· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
159 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - belgian burka ban
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> belgian burka ban Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
belgian burka ban
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Any views on this news?

Many women are forced to wear this which excludes them from society which we should not tolerate. But others might wear this voluntarily and you should not infringe with their religious rights, and why shouldn't they be free to wear this if they so choose? Moreover, would this law really help them? These women will probably be locked up at home, so additional measures will be required to prevent that from happening, then couldn't you limit yourself to those measures and forget the ban?

I am not sure yet.
View users profile Send private message
Re: belgian burka ban
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote
II-Duce
Flame Me
Flame Me

berzerker wrote:
Any views on this news?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The captn has created yet another account it seems. Not sure what Mussolini has to do with this though.
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

i think you have an unhealthy obsession on this captn guy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Moreover, would this law really help them? These women will probably be locked up at home, so additional measures will be required to prevent that from happening,
this is a very disturbing line. think about it, you have a religion that has made a woman so powerless, stripped her of her humanity that she is sooo weak she cant show her face to the public or stand up for herself. This is exactly what the religion of islam trains woman to be...woman as reproductive fuck bags(your mom btw yeah) covered in a blanket....all approved because it was written in the holy book of quran. also its a problem that spills across the sexes too as you have these weak dumb brainless woman reproduce and produce dumber men, as many of the genes are passed on from mother to offspring. the cycle repeats across generations, until they are incapable of seeing logic.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I approve of improving woman's rights, but I too do not know where I stand on this issue. It's very controversial.
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'm a bit of a misogonyst myself,but i 2 dnt knw what to say nor do
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
I'm a bit of a misogonyst myself

Well at least your honest.
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:54 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
think about it, you have a religion that has made a woman so powerless, stripped her of her humanity that she is sooo weak she cant show her face to the public or stand up for herself. This is exactly what the religion of islam trains woman to be...woman as reproductive fuck bags(your mom btw yeah) covered in a blanket....all approved because it was written in the holy book of quran. also its a problem that spills across the sexes too as you have these weak dumb brainless woman reproduce and produce dumber men, as many of the genes are passed on from mother to offspring. the cycle repeats across generations, until they are incapable of seeing logic.

May I infer that you agree with the ban? The problem this poses outweighs the right of the individual?

Maybe we should draw a comparison with the position of industrial labourers in the 18th century. They were being exploited by the captains of industry (much like the Chinese workers may be exploited now) and the threat of revolution was needed to turn the tide (which may have returned BTW; just read yesterday that the differences in income in the UK between the top 5% and bottom 5% are now as high as they were then). Maybe we should we let these women declare their own revolution (i.e. let them solve their own problems in stead of forcing our views upon them)?
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
May I infer that you agree with the ban?
that would perhaps depend upon your IQ.

berzerker wrote:
The problem this poses outweighs the right of the individual?
i donot see any problem here

berzerker wrote:
Maybe we should draw a comparison with the position of industrial labourers in the 18th century.
looks like a solo mission here

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Insightful as always...
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yep master leap frogs advice is always good wisdom,young chap.
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The advice being what exactly?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Any views on this news?

Many women are forced to wear this which excludes them from society which we should not tolerate. But others might wear this voluntarily and you should not infringe with their religious rights, and why shouldn't they be free to wear this if they so choose? Moreover, would this law really help them? These women will probably be locked up at home, so additional measures will be required to prevent that from happening, then couldn't you limit yourself to those measures and forget the ban?

I am not sure yet.

OK, I made up my mind. I am against the ban and I do not think it will hold up in court (that is the European Court of Human Rights) either. Other measures can be taken that do not (or to a lesser degree) restrict religious rights (e.g. you could require everyone without a job to do a course each year for language or job skills, do one to one interviews with all risk groups etc) and these other measures should be exhausted first. The government that wants to impose a ban will have to prove that the measure is necessary in a democratic society to achieve the goal of emancipating those women. I do not see how they can prove this.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
berzerker wrote:
Any views on this news?

I am not sure yet.

OK, I made up my mind. I am against the ban and I do not think it will hold up in court (that is the European Court of Human Rights) either. Other measures can be taken that do not (or to a lesser degree) restrict religious rights (e.g. you could require everyone without a job to do a course each year for language or job skills, do one to one interviews with all risk groups etc) and these other measures should be exhausted first. The government that wants to impose a ban will have to prove that the measure is necessary in a democratic society to achieve the goal of emancipating those women. I do not see how they can prove this.

I think a perfect example would be if we were to make it illegal for women to wear high heel shoes. In both cases it is something that is expected of women, even though it is sexist (women are not meant for decoration). It would be best if social progress tackled this issue.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

It would be best if all religion, all parts of every religion, including all of it's leaders, and most of it's followers, were annihilated.

It would be a hell of a task. icon_king.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Lets start our own religion based on annihilating all other religions.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:

It already exists, it's called islam. icon_cheers.gif

Ha, I beat the captn to it!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
puk wrote:

It already exists, it's called islam. icon_cheers.gif

Ha, I beat the captn to it!

Damn it I set u up to take down the Catholics. They are the most fun to mock.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
OK, I made up my mind. I am against the ban and I do not think it will hold up in court (that is the European Court of Human Rights) either.
yes it will eaisly, several reasons

1. it is a security threat. never know if i am talking to terrorist or a normal person

2.difficult to read facial expression - during interviews or when you are having a conversation you cant see the facial expression of the person, so its a very unnatual way of dealing with such people. its like they already says "YO WE DONT WANT TO MIX WIT YOU"

3. cultural conflicts - islamic and western cultures cannot be mixed, they have different ideologies. islamic beliefs are generally non tolerant, non scientific. A huge roadblock against development.

In islamic nations you cant kiss in public, hold hands or see women wear sexy dresses, so i see no reason at all why we need to accommodate these ridiculous breathing cloth bags around. If they love their religion so much, they can go back to where they came from

Last edited by _Master_ on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming