· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
70 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Future of this site
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Future of this site Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

http://www.videogamessuck.com/ftopic502-0-asc-40.html

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:
PlanetSide 2 PLANETSIDE 2

This game is a step in the right direction, IMO. It is like a prototype for things to come. For the big mutherfucken games. Ginormous, 1000 player battlers, at least, with tanks, aircraft, etc. Space battles too, with the possibility of traversing the distance between planets all in real time, so you could rape and pillage a solar system at least.

I'd love to see a concept like this taken into a completely ruthless, grueling, war & genocide IP, like, oh, I don't know, WH40K. Yeah, that would be perfect. Instead of being a simpleton soldier (like in battlefield or PlanetSide) you could be so much more, like a impossibly fast and strong, psychic alien, or a super soldier. Instead of just two sides fighting at each other on screen at all times, or 3, theres at least 7 major species of aliens, including humans, and they ALL HATE EACH OTHER. Epic FFAs guaranteed.

The way to do it would be to have so many god damn NPCs on everyone's side, everytime a human player spawns, they can just take control of the NPC that their class selection was. Or, if they want to spawn as their "real" character, that one that levels up and and shit like in MMOs, you'd have to spawn in an isolated area, so that no one can see a character suddenly blink into existence. That would kill the immersion! Load up on your battlebarge, link up with your squad, and get in the drop pods.

Think PlanetSide 2 refined, so none of the current deficiencies like random unit draw distances, general lag and unstableness of the game exist anymore.

That would be the starting point. Basically, when PlanetSide 2's development gets fully polished, completely finished - it would be a great starting point for even bigger projects. Destiny sounds interesting too, despite the console crap. Despite the predictable halo crap, at least the whole open world concept is being worked on. In Destiny, it was mentioned that you could traverse the game world from one planet to the next, and the space in between, without any loading screens. It is all real time. Immersion is being worked on, so it is a good sign of things to come.

But back to WH40K PlanetSide 2 Refined style, I was thinking of new features, gameplay mechanics.

I was thinking about implementing melee combat, so that all four limbs can be used, and both arms could wield guns or swords or rocks or bombs or beer or joints or heads, whatever your character can get it's hands on. It would be complex game for the player to be able use all of these functions.

Imagine having two aiming reticles on screen. Imagine having two gaming mouses to control both. Move the mouses to move the reticles, while using a thumb stick mounted on the side of one of your gaming mouses to control your viewpoint, and on the other mouse to move your body.

So you could dual wield two pistols, you could head shot two ppl at once. Or you could have a pistol and a sword. The melee reticle would have different statistics and indicators. Basically the melee reticle would help you determine if you are close enough to do things like a lunge attack, or a decapitation.

I haven't hammered out all the details yet, but holy fuck this gonna be intense.

Imagine this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-n52te-Tournament-Edition-SpeedPad/dp/B000WMEHYG

NOT as a gaming pad, but as a mouse. The part where you rest your hand on? Extend that, add two mouse buttons and a scroll button, swap the side directional pad with a side analog stick.

Of course you could still just use a normal mouse and keyboard combo, and still dual wield and shit. The aforementioned dual mouse thing is an idea I've had floating around in my head for some time now.

Picture this: In this dream game, you could be storming a trench line with a 1000 (hopefully more) other players. You charge with your lasgun, shooting while you run, vaulting into the trench and stabbing the enemy alien and/or heretic in the throat with the bayonet, landing your boots on his chest kicking him and his weapon to the ground, twisting the blade out - and getting shot in the head with a shotgun from a pussy hiding on his belly in the dirt, just a foot or 3 away from you.

RESPAWN. This time, I want to be a pilot.

OK, now, I'm gonna play as my character, a space marine. If you die as your main character, you have to wait a certain amount of time, and certain conditions need to be met in order to respawn. My clan is ready to storm the front lines to get closer to the chaos titan so that the rest of our forces can move in, and we could possibly board the titan.

Your in a transport tank barreling down the frontlines. It's gunner gets some good shots off. The ramp descends, everyone piles out. I've got wicked armor and guns now. The targets are mostly grunts, normal humans. To save ammo and kill enemy morale, bust out the chainsword while my bros shoot em.

In this dream game of mine, the physics would be immaculate. You could eviscerate limbs with a sword, or you can grab a guys head by the hair and with your short sword decapitate them. Your arm might get blown off for your main guy and he might have to get bionics.

If your main character gets killed in epic PvP scenarios, the punishment is demotion, losing of stats. You basically go back in time the next spawn because you are now playing as your character from months ago, because you and your faction lost the planet fuckus to the green horde, and you got wasted in an "arena" match with some ork player at your level. It's ok. The factions can always regroup, and you and your marines already have. Revenge is just around the corner. That snooty ork nob is gonna pay...

OK, now I'm gonna spawn as a tank driver. I shot one thing, and then

"Warning - orbital bombardment imminent" My comm system reporting to me.

And then the whole battlefield's terrain gets huge holes shot into it from space cruisers and their ion cannons. The physics would be immaculate so that EVERY object in the game can be deformed. Think battlefield's terrain deforming features, destructible buildings and shit, but to a whole, nuvah, levul...

Im gonna play my other account now:

I'm a chaos space marine. I just shot a couple loyalist marines dead, but theres one left, and just shot my two squad members. We start beating the shit out of each other, I bash his head in with a knee, he gets a nice upper cut to my jaw. A sniper shoots him in the head. I radio the guy who shot him and told him to fuck off, that fucking glory stealer. He laughs and says to blow him. It is a NPC player.

Yup, planetside 2 is a step in the right direction.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
AssSass
Flame Me
Flame Me

I made a review or whatever... but since it probably sucks balls and it is about 007: Lagends (Obscure Fucking Game), I dont expect it to make it through.
Re: Future of this site
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
the number of reviews per year were:
- 2003 - 73
- 2004 - 50
- 2005 - 50
- 2006 - 41
- 2007 - 38
- 2008 - 31
- 2009 - 78
- 2010 - 39
- 2011 - 30
- 2012 - 27
- 2013 - 28

- 2014 - 11

Statistical extrapolation of the future number of reviews on this site:
- 2015 - 4
- 2016 - 1
- 2017 - 0.3
- 2018 - 0.09
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

welcome back from your hitatus.....looks like you healed after the pogma battle in which took a heavy toll despite your perseverance.........good to get back to stats. did not see any reviews from you, i am sure there may be some kindred spirits waiting to read your review very eagerly.....either in this universe or the next

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
looks like you healed after the pogma battle in which [you? - b] took a heavy toll despite your perseverance.........

You read all this 'battle'? I don't think you did, so you cannot make any claims about it. BTW IMHO it was merely a discussion with some mild teasing; if you call this mild exchange a 'battle' that means that you are getting soft my friend.

Feel free to add your contribution there. Apparently you missed that you were referenced there too: http://www.videogamessuck.com/sutra19430.html#19430

_Master_ wrote:
did not see any reviews from you, i am sure there may be some kindred spirits waiting to read your review very eagerly.....either in this universe or the next

Haven't played any games the last few months. Anyway, I'm sure those kindred spirits could speak for themselves, not sure why you would feel compelled to speak on their behalf?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halab
Tard
Tard

obviously he referred to me
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
_Master_ wrote:
looks like you healed after the pogma battle in which [you? - b] took a heavy toll despite your perseverance.........

You read all this 'battle'? I don't think you did, so you cannot make any claims about it. BTW IMHO it was merely a discussion with some mild teasing; if you call this mild exchange a 'battle' that means that you are getting soft my friend.
it was some silly batter where you apparently lost to pogma's persistent stupidity....actually both where stupid. one tried pesudo stupidity and another pain stupidity.....and as a result one finally emerged the victor. it seems to me you took an ego beating and went into safe retreat of your fav library replenishing the stupid brain cells you lost.

berzerker wrote:

Feel free to add your contribution there. Apparently you missed that you were referenced there too: http://www.videogamessuck.com/sutra19430.html#19430
i donot participate in such silly childish conversation..Ha....i have more imperial matters to attend

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:
did not see any reviews from you, i am sure there may be some kindred spirits waiting to read your review very eagerly.....either in this universe or the next

Haven't played any games the last few months. Anyway, I'm sure those kindred spirits could speak for themselves, not sure why you would feel compelled to speak on their behalf?

i wasn't speaking on their behalf silly man, merely questioning what if scenarios......similar to Einsteins thought experiments.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

captnPugwash_halab wrote:
obviously he referred to me
why you jump around like little boy seeking attention ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
it was some silly batter where you apparently lost to pogma's persistent stupidity....actually both where stupid. one tried pesudo stupidity and another pain stupidity.....and as a result one finally emerged the victor. it seems to me you took an ego beating and went into safe retreat of your fav library replenishing the stupid brain cells you lost.

Your deductive powers are off the scale.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Let the record show that today it is 8 February 2015 and Suislide's last review dates back 11 August 2014. 5 months without reviews (only 3 guest reviews), this definitely merits a 'WTF?'

He must have matured after all. icon_bigsmurf.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

As this site becomes forgotten, there won't be ANY with an honest opinion. Would like to see a review of DA - Inquisition to see how Bioware fucked it up and just stuffed it with tons of unnecessary, shallow, unimaginative and repetitive quests somehow made mandatory to lengthen the playtime with all the bullshit animation and dumbed down combat and rpg system, but no.
Suislide's dead too? If he somehow got someone knocked up STILL one can write a review like at least in a month for fuck's sake.
Stop deluding yourself. Having a life doesn't mean you have to ban gaming from your days.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:56 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Zerker has destroyed this forum with his clones and drivel.
He must be fucken destroyed.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
Having a life doesn't mean you have to ban gaming from your days.

He probably still plays games but just doesn't write reviews. In the past he voiced opinions on the futuremark forums on lots of games that he never reviewed here (IIRC including Saints Row 3 and GTA IV) too.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:52 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
Zerker has destroyed this forum with his clones and drivel.
He must be fucken destroyed.

The thread is about the site (i.e. the review section, gouverned by Suislide), not about the forum (wannabe-gouverned by you).

But I love that you of all people accuse me of posting drivel.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Despite your confidence trick, we all know you've mastered the art of long-winded nonsense, and it's taken its toll of the forum.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
we all know you've mastered the art of long-winded nonsense

"we" being you and your clones / other personalities I presume? Or you and all your mates in your mailbox maybe? Otherwise how could you tell what others think of my posts?

IIRC it was you who was voted the outcast of the forum, not I.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:49 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I tried to bring a more objective/scientific approach to game reviews and the haters didn't go for it, so i gave them the ass.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, if you cannot risk your ego getting hurt, you'd indeed be wiser not to post any reviews here. But then don't blame others for the demise of this site.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

People are free to disagree, but unless they accompany it with worthwhile comments/criticism, its not worth a damn.
Don't forget that the artsy types (cunts) think that science and reason must be excluded from their mindset, however, creative thinking doesn't just happen, its a process related to ones knowledge.
Future of this site
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck