· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
108 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Video Games Suck doesn't know any fucking real games!
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Video Games Suck doesn't know any fucking real games! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

bah fung goo, I forgot about GFWL.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Ape_Shall_Never_Kill_Ape
Ubertard
Ubertard

Last time I played Arkham City it was 2 months ago and it still ran like shit with the supposed patch that rectified the DX11 performance issues. Otherwise, the game is fantastic.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Faestus
Tard
Tard

But seriously Suislide didn't review epic games like the ones I just mentioned or Carmageddon.

WTF?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Gift him a copy icon_profileleft.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

This thread is retarded
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Faestus wrote:
But seriously Suislide didn't review epic games like the ones I just mentioned or Carmageddon.

Most of the games you mentioned are RTS (or RTS-like) games, Suislide doesn't play these and therefore won't review them.

And apparently he reviews something only if he feels like it, he didn't review many games, including mainstream titles like GTA 4 and Crysis 2, games he undoubtedly did play.

Anyway, apparently you feel pretty strongly about this, why don't you submit reviews of those games yourself? I'm currently playing Penumbra Collection and Gothic 2 Night of the Raven, both pretty old and neither have been reviewed here (except by the captn on the forum in the case of Penumbra), I might submit a review of those. I also reinstalled Outcast, maybe I'll replay this (for the fourth time) and if so I'll review this too, if I can find the inspiration to write something remotely funny of course.

Just be prepared to be wasting your time because there have been complaints that Suislide ignores submitted reviews at random.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

u got Gothic 4 Bezerker?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
u got Gothic 4 Bezerker?

Nope, it's supposed to have nothing in common with the Gothic series, except for it's name (and even that in limited extent, because the focus is on "Arcania" or whatever it is called) and the publisher. Gothic fans generally consider Arcania to be crap too BTW, Risen being the true Gothic 4. Risen 2 was just released BTW, I'll surely buy that one day.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efbW9-VwtN8

What do you make of Angry Joes review of Risen...?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:

That's about the xbox version, so I didn't watch. The xbox version is generally considered a crappy port of the PC game (which was unexpectedly bug-free, quite unlike the Gothic games). Development of the xbox version was outsourced to a third party developer BTW, so that Piranha Bytes could focus solely on the PC game, as they did with the Gothic games before.

I played finished Risen months ago and posted some comments here back then. To summarize it's pretty good, just less good than Gothic 1 - 3. I do not think you should bother getting a copy, wait whether Risen 2 is any good instead (given your requirement that games must be state-of-the-art at all times).

Anyway, if the previous games are any indication Risen 2 will be less mainstream than Skyrim so you can expect reviews to be less positive. Gothic games always got lower scores than TES games, they are more 'hard core' so to speak and therefore do not attract all.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
[wait whether Risen 2 is any good instead (given your requirement that games must be state-of-the-art at all times).

I just want a good standard all over, I'm not a casual gamer devolving to using handheld devices{masturbation simulation}.
Re-Risen2.....looks doubtful and seems aimed at tards/14yr olds.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Faestus
Tard
Tard

Pogma9 wrote:
YOu have a point. Latest gothic titles have been kinda dissapointing. Vanilla versions were lacking and unstable.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Faestus wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:
YOu have a point. Latest gothic titles have been kinda dissapointing. Vanilla versions were lacking and unstable.

All Gothic titles have been unstable initially, so this is hardly a distinctive feature of any Gothic title specifically. And Gothic 4 wasn't Gothic at all (if that's the one you're referring to), Risen was perfectly stable stable though, so what is it exactly you agree with Pogma about Risen 2?

Last edited by berzerker on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:

Don't bother playing it, it looks so doubtful. icon_albino.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Faestus
Tard
Tard

berzerker wrote:
Faestus wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:

All Gothic titles have been unstable initially, so this is hardly a distinctive feature of any Gothic title specifically. And Gothic 4 wasn't Gothic at all (if that's the one you're referring to), Risen was perfectly stable stable though, so what is it exactly you agree with Pogma about Risen 2?

I agree that Risen 2 is some sort of attempt to put Pirates of the Carribian into a RPG. They attempt to sell it to PotC fan boys because pirates are some sort of trend now. All the crappy games attempt to stick to this trend.

Also Gothic 3 and 4 have been a little disappointing. They loose that Gothic feel little by little. Pyranha has been going down since NotR. I might not have played Gothic 3 fully upgraded and patched, but it was a disappointment for me and just doesn't feel like a Gothic game (what gothic fucking fights with the mouse?)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:

Don't bother playing it, it looks so doubtful. icon_albino.gif

What can you say in it's favour?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:

That's about the xbox version, so I didn't watch. T

NEXT TIME FUCKEN WATCH.....PC OR XBOX, SOME OF THE REVIEWERS COMMENTS STILL APPLY!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Faestus wrote:
Also Gothic 3 and 4 have been a little disappointing. They loose that Gothic feel little by little. Pyranha has been going down since NotR. I might not have played Gothic 3 fully upgraded and patched, but it was a disappointment for me and just doesn't feel like a Gothic game (what gothic fucking fights with the mouse?)

I played G3, fully patched, for more than 150 hours and found it very good, as good as G2. The world is much bigger and yes, controls are dumbed down but it didn't bother me any more after a while. I wrote my review of this game a bit too early, but it took months to finish so I thought I could write it after having played it for 30 hours or so. That wasn't the best decision I ever made. I suggest to give it a shot fully patched, and give it some time (like any Gothic game). It's possible that you keep hating the controls of course, but since they are not cumbersome or so, just different and simplified, I think you'll get used to it too.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
What can you say in it's favour?

Nothing, I know nothing about it yet, other than that it is the 5th Piranha Bytes game, and that I loved the first 3 and liked the 4th. And since you most likely won't be able to enjoy either of these 4, I will not waste any time recommending the 5th to you. Give it a try if you wish, let it pass if you don't.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Faestus wrote:
I agree that Risen 2 is some sort of attempt to put Pirates of the Carribian into a RPG. They attempt to sell it to PotC fan boys because pirates are some sort of trend now. All the crappy games attempt to stick to this trend.

Like which games? PotC was a hit years ago already, if PB wanted to cash in on the trend allegedly set by this game, they would have done so in Risen 1. I do not think there has been any PotC-trend the last few years?

Besides, one of the issues with Risen 1 was that it actually added nothing to Gothic 1 - 3, it was basically more of the same. If PB has really tried to do something different this time, I would welcome that. It would be great if they evolved instead of just releasing basically the same game again (with improved graphics and simplified controls probably). They are a talented bunch with an excellent track record (except for their quality control), I trust they made something decent out of it.
Video Games Suck doesn't know any fucking real games!
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck