· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
175 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Amerikaner
Flame Me
Flame Me

Who the fuck has this game? Im gonna pick it up tomorrow because the developers actually tried to do something semi-new instead of making a linear piece of shit like HL2. Revolutionary my ass.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
Mean_MOFO
Poopypants
Poopypants

I have it, and was wondering when the fuck is the review coming out. It's actually a decent title. Fuck you suislide for not writing this review.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

I would make one but I can't find a fucking decent bt tracker (I'm on drugs by now, can't afford vgs). And of course you all piss out in my opinion.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
Mean_MOFO
Poopypants
Poopypants

Keep doing them drugs then.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:33 pm Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

Game's pretty fucked up in places. While the atmosphere isn't bad, the combat is shit (guns do fuckall damage, except headshots which are instant kills almost every time, and even sniper rifles have shitty accuracy), and your guns and armor degrade over time but there's no way to repair them.

This means that the unique guns and armor you find (IE, you can find an LR300 converted to an SPR, so it's slower firing but more accurate and more damaging) become useless pretty fast, cause once they start wearing out their accuracy goes to hell.

There's also too many guns that suck - most of the russian type assault rifles like the AK74SU and the "Obokan" (nice fucking spelling) are inaccurate as hell and do shit all damage, and none of the pistols in the game but the unique desert eagle can actually kill anything in less than two clips.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
Amerikaner
Flame Me
Flame Me

Mini review after a couple hours:

Graphics - Pretty ass. Theres some moments of brilliance like when I went to talk to this guy and we ended getting into a firefight against asshole bandits and his muzzle flash illuminated the walls as rain fell all over and lightning flashed. But mostly it sucks. Whatever retard said this is on par w/ HL2 should be fired (i think IGN reviewer). Weapon models suck dick. Some Stalker player models look pretty sweet but most suck, so far at least. Player animations are atrocious. Textures arent bad but foilage sucks.

Sound - There might be some sound problem Im having cause it sounds like the game is forcing me to use EAX which I cant use because all i have is onboard at the moment but it sounds weird. Sounds dont really feel like theyre coming from the right direction. The russian yelling is cool though and battles coming from the distance are nice.

Gameplay - Hmm everything about the gameplay screams shit. Clunky controls. Innaccurate as balls weapons. Etc. Yet I keep playing even though the whole game kinda sucks. It must be the awesome AI and the open-ended gameplay cause its just plain cool to go find a guy you need to talk to but then get pulled into a fight to help him and his comrades only to come back later to talk and find them all dead with bandits roaming the area.

So in conclusion: I cant say I recommend it unless you're willing to put up with possibly the greatest shabby game ever. Really, Im not sure how to put it. I could easily see why someone could think this game sucks really bad yet I can see the brilliance of it. I know thats kinda what every review is saying but I didnt really get it until I played. I assumed itd be a good game w/ bugs. Its really a crappy game w/ bugs but also with an underlying brilliance under all the dirt.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Amerikaner wrote:
its just plain cool to go find a guy you need to talk to but then get pulled into a fight to help him and his comrades only to come back later to talk and find them all dead with bandits roaming the area.

Not to be alone in a "fear" genre vg during the whole walkthrough? Do you really believe game developers mind is able to think in something like that?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Amerikaner
Flame Me
Flame Me

Kasrkin wrote:
Not to be alone in a "fear" genre vg during the whole walkthrough? Do you really believe game developers mind is able to think in something like that?

Can I have that translated to non-retard?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Mean_MOFO
Poopypants
Poopypants

But isn't retard your native language?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Amerikaner wrote:
Kasrkin wrote:

Can I have that translated to non-retard?

It's already translated for non-retardeds, think about it.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quote
Mean_MOFO
Poopypants
Poopypants

Oh I geddit, you don't understand the language for "non-retardeds", so you can't translate it for him! You're like babelfish, except you make less sense!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

GOOD MORNING MISTER ANUS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Ok I have played it for a while and by the engine/graphics this fucking game must be from 2003-2004, probably the developers had it ready since then and they were too fucking lazy whores to release it before.

It's REALLY multiplayer focused, to the point they had almost put a caution in the 1 player beginning "WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK ARE YOU DOING PLAYING ALONE?"

Combat is absolutely garbage, in fact is worst cos the engine seems to be something between Quake 2 and Wolfestein 3d so things like headshots are fucking impossible, loading times are longer than my penis too. Hell textures from item menu are even blurrier than Diablo 1 and character models look like a port from Enemy Territory, WTF? Where involution of vgs is going to stop? Shooting sounds are the fucking pussiest thing since Village People, this game sinks in every feature cos story probably will be some type of "you wake up with no memory and we are gonna tell you fucking nothing in the entire game".
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck