· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
107 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Riddick
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Riddick Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Riddick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Anyone played the new Riddick game already?

It got bad reviews on usenet and has a 3-install non-revocable DRM. Just now EA starts to understand that this DRM nonsense scares customers away, Atari keeps defending it. laughing9.gif
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

yeah i saw it a week back....was hoping it would be exicting like the movie. oh well anyways with so much hi shit rate, i keep my expectations low by default.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
... oh well anyways with so much hi shit rate, i keep my expectations low...

Same here
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Bajo and Jungalist will be reviewing it on Monday night.......so I'll cut it out and put it on ytube.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hmmm....Jewtube zapped one of my ytube accounts, the one with "The Watchman" review, so I'm reluctant to add the Riddick one.
Based on the review, I think the game will be okay, and I think I'll buy it as I've finished playing most of my games.

There's no reason to believe that DA will be better than the original, but at least it's 2 games for the price of one.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
There's no reason to believe that DA will be better than the original, but at least it's 2 games for the price of one.

If you already played the one and the other is bad, it still seems a bad deal however.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:57 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Never completed the last one, but I bought it about 2 months ago and then dropped it after I heard they were remaking it with better visuals.
The original still looks very good.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Suspicious that only now that a crack came out i post a comment about it...suspicious indeed.

Anyway, the game is SHIT. I loved the first riddick and anyone who didn't is a fucking sad loser who only gets boners from playing with small children....sick fuck.

It had it all, story, visuals, good combination of gameplay styles.

BUT NOW it seems the developers KNEW they couldn't possibly top themselves so they remade it with better graphics and added a crap sequel (more on that later). Is there anyone who couldn't play the first because of the bad visuals? I'd understand renewing something from 98 or something but this is just overkill. And that's all they changed. It's like a dick slap to the face saying "well fuck you, play the game again 'cause we say so.".

What was the point? there are hundreds if not thousands of other games that would need a graphical remake that make more sense. EA might as well just release a fifa pack every year containing all the previous games with the slightly better visuals.

And the sequel? Dark Athena is....fucking dark. I guess they do warn you from the title but jesus christ, is this game dark. Not the "i'm having fun being an emo vin diesel lurking in the dark" kinda dark. But the "i can't see shit and that eye shine makes everything too ugly to use it".

And the space ship and the camera angle make me feel like i'm watching Aliens. The only change before reaching that planet is from black corridors to gray corridors.

The story?It makes Velvet Assassin's story seem original.
This ugly chick is a bounty hunter and vin petrol leaves a little girl to die on a ship...you know, 'cause that's what he does, he's badass. Then he falls in a planet and i assume he dies of his own ego eating him up from the inside. Or something, i stopped playing because i simply couldn't care.
All this game is doing is giving you an excuse to say "WOW vin gas is so hardcore". The first made me forget vin shithead(i ran outta ideas) was a smug asshole but this time it's unbearable. The dialogue is so pathetic it's fun sometimes. Too bad i couldn't find it in wikiquote.

I just needed to get that out, release the anger. Guess it's kinda a long rant.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

dude why didn't u submit that as a review? it was half decent
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

'cause if it's shit, then it's ok. If it has to be a review i have to really work on it. Not write it in 10 minutes with an occasional pause to scratch my balls.

I'm also shy i guess icon_albino.gif (too lazy to search for a shy smiley face)

Edit: Also, what if i get just one star marks? I can't handle rejection confused1.gif (smiley face available at the courtesy of berzerker, thanks)

Last edited by Alez on Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
too lazy to search for a shy smiley face

Pick one: laughing8.gif laughing11.gif toothy5.gif sad1.gif laughing7.gif confused1.gif confused2.gif puke.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
'cause if it's shit, then it's ok. If it has to be a review i have to really work on it.

I agree with puk. You have done half the work already, just finish it and submit. Otherwise Suislide might review it and he sucks at reviewing Riddick games.

Quote:
Edit: Also, what if i get just one star marks?

I did one review and got zero votes hence zero stars. Such an experience just makes you stronger. icon_albino.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

hehe i haven't read your review. I just didn't see a point to review such a small game. Kinda like with braid or other small and cool games. And there is also nothing bad to say about it. A review is fun to read only if you have bad shit to say.

Well i'll think about writing for the site, i play most games that come out on pc anyway and i see the reviews come very slowly.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I kinda want to start reviewing old games, cuz I don't have the money to shell out for a $1500 rig every 6 months.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I kinda want to start reviewing old games

Go ahead. Not too long ago we had reviews of Dark Messiah and Sacred Underworld 2 years after release, and why not?

Quote:
I don't have the money to shell out for a $1500 rig every 6 months.

This is the sort of exaggeration usually heard from console fanboys. If you buy a PC (with a mid to high range video card) once every 3 years and upgrade (video card and maybe memory) half way, you should be able to play any game.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, that thousands of dollars thing is something i only see in console fanboys. And people who think you have to have the latest video card and processor to play games.

My system is 2 - 3 years old and i can play any game i want. Only gta 4 pissed me off but it was still playable. 2 gb ram, 2 ghz dual core nothing fancy.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
Yeah, that thousands of dollars thing is something i only see in console fanboys. And people who think you have to have the latest video card and processor to play games.

My system is 2 - 3 years old and i can play any game i want. Only gta 4 pissed me off but it was still playable. 2 gb ram, 2 ghz dual core nothing fancy.

You're telling me a three year old system which you bought/built for under $1500 can run crysis at decent settings?

Have you considered setting up a business selling high end computers to the recently bankrupt?

The last level in Crysis literally reduced my computer into a slide show.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

IMO, people need to time their PC purchases around operating systems and the most demanding games they plan to play....for ex, the very minimum spec you need is that which can ensure that Vista/W7 will run smoothly, and IMO, that's a dual core+4 gig of ram, granted Vista is supposed to be RAM hungry and I noticed that 6 gig of DDR3 ram was only $160AUD.......I paid $110 for 4 gig of DDR2 6 months ago.

Being that my system is a E8400, 4 gig ram and 4850 1gig, and I can play Crysis on 1920x1200+4aa on High[with cat9.4}, this should be considered minimum spec these days, as games inevitably become more demanding.

That said, GTA4 taught us the value of a quad core and at least 1 gig of Vram on your GPU.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I had a shitty video card at the time, nvidia 8500 so i could only run it at almost the lowest settings. Now that i have a better card i still don't care to play it again because it's boring.

Either way, the thing is "decent settings" and "not being able to run it" are two major different things. You could easily know if a game is good or bad from the gameplay, the graphics are just bonus. In the end gameplay makes or breaks a game. I don't give a fuck about sales, like how Sims are making shit loads of money, i'm talking about a good game.

I played stalker clear sky on lowest fucking settings before getting my nvidia 9600 and i still loved it. After the new card, i liked it even more. But like i said, it was just a bonus. Kinda like having sex and then the hooker (yeah, i know you can only get it that way) gives you another blow job after, just for the hell of it.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Terrible analogy. It would be like being forced to bang dime store hookers who give great head, then you strike it rich and get a courtesan, who looks like a bombshell, to give you great head.

At the end of the day, it's the blow job that makes or breaks any good prostitute. The looks are just bonus.
Riddick
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck