· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
166 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Failed Review
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Failed Review
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Failed Review
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Lets say you want an interesting game where you can also preserve what you have made. For example you work hard in building a base with defenses troops and stuff (such as in warcraft) and you can return to a place and walk around.

Story:

You get a character which is called an avatar and you go around with him and some bunch of heroes that join to you as a game goes further. You are going to help some people defend against evil. You get to play with many various races, exploring new maps and search for stuff. Walking trough portals and special stones(which mark an area in a map).

If you want to know more you should check on the web or just play the game.

Gameplay:

If you liked diablo, titan quest and warcraft, you will do all the stuff here, except for less effort, compared to titan quest you get more stuff (weapons/suits/items) without the crap of special formulas which is impossible to find all (in titan quest for example) and without the stupid upgrades when you want to build an army (such as in warcraft), compared to warcraft it's a lot more fun to build a base because it can be made in about 5 minutes when in Warcraft you have to spend about 20-25. The Ai is pretty good, of course not perfect but it's far better than in warcraft in my opinion, it's kinda like in titan quest where enemies chase you till a point the return to their place and the health and mana of the characters regenerates.

Drawbacks:

What sucks is that the autosaves occure only in the beginning of a map or when u go to different map trough a portal.

Some skills/magic spells and weapons are pretty useless, your other heroes don't get skill points(or develop enough), thus can't equip them with the latest stuff you find.

Graphics:

Not bad. People movement is pretty real, combats look good, nice graphic effects.

May require a fast Graphic Card.

In skirmish mode if there are 4 armies or more, may become pretty laggy, 2 much units...

Sounds:

Good sounds, though there is one very annoying thing, when your unit is being attacked it "alarms" with a very annoying melody, very gay in my opinion and the worse part that this freakin melody keeps annoying you quite a lot, sometimes I just had to mute my system because it made me mad, couldn't they just make some kind of "beep" or something?

Well this game was one of the best till now, if you know similar games, let me know.

here is a link for playable demo if you cannot get the full version or just want to see it, <REMOVED LINK!>
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

spellforce 2 is awful in all aspects
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Quote:
Well this game was one of the best till now, if you know similar games, let me know.

WTF!!!!!!

Why every faggot who have started playing since xbox feels enough "ol'skool vg" to state sentences like that?
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - Failed Review
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck