· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
69 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Why can't every game be Resident Evil 4?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Why can't every game be Resident Evil 4? Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah that never made sense to me. You can see ammo when you go to the merchant but you can not buy it. Honestly though, you can find enough in crates and you get a refill when you upgrade your weapon. I never really had a problem and you can hold your own with your knife/kick pretty well. The more you use a weapon the more likely you will find ammo for it in crates or bodies. Also you still got like 10 more boss battles to go. Try out mercenaries mode when you're done and you should definitely try pro mode.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'm over 20 hours in no, so this is a long game for a shooter. The fact that I played a shooter for this long shows that it is decent enough to continue, and I have not had the inclination to quit. So this game is good. I still have the same gripes as earlier in the game: too many stupid bosses, shortage of ammo at times due to the fact that you simply cannot buy it, and sometimes silly design choices: most notably there was a guy selling ammo at the bottom of a spiked pitfall (i.e. where you would never find any living soul), but generally level design and level variety is great, those are probably the biggest assets of the game. I like the guns, but trying which ones suits you best requires you to buy one, play for a while, and then reload to try the other options: because you have to buy them (you can resell but you will get a lower price back) and you have limited ammo, there's no way to try them all. So I ended up not trying half of the weapons in the game. A System Shock 2-type of system might have been preferable (define play styles and have weapons that clearly match that play-style).
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The merchant in general doesn't make any sense. Don't think about it too much. Anyway i didn't have a problem with ammo through out the whole game, and honestly running out of ammo makes it challenging and fun having to use or knife or run. I don't mind bosses as much as you do so that didn't bother me. Honestly I'm not quite sure why you run out of ammo so fast. Use your knife more often. Shoot em to the ground and knife them or do a suplex/kick. Saves alot of ammo. You should use the Red9 as your primary weapon. It's one of the best guns in the game and handgun weapon is pretty much everywhere. Save up for the upgrades. A treasure map is very recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

In this situation I just go after my personal taste. It's a zombie apocalipse! The forst part of the game was full of hordes of zombies attacking at once, (or single ones within close corridors and short range) so a good shotgun is a necessity. I always love pistols too, tons of ammo and an overall good sidearm. But the magnum has to be upgraded to the MAX as it's the ultimate boss killer. That is a must, believe me. Sniper rifle was extremely handy in a lot of situations. Just dropping enemies from afar, cleaning ahead before I even reach a certain place (especially near the castle).
But of course you can always just read about the weapons on the internet to see what is effective.

Also, I did not had any problems with the ammo at all. Of course one only need to use the certain weapon that fits the situation best.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yes, that's what I did. I have a
- Punisher (handgun)
- Broken Butterfly (magnum)
- Automatic Rifle (sniper)
- Striker (shotgun)
All fully upgraded (as to firepower, I generally ignore the other upgrade options). I search everything for ammo, try to use grenades against groups of enemies wherever possible (hand grenades are extremely efficient in this game, especially the incendiary one), but I tend to run out of shotgun ammo often and magnum ammo is always scarce to begin with. And yes, there is relatively a lot of ammo for the handgun, but taking out one enemy sometimes takes 10 bullets, so you eat it through it really quickly.

Anyway, so far I always got through, so maybe I'm just too used to having loads of ammo to spare.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I would tell you to change your hand gun but it's already too late since you are almost done with the game. If you got the punisher for free you should have just sold it. The Red9 (with stock ) is much better, in my opinion. Especially once you get the exclusive upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:33 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

zachofat wrote:
I would tell you to change your hand gun but it's already too late since you are almost done with the game. If you got the punisher for free you should have just sold it. The Red9 (with stock ) is much better, in my opinion. Especially once you get the exclusive upgrade.

I had changed it already, I had some cash to spare. Apparently the Red9 can be better upgraded than the Punisher, so while the change to Red9 didn't seem worthwile at first, it quickly became a decent upgrade, meaning I'm wasting a bit less ammo now.

Anyway, I'll report back once I am done (suppose I won't get annoyed to death by those silly bosses before then).
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The ending is ridiculously cheesy. There's also a long final boss battle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I just finished it, didn't like the last boss fight and the jet-ski part that followed it was even worse. Bad end to a decent game.

I'd put it in the same league as, say, NOLF: it is a decent shooter, worth playing, that's about it. Not in the HL-league IMHO, but then HL was one of the first shooters I played so that is bound to give it a greater impact.

The 'mercenaries'-extra seems to consist of timed missions, I hate that so I skipped those. I briefly tried the Ada-extra missions, these may be worth playing.

The stats showed that I needed almost 29 hours to beat the game and died over 100 times, quite a few of those in the horrendous jet-ski part at the end.....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

berzerker wrote:
I just finished it, didn't like the last boss fight and the jet-ski part that followed it was even worse. Bad end to a decent game.

I'd put it in the same league as, say, NOLF: it is a decent shooter, worth playing, that's about it. Not in the HL-league IMHO, but then HL was one of the first shooters I played so that is bound to give it a greater impact.

The 'mercenaries'-extra seems to consist of timed missions, I hate that so I skipped those. I briefly tried the Ada-extra missions, these may be worth playing.

The stats showed that I needed almost 29 hours to beat the game and died over 100 times, quite a few of those in the horrendous jet-ski part at the end.....

NOLF is awesome, you suck wang.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Suislide wrote:
NOLF is awesome

Apparently not awesome enough to put in your list of favourite video games, and that's precisely my point. It is a good game (so is RE4) but not the summit.
Why can't every game be Resident Evil 4?
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck