· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
170 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Fallout 3 opinions?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Fallout 3 opinions? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I've found that if you build your skills and keep repairing your weapons, the accuracy is greatly improved, in fact, you can play without VATS once you get to level9 or so.

I'm rating FO3 and GTR evo+mods{with controller or wheel} as the 2 best PC games I've ever played.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

Found FO3 pretty okay overall - while it's not the best at portraying a wasteland nor the best sandbox it's acceptable enough to maintain a level of enjoyment.

In regards to the combat, I found that the game is a lot better in many regards if you do Point Lookout early on (once your character can handle the challenges associated, anyway) - the lever action rifle and double barrelled shotgun (plus the unique lever action) both have much better critical damage rates and chances, plus tend to use a lot of AP - which would be a disadvantage except the damage they do is likewise high so it essentially shortens VATS time.

You can easily use the Backwater Rifle till the end of the game after finding it due to its' high HP, single-shot damage and accuracy; even on Very Hard it'll often cause one or two hit kills if you hit the head with both shots.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

D wrote:
Found FO3 pretty okay overall - while it's not the best at portraying a wasteland nor the best sandbox it's acceptable enough to maintain a level of enjoyment.

Out of curiosity, which game/s best portray a wasteland, and which is more open than FO3?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

If you don't mind the extreme retroness then I think Wasteland is pretty good at it. I had hoped that STALKER might do it well, but only with Oblivion Lost and a few other extra spawn decreasing additions does it get the atmosphere right.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

D wrote:
If you don't mind the extreme retroness then I think Wasteland is pretty good at it. I had hoped that STALKER might do it well, but only with Oblivion Lost and a few other extra spawn decreasing additions does it get the atmosphere right.

I don't have Wasteland, but do have both Stalkers, and whilst I very much liked Stalker SOC, I think FO3 is a much better and more developed RPG.....Stalker is more like an open world, atmospheric shooter with some average RPG stuff included in the game.

I don't know of any game that has FO3's scale and level of objects in the world, ie, the DC area.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Where the fuck is Ian?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:12 am Reply with quote
Cabbie-Galah
Tard
Tard

Pogma9 wrote:
Where the fuck is Ian?

I HERE. I IMPORTANT. icon_cyclops_ani.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

GET OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKEN NUTJOB.
I'M REFERRING TO THE COCKSUCKER IAN IN FO3, I CAN'T FIND THE LITTLE RUNT AND I'M FUCKING SICK OF LOOKING.....FO3 IS SO HUGE THAT IT DWARFS MY OVERSIZED FOOTLONG DICKHEAD.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:35 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

FUCK YOU ALL, THE BITCH IS AT NORTHWEST SENECA, SO THANKS FOR SHIT YOU COCK BREATH AND BROTHED UP FAGS.....I'D ALREADY BEEN TO THAT DUMP BUT NEVER SAW THE FUCKER, THIS TIME I CANNOT FAIL HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quote
Cabbie-Galah
Tard
Tard

Pogma9 wrote:
GET OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKEN NUTJOB.
I'M REFERRING TO THE COCKSUCKER IAN IN FO3, I CAN'T FIND THE LITTLE RUNT AND I'M FUCKING SICK OF LOOKING.....FO3 IS SO HUGE THAT IT DWARFS MY OVERSIZED FOOTLONG DICKHEAD.

I take exception to your abuse. I expect a formal apology or I WILL be making a FORMAL complaint.
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

FO3 goty is still $49 dollars, when the fuck are they gonna lower the price. i mean dont they ever get it, i am never gonna buy it at that price.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

After exploreing almost everything on the map and done most quests, I found this game quite great. There's quite a lot of good ideas in it, like what's inside the other vaults, where you meet the man who cloned himself 50 times or where the gas experiment went on. The oasis was also great how they took Harold into the third Fallout game too makeing his tree evolved that much.
After all this, I started the main quest and it was quite allright. Also John Henry Eden totally rocks. His "sraight to your heart" speeches are awesome, interesting and hilarious, And his voice acting is truly great. Although he was the main antagonist, I found him a good guy. He did everything out of his love for his country. When listened his broadcasts everybody thought that he's a liar, but in reality he truly believed in what he said and that he's a good guy. Of course everybody in the Enclave got it wrong. The world was not ready for him I guess. Not to meniton that he helped you out of your prison and later on, out of Raven Rock, because he believed in you. Upon meeting him in person it turns out that he admires the player. That was an enjoyable dialog between the two.
He should had been transferred into an android like the one Zimmer owned in Rivet City. Then he would become the new Messiah.
But now there's no Encalve Radio anymore.. Those speeches were the only stuff enjoyable even after listened everything over and over. Three Dog sucks. He's boring even for first time listeners. Agatha also. But hearing President Eden was always a delight.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

finished it at level 20...pathetic piss poor ending. they could have atleast had an in game rendered animation of purifying the water and showing the wasteland being transformed into a lush green valley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

bah humbug, most games have fucked endings, beginnings and thorough fairs.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

thats no excuse to getaway with....now it feels they got bored with the game to the point that they where too lazy to do a good ending....its sloppy work, you need to immerse the player by these small but effective techniques

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

What GPU have you got Master?
I'd like to know what FO3 looks like at 1600p maxed, especially as Vegas looks like Max Payne 2.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
What GPU have you got Master?
I'd like to know what FO3 looks like at 1600p maxed, especially as Vegas looks like Max Payne 2.
gtx 285.not sure now.no i am not master just answering your question since he is not on everyday.
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hey you ball busting pricks, I'll cap your Chinese cunt of a wife.
FYI, I criticized FO3 for having crappy real time gunplay, but to a large degree, that's down to your guns skills, so with a high small guns skill, the sniper rifles are rock steady, and I've been cornholing raiders from long range....that said, there's no question Vegas is better in realtime.

FO3 really is a masterpiece, but it pays to have some RPG experience.
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
. Three Dog sucks. He's boring even for first time listeners.

Once you've completed some quests, kill those people and your karma will slide to evil, then, 3 dog will comment on your evil activities.....AFAIK, the only major drawback to poor karma is that you can't convince others to travel with you.
Fallout 3 opinions?
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck