· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
205 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Alez from romania
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Alez from romania Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

well fuck this useless site. It's too dead and the admins don't give a flying fuck so...i'm out of here.

My password is "fuckingbored" so anyone can have fun if they want.

Bye bye dudes, it's been fun, berzerker and puk mostly. Mihai doesn't count, he's a homo.

This is officially my last post so any other is an impostor.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
well fuck this useless site. It's too dead and the admins don't give a flying fuck so...i'm out of here.

My password is "fuckingbored" so anyone can have fun if they want.

Bye bye dudes, it's been fun, berzerker and puk mostly. Mihai doesn't count, he's a homo.

This is officially my last post so any other is an impostor.

LOL I don't blame you. I've lost faith in this place too. visit from time to time.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:

What more did you expect actually?

Last edited by berzerker on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
LOL I don't blame you. I've lost faith in this place too. visit from time to time.

What better sites are there?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
What better sites are there?

http://www.videogamessuck.tk/ of course, that site is just awesome! icon_albino.gif drunken_smilie.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

is that you mihai
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

No it's not. I just changed my mind about not coming back here, I decided to come back occasionally, as everyone does.

Apparently there is now no home page configured on http://www.videogamessuck.tk, I only get an index listing. Maybe a website of this magnitude is too difficult for Mihai after all?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

its obviously mihai. as i mention this i begin to wonder if alez was mihai all along. ie he never existed. anyone for conspiracy theories? glasses9.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Just saw a documentary about the US entering WW1. It appears that the US hardly had any army at that time (in comparison to the huge armies in Europe). The US army in the beginning of 1917 was comparable in size to the Belgian army (and was therefore insignificant in comparison with the huge German, French, Russian and English armies).

For those interested (if any at all), I just read this in Keegans "the First World War" too (page 378/389, about the US entering the war):
Quote:
The mobilisation of the United States Navy, with the second largest fleet of modern battleships in the world after Britain's, immediately altered the balance of naval power in the Atlantic and North Sea unchallengeably in the Allies' favour (...). The United States Army, by contrast, was in April 1917 only 108,000 strong and in no condition to take the field; the federalisation of the National Guard, of 130,000 part-time soldiers scarcely added to its effectiveness. The best American units belonged to the Marine Corps, but numbered only 15,000. (...) Meanwhile, conscription would produce a first contingent of a million recruits, with another million to follow.

So the US had a large navy but only a relatively tiny army, much like the British, but the army had virtually no experience or hardware (unlike the British).

Now I still need to find confirmation that the US maintained a large standing army after the war.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hey zerker?Could you suggest good war history books to me.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Here a quote from a 107 year old French survivor of WW1 (probably dead by now, the quote is from 2005):
Quote:
After surviving the trenches, the gas attacks, the Spanish flu pandemic of 1919 and the clandestine risks of a resistance operative in World War II, Gilson finds the modern world "astonishing, dangerous, immoral and lacking respect," according to Suzanne. "For him, there is something deranged about it."

Gilson raises his hand and chips in: "I'll never go to one of those retirement homes," he says with an outburst of chuckling. "They are full of old people."

icon_bigsmurf.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:14 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

thats funny

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
berzerker wrote:
Just saw a documentary about the US entering WW1. It appears that the US hardly had any army at that time (in comparison to the huge armies in Europe). The US army in the beginning of 1917 was comparable in size to the Belgian army (and was therefore insignificant in comparison with the huge German, French, Russian and English armies).

For those interested (if any at all), I just read this in Keegans "the First World War" too (page 378/389, about the US entering the war):
Quote:
The mobilisation of the United States Navy, with the second largest fleet of modern battleships in the world after Britain's, immediately altered the balance of naval power in the Atlantic and North Sea unchallengeably in the Allies' favour (...). The United States Army, by contrast, was in April 1917 only 108,000 strong and in no condition to take the field; the federalisation of the National Guard, of 130,000 part-time soldiers scarcely added to its effectiveness. The best American units belonged to the Marine Corps, but numbered only 15,000. (...) Meanwhile, conscription would produce a first contingent of a million recruits, with another million to follow.

So the US had a large navy but only a relatively tiny army, much like the British, but the army had virtually no experience or hardware (unlike the British).

Now I still need to find confirmation that the US maintained a large standing army after the war.

Apparently they didn't. In 1939 the US army was appr 180.000 men, which is quite insignificant really. Material was not much updated since WWI either (maybe with the Navy as an exception?). Just read this in a multi-volume work about WWII, haven't been able to verify this yet.

So apparently it was only after WWII that the US kept a large peacetime army, I guess this was due to the perceived communist threat of that time. Prior to that the taxpayers showed the same reluctance to spend taxpayers money it shows with all other matters.

If this is true, again it proves that it is possible to build a huge army virtually from scratch in a matter of years, given sufficient determination, which negates the need for keeping large peacetime armies, particularly for a country like the US (which has no bordering countries which could pose any threat of invasion). US taxpayers have become accustomed to funding a large peacetime army in the last 60 years or so, so that there are no longer questions raised about it; it also seems to have become a prestige object (quite a costly one I may add).
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
You could make the argument that the whole point of capitalism is to make waste, so capitalism and war go hand in hand.

I just ran into this 1935 documentary called dealers in death, you might want to check it out.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Mr-Fly
Tard
Tard

berzerker wrote:
puk wrote:
You could make the argument that the whole point of capitalism is to make waste, so capitalism and war go hand in hand.

I just ran into this 1935 documentary called dealers in death, you might want to check it out.
bzzzzzzz......
bzzzzzz.....ok i will just buzz it out.......bzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
puk wrote:

You really like WWI don't you?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

What I meant to say is that the allegations of dirty politics of the weapons industries are not new.

But yes I have been focusing on WWI and the period immediately preceding it for some time now, currently reading this book about Kaiser Wilhelm II (this will be finished shortly) and this one about the first month of the war which I expect to take much more time. Just finished a book about the Gallipoli campaign too and I have a few others left to read too. After that maybe I'll start reading the book on the Boer wars I bought recently, this seemed to have been to the British what the Lebanon war was to the Israeli (i.e. military victory while losing the public opinion all over the world).

Last edited by berzerker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr-Fly
Tard
Tard

puk wrote:
bzzzzzzzzz........
bzzzzzzzzzzz........war is bad...many many flies die...sad sad...bzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Mr-Fly
Tard
Tard

berzerker wrote:
What I meant to say is that the allegations of dirty politics of the weapons industries are not new.
bzzzzz.....ok

berzerker wrote:
But yes I have been focusing on WWI and the period immediately preceding it for some time now, currently reading
me too, i have been focussing on your head for a while, it looks very interesting.....bzzzzzzzz

berzerker wrote:

this book about Kaiser Wilhelm II (this will be finished shortly) and this one about the first month of the war which I expect to take much more time. Just finished a book about the Gallipoli campaign too and I have a few others left to read too. After that maybe I'll start reading the book on the Boer wars I bought recently, this seemed to have been to the British what the Lebanon war was to the Israeli (i.e. military victory while losing the public opinion all over the world).
bzzzzzzzzz.........i am also very interested
bzzzzzzzzzz......i have free membership to libarary too.....bzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzz......such a nice place.............bzzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzz......but books to heavy to read.................bzzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......so can i sit on your shoulder?.................bzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......we can read together....................bzzzzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......i am very fast reader............bzzzzzzzzzzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......top of my class.................bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

Mr-Fly wrote:
puk wrote:
bzzzzzzzzz........
bzzzzzzzzzzz........war is bad...many many flies die...sad sad...bzzzzzzzzzz

YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY

Plus you're stupid. Flies prosper in war, so many dead bodies to chill in.
Alez from romania
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming