· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
71 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Finally building a new computer
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Finally building a new computer Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Full *Scene* Anti Aliasing.

Full-scene anti-aliasing by supersampling usually means that each full frame is rendered at double (2x) or quadruple (4x) the display resolution, and then down-sampled to match the display resolution. So a 2x FSAA would render 4 supersampled pixels for each single pixel of each frame. While rendering at larger resolutions will produce better results, more processor power is needed which can degrade performance and frame rate.

So obviously 16x is much more demanding than 4x, I decided to spell it out for if the captn reads this too.

Interesting, I never knew that
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Just finished assembling the third computer and I am currently updating Windows 7 Pro 64, and next I will install and update windows XP 32. Here is what I've learned

1)You guys were right on almost every note. The PSU is very important and the case should be invested in since it is the single element which you can use for a long time
2)Craigslist is a perfect place to swap what you don't need (ie. 15" old LCD monitor) with what you do need (ie. usb extension cables)
3)There are limits to doing things "on the cheap"

And by the way, Crysis looks UNREAL on the highest settings. And it is so fun to fuck around with the AI.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

Full-scene anti-aliasing by supersampling usually means that each full frame is rendered at double (2x) or quadruple (4x) the display resolution, and then down-sampled to match the display resolution. So a 2x FSAA would render 4 supersampled pixels for each single pixel of each frame. While rendering at larger resolutions will produce better results, more processor power is needed which can degrade performance and frame rate.

So obviously 16x is much more demanding than 4x, I decided to spell it out for if the captn reads this too.

I noticed there is no performance difference between 2x and 16x FSAA, but there is a huge difference between no FSAA and 2x FSAA. Also, with FSAA on, it gets progressively brighter.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
Ape_Shall_Never_Kill_Ape
Ubertard
Ubertard

puk wrote:
berzerker wrote:

I noticed there is no performance difference between 2x and 16x FSAA, but there is a huge difference between no FSAA and 2x FSAA. Also, with FSAA on, it gets progressively brighter.

Edit: Fuck. Double post.

Last edited by Ape_Shall_Never_Kill_Ape on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Ape_Shall_Never_Kill_Ape
Ubertard
Ubertard

puk wrote:
berzerker wrote:

Same here. I recently upgraded to a GTX 460 and overclocked it and I still prefer to play some games (Crysis, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, etc) with no AA. Even 2x AA has a noticeable performance impact, but with no AA, everything is silky smooth for the most part.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

no alez, i am not ApeSNApe. alien.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk, could you donate some of your 1000's of PSU to the Queensland flood relief?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
puk, could you donate some of your 1000's of PSU to the Queensland flood relief?

Yeah, they need PSU's to build dikes with. iamwithstupid.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
lmfao.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:
lmfao.

Not even worth a grin etc, u know the drill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:
lmfao.

Not even worth a grin etc, u know the drill.
Remind me to stop condensing laughs,into 3-5 letters. Next time, I'll send FLAC encoded files of laughs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_TOO
Tard
Tard

Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
Next time, I'll send FLAC encoded files of laughs

ur way 2 stupid 2 do anything of the sort
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
rofl n lmfo icon_cheers.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I recently built two new computers and one of them is not exactly working. I was hoping you could help me diagnose it.

during install, it crashed on two versions of windows, so I went and bought a new hard drive (it had an old 140GB HDD).

With the new hard drive, the install worked, but in the final stages of the install I got the blue screen of death, so I installed the other version of windows (7) and it finally worked.

When I logged into windows everything worked fine, indefinitely, however, whenever I tried to install an application it would crash about 75% of the time, and I 'd get the blue screen of death.

I have a 550W PSU, so I don't think it's the problem, on top of that, the other identical computer is having no problems

I thought it might be the optical drive (it's very old) so I tried a windows update and also a network file transfer and that crashed.

I thought it might be the ram so I tried removing one of the two 2GB sticks, and I tried both slots, and the computer still crashed (sometimes even earlier than before.

I thought it might be the heatsink but it is working fine and it has the thermal gel.

I can't imagine what would cause the computer to crash under medium load, but not under light load.

Also bear in mind that it is not a graphics card problem as the video drivers have not yet been installed (VGA graphics only)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I was hoping you could help me diagnose it.

I was thinking that if you were struggling with retaining your members and you were above creating a series of clones[like at Campy Dooly}......you could create a small number of clones that actually spammed your own forum...ie, you send your members disturbing photo's and comments, and then you rescue them from your clone by banning that clone and apologizing.

This would create an artificial bond, and highlight your strength as an admin, even though you're behind it all and never on hand to prevent the spam.

You could talk shit about how you're pursuing these people, ie, contacting their ISP and so on.
Hit the forum with a spam attack during any slowdowns, and use it to rejuvenate the members.

You could also assign token mods that limited powers{including the inability to view IP's and delete threads}, in fact, you could create clones that are mods...you could make them sexually deviant which will make you appear progressive, ie, openly appoint a clone that's based around a homosexual or transsexual....then use your spambots to dump anti-homo stuff all the time, but come to the rescue of the forum and the homo's.

In fact, admit to not liking homo's, but appoint gay and transsexual mods anyway to prove you're a man of principle.....have an option in the forum profile for gender/orientation, ie, straight, gay, les, tran+other.....maybe even assign user ranks to the gay mods such as....tranny patrol or fag ass-istant.

Start thinking outside the fucken box...life's too short to have to hang around at a dump like GPM, and even worse, Cumpy Dooly.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

the spam might deter some from posting,ever.
@puk what are your crashing pc's specs?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
puk wrote:

I was thinking that if you were struggling with retaining your members and you were above creating a series of clones[like at Campy Dooly} [blah blah]

Rehash of old crap from this site posted in a random topic here.

Last edited by berzerker on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I recently built two new computers and one of them is not exactly working. I was hoping you could help me diagnose it.

This sort of problems is often a faulty memory module, but you more or less ruled that out already. It is good you have 2 PC's, this allows you to swap stuff until you can pinpoint the part that causes the crashes.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:00 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

HAS IT EVER OCCURRED TO YOU THAT IT COULD BE YOUR FUCKEN MENTAL ATTITUDE, AND THAT YOU'VE GOTTEN SLOPPY YOU FUCKEN CUNT......WHERE'D YOU LEARN YOUR TRADE YOU FUCKEN CUNT?????????
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:47 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:

I your brain is faulty, this is a serious problem

II your ram is faulty, run memtest from bios, this is actually solvable

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming