· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
119 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - mirrors edge?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> mirrors edge? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
mirrors edge?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

any1 got to play it? how is it? a review is needed
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

My review.....

NVIDIA POS.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Banned

i assume you got to play it
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

NO FUCKO
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Banned

NO FUCKO BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO DICKO
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I heard mixed to negative reviews

It's like a 6.5/10 u made out with at the club b/c you were drunk, when on a good day you set the cut off mark at 8/10. That's the range we're talking about here
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Suislide have reviewed 3 games in less than 6 days, fucking unbelievable.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:

While 'working on' the 2007 and 2008 GOTY awards, mind you! headbang.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:

Ya it's amazing how people *cough Berzerker* bitch and moan about how he doesn't post reviews, but then when he comes out with half a dozen, no one praises him...Consider this my praise.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Ya it's amazing how people *cough Berzerker* bitch and moan about how he doesn't post reviews, but then when he comes out with half a dozen, no one praises him...Consider this my praise.

icon_scratch.gif AFAIK I have never complained about the quantity of the reviews or their timeliness (other than the GOTY awards, but I assume you agree that these are fairly late).

IIRC I only complained about not reviewing GTA4 and L4D, i.e. major titles. No one really cares about Dark Sector and Stormrise (but it is good to have reviews here anyway if you accidentally run into them).
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'd like to post some reviews, but I just don't play games anymore b/c of everything Kasrkin Pointed out

-Clunky movement
-Extremely difficult to manually aim
-Auto aim
-Regenerating life
-Auto sticking to walls like a limpet for cover
-Oversized objects
-One shot in the face is the same as a shot in a toe
-Puzzles difficulty reduced to retarded level
-Flashy and brightful warnings to highlight interactive elements
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
IIRC I only complained about not reviewing GTA4 and L4D

Finally the L4D review is out. Lots of love1.gif to Suislide!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

2 moar reviews, UNSTOPPABLE!

puk wrote:
I'd like to post some reviews, but I just don't play games anymore b/c of everything Kasrkin Pointed out

-Clunky movement
-Extremely difficult to manually aim
-Auto aim
-Regenerating life
-Auto sticking to walls like a limpet for cover
-Oversized objects
-One shot in the face is the same as a shot in a toe
-Puzzles difficulty reduced to retarded level
-Flashy and brightful warnings to highlight interactive elements

And that's about FPS, RTS and other genres are consolized too (Red Alert 3 style).
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:53 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:
...And that's about FPS, RTS and other genres are consolized too (Red Alert 3 style).

I hate it so much, b/c it is overwhelmingly a bad thing to do. Like the context sensitive moments in FEAR 2. So pointless.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I've played Mirror's Edge just now and I've realized I got glaucoma or eye's cancer because I SEE 2 FUCKING BLACK LINES UP AND DOWN.

I don't like the gore torture theme but I WOULD FUCKING RIP OFF WITH A CHAINSAW THE LIMBS OF THE MOTHERFUCKER WHO FORCED THE FUCKING "WIDESCREEN" FORMAT AS A FUCKING STANDARD. It wasn't enough with forcing it in every film that they now fucking FORCE IT IN VIDEOGAMES.

I'M NOT A FUCKING FISH WITH 2500x900 VISION and personally I HATE WIDESCREEN.

Stupid console port, it runs like shit too (it's so unoptimized that aparently it calculates decimals of Pi number using 90% of CPU while playing the game).
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote
Banned

Kasrkin wrote:
that aparently it calculates decimals of Pi number using 90% of CPU while playing the game).
are you a overclocker?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:
It wasn't enough with forcing it in every film that they now fucking FORCE IT IN VIDEOGAMES.

I'M NOT A FUCKING FISH WITH 2500x900 VISION and personally I HATE WIDESCREEN.

ROFLOL

Ya I'm not a huge fan of uber-wide screen

I have a copy of Unforgiven, and the dimensions are 853x362. It's as if the original 'widescreen' version got lost or corrupted, so they took the subtitled version, and just blacked out a significant portion of the bottom of the footage.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Kasrkin wrote:

Stupid console port, it runs like shit too (it's so unoptimized that aparently it calculates decimals of Pi number using 90% of CPU while playing the game).

I sometimes wonder why ports are so shitty. Are they calling:

while True
fork()

or do they just sporadically insert malloc() all over the place.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
Kasrkin wrote:
that aparently it calculates decimals of Pi number using 90% of CPU while playing the game).
are you a overclocker?

Yeah, still I have an AMD X2 4200+, stock speed 2200 MHz overclockable at least 2600 MHz at safe voltage. That CPU and 2 Gb RAM DDR1 and I laugh my ass off the newbies who buy today the last Dell and HP with Core24Duo and RAM DDR9 and can't even run fucking Sims 2 without lags. I had a single core AMD 64 2000 Mhz until December 2007.

The only game that I had trouble playing at 1600x1200 (as I've stated before, I don't like more than 4:3) max graphics settings except 8x AA instead of 16x (I can't see the difference between both) and DX9 (I hate Vista) is Crysis and Warhead, they really need CPU power and not only graphic card power. It's obvious that the consolization have virtually stopped the graphic (and non graphic) development of videogaming technology and you can be happy with 4-5 years old hardware.

I could spend more money (and I used to) in hardware but I hate to buy something knowing that the next week it will cost $50 less and the next $150 and so on. The electronic market isn't anything but a money leecher (it shouldn't, but it's designed that way thanks to the jewish engineers aka economists) focused and pointed in a forced and artificial ethernal cycle of new-overlyexpensive/obsolet-dirtycheap rather than durable and technically priced goods.

puk wrote:
I have a copy of Unforgiven, and the dimensions are 853x362. It's as if the original 'widescreen' version got lost or corrupted, so they took the subtitled version, and just blacked out a significant portion of the bottom of the footage.

Sadly that isn't an error, since 50s movies are filmed at 2.35 ratio (REALLY fucking widescreen) using a lens gimmick because theaters were losing the battle against the TV (movies and TV used the same 4:3 ratio) and the movie industry invented that trick to fuck up the TV display of their films (2.35 to 1.33) to force people into watching them on the theater. Later movie versions in the 60s even didn't use the lens and in the showing only placed a black mask, up and down, to give the impression of "widescreen".

http://www.dvdcreation.com/2001/01_jan/features/widescreen_scam.htm

In the end this game was running so slow because I set it 1600x1200 and the game was forcing a fucking recompresion to make it 16:9, probably using a code written by a drunken and child molester indian. I set 1280x768 which is near 16:9 (still some black lines though) and I can set it VERY HIGH-MORE-REAL-THAN-REALITY graphic settings without a single slight lag and without using a PhsyXhit compatible card.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Banned

Kasrkin wrote:
Yeah, still I have an AMD X2 4200+, stock speed 2200 MHz overclockable at least 2600 MHz at safe voltage. That CPU and 2 Gb RAM DDR1 and I laugh my ass off the newbies who buy today the last Dell and HP with Core24Duo and RAM DDR9 and can't even run fucking Sims 2 without lags. I had a single core AMD 64 2000 Mhz until December 2007.

The only game that I had trouble playing at 1600x1200 (as I've stated before, I don't like more than 4:3) max graphics settings except 8x AA instead of 16x (I can't see the difference between both) and DX9 (I hate Vista) is Crysis and Warhead, they really need CPU power and not only graphic card power. It's obvious that the consolization have virtually stopped the graphic (and non graphic) development of videogaming technology and you can be happy with 4-5 years old hardware.
mine is 3.4years old. it is an amd x2 4800+ @2.4ghz. i have a ut lanparty nf4 sli dr expert mobo. which means i still use ddr ram. i have 2 sets 2x2 4gb and 2x1 2gb. with the 2gb i get 1T timing!! your right crysis and crysis warhead where not very playable, but i did enjoy those games.

Kasrkin wrote:
I could spend more money (and I used to) in hardware but I hate to buy something knowing that the next week it will cost $50 less and the next $150 and so on. The electronic market isn't anything but a money leecher (it shouldn't, but it's designed that way thanks to the jewish engineers aka economists) focused and pointed in a forced and artificial ethernal cycle of new-overlyexpensive/obsolet-dirtycheap rather than durable and technically priced goods.
for games at the moment, you just need to get a faster gfx card, because cpu will not make a huge difference for another year or so.

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck