· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
177 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Funniest game moments
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Funniest game moments
Funniest game moments
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:08 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Anyone remember the funniest game moments he encountered in a game? I tend to forget them fairly quickly (I would have to think hard to remember more than 1 funny moment in No One Lives Forever, for example, whereas it contained hundreds of funny moments), but some I keep remembering for years.

If I look at the funniest game moments I remember, they seem to have one thing in common: the fun is there on moments you least expect it (e.g. at the end of a long serious conversation).

My funniest moment was in The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time (an old FMV adventure, a rather enjoyable but certainly not an impressive game). You had to climb a ladder to get into a castle tower under siege. So you looked up, but if you hesitated a bit too long before commencing the climb, you got killed because the guys on top of the tower dropped a cow on you head. The sight of this cow being hurled towards you is hilaric. Unfortunately it seems no one bothered to post a video of this on youtube (and I do not have the game any more so I cannot do so myself), but this was definitely a ROFLMAO-moment.

Also very funny was in Outcast, the discussion with Zeo af the Well of Essence, IIRC. It's a long and serious conversation about the relationship between the genders in the Talan world with one really surprising twist. Spelling it out here would strip it of its fun, so I won't, but suffice it to say I fell off my chair laughing.

Last funny moment I remember is in System Shock 2. All cargo bays had 2 cargo elevators. In one of the bays however one elevator was broken (it was stuck at the top with an 'under repair' sign). Once you had used the other elevator to get there, you noticed some ammo lying on the far end of the broken elevator. Ammo is really scarce in SS2, so picking it up was really tempting. While getting it, however, the cargo elevator comes crashing down, seriously damaging your health. This is a bit cheesy, but somehow I still remember this bit and at the time I thought it was very funny.

I am not sure why I took the trouble of typing all this however. icon_albino.gif
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote
generalPugwash
Tard
Tard

You should play Sam & Max. It's full of funny comments and moments.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

You should play clayman
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
You should play clayman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clayman

I might play this album once, but I am no big fan of In Flames (lost sight of them after their first album, which was not too bad). I like my music a bit heavier.

What does this have to do with funny games BTW? tongue1.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Smart ass

Clay man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Clay man

Well, how was I supposed to find a game called Neverhood based on your suggestion to play "Clayman"? icon_cyclops_ani.gif

However that may be, this may be an interesting game after all judging by this review: http://www.fourfatchicks.com/Reviews/Neverhood/Neverhood.shtml. The art style seems nice, Wallace & Gromit-like.

Have you actually played it?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Sorry bro. My bad

Ya I played it a long time ago, it was a lot like the original Myst where you move through slides. It was clay animation though, kinda like the Nightmare Before Christmas.

It was a fun game, and the story was awesome. The graphics must suck by todays standards
Re: Funniest game moments
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Also very funny was in Outcast, the discussion with Zeo af the Well of Essence, IIRC. It's a long and serious conversation about the relationship between the genders in the Talan world with one really surprising twist. Spelling it out here would strip it of its fun, so I won't, but suffice it to say I fell off my chair laughing.

Found it on Youtube: it is the conversation from 5.00 minutes. It is funnier if you have done the many conversations that preceed it in the game, but it is funny in its own right.

Last edited by berzerker on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
My funniest moment was in The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time (an old FMV adventure, a rather enjoyable but certainly not an impressive game). You had to climb a ladder to get into a castle tower under siege. So you looked up, but if you hesitated a bit too long before commencing the climb, you got killed because the guys on top of the tower dropped a cow on you head. The sight of this cow being hurled towards you is hilaric. Unfortunately it seems no one bothered to post a video of this on youtube

Found it now: here (just watch, it'll happen within the first few minutes). It's not the best shot (the guy has to load a save game to show it in the walkthrough) but it'll have to do.

And it wasn't a ladder, as I wrote, but a rope, man am I getting old.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

berzerker wrote:
Ammo is really scarce in SS2, so picking it up was really tempting. While getting it, however, the cargo elevator comes crashing down, seriously damaging your health.

You should've used telekinesis. Since there is a lightsaber in the game too you can play as a comlete jedi!

There was some funny moments in gameing and yeah I too forgot the most of it..
But I remember playing Zork Inquisitor (awesome game filled with brilliant ideas and humor). As usual it's got some puzzles to challenge the mind and one of it sure put the player to the edge. It was like this: you finally see one of the desired artifact before you, but it's locked in a case and you need to solve a chess puzzle to open it. But no ordinary one.. the table is 6 sided and there is THREE of it. After long hours it still seemed impossible to finish it, and soon it's got even worse than before since you knew you've tried everything that came to mind and now you're left clueless. With the slow passing of time I felt more and more hopeless and bored so I finally gave up and checked it in a walkthrough..
And the solution was simple and damn reliefing: get your sword out from your inventory and just bash the whole thing to shit. Thereby you can comfortably grab the "Skull of Infinite Wisdom" or something like that.

Oh and Neverhood was one of the best. LOTS of fun in just every screen, and awesomely weird music (you must check some of the stations in the radio when you find it).
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
berzerker wrote:
Ammo is really scarce in SS2, so picking it up was really tempting. While getting it, however, the cargo elevator comes crashing down, seriously damaging your health.

You should've used telekinesis.

It was easy to circumvent (after reloading I briefly stepped on the elevator platform and jumped back immediately, causing the platform to crash down without me, so I could pick up the ammo easily on the ground floor later), but that was not the point.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
GaMeRuInEr
Tard
Tard

I'd have to say in Modern Warfare 2 when Russia invades the United States and you're fighting through the suburbs and you get to this one house and then there's a Ruskie raiding the fridge in the kitchen.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

MGS2 when you play it a second time, and all the marines have no pants on.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I love the ad in Postal 2 which reads:
Quote:
HEY KIDS! YOUR PARENTS ARE GOING TO DIE!
MAKE SURE THEY'RE PREPARED WITH INSURANCE FROM
Fee Of America
icon_cheers.gif

Last edited by berzerker on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The cut-scene in this Postal 2 video is hilaric (this follows the confession). The captn will like this. Also the way the guys in the line react when you steal their place is funny as hell IMHO.

Last edited by berzerker on Sat May 01, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
I love the add in Postal 2 which reads:
Quote:
HEY KIDS! YOUR PARENTS ARE GOING TO DIE!
MAKE SURE THEY'RE PREPARED WITH INSURANCE FROM
Fee Of America
icon_cheers.gif
don't knw why but i thought of a mike moore documentary.LOL.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I continued with Postal 2 after a very long time and came at a section in a Napalm factory which was on fire, so not a very safe environment. I had to make a lot of jumps, each missed one is instantly fatal, so I needed to do them carefully. I hate to be required to repeat them after one fails, so I quicksaved often.

Then I heard the Postal dude tell me "my grandmother could beat this game if she saved as much as you do" LOL.

This game is great.
Funniest game moments
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck