whole time. It really added to the fun, fast paced arcade feel of the game. Then all the FPS fanboys started bitching to Kojima that the controls weren't very good (euphamism for FPV), so Kojima was forced to include all these bizarre controls schemes like switching shoulders, and a 3D camera. And, for reasons that are beyond me, he took out the radar and also made it so enemies could hear your footsteps. To the casual observer, this ought to make the game harder. But the problem is, this has taken a great deal of control away from the player, therefore, the game has to actually be dumbed down. So what you get is a departure from the fast paced arcade feel of MGS2, and you get snake crawling at the speed of moss across the screen.

Case 2: EA's NHL franchise. The whole craze in 2007 was NHL's stick control thing. The argument was that it's more realistic. Personally I think that it adds no new freedom, as it is just a fancy extension of the previous "deek" tricks with the NES controller, but I can't prove this. More to the point, the player literally has 1 second to do these crazy stick controls. I could understand if on a breakaway you had time slow down, and then control the puck, but this is ridiculous. You can't expect the human brain to respond that quickly.

MGS getting easier whereas NHL getting harder is essentially the meat of my argument: everything's going to hell.
Who thinx Prince of Persia will suck
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck