· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
76 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Piracy
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Piracy Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Piracy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I remember reading here once that Suislide buys all games he reviews here. I also buy all games I play (second hand mostly BTW), with the obvious exception of web based flash games.

Pirates icon_pirat.gif in our midst, raise your hand icon_salut.gif

No this honestly is no pirates honey trap with IP logger evil7.gif
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I always buy my games b/c downloading them is a bit of a hassle.

Can you crack games these days now that they've got securom thingy?

I support the gaming industry cuz they need the money. I don't, however, support the movie or music industry cuz they're so filthy stinking rich
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I buy all my music too (these are usually not on major labels, and I do not think the labels will get stinking rich from death / black metal anyway) and could not care less about movies so no need to buy or download these. The only DVD I ever bought is a Wallace & Gromit compilation, and the rest I might watch once on TV (provided I am really bored or the wife insists).
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

i buy them, but only if they are $25 or below. otherwise i have better things to do to keep me occupied.

btw its the labels that are stinking rich, not the musicians. we spend much much more on instruments that will never be repaid back by $2/track purchase. wrt, movies i will leave it to your good judgment how to deal with the situation :D
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:59 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

I download all my games. I think that games are cheaper now in Romania, but if I'd pay money for 3 games/month for example I'd still be paying about 1/3 of my sister's wage. You can see that it's difficult to buy games in Romania, but even with piracy, game producers are rich enough. I'm not emptying my pockets as though they were almost out of business, they're actually very profitable companies.

The only method of reducing piracy is reducing the cost of games/music/software. Who in their right minds would pay 2.000 $ for Photoshop for example? And then 1.000$ for Dreamweaver, Illustrator... no one. That's why Ps piracy is at 60%.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quote
Banned

so your illegally downloading pirated games ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
so your illegally downloading pirated games ?

Is there some legal way to download pirated games that I'm unaware of?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Is there something wrong again? First I need to get worry free about money and then maybe I'll pay for legit games. Until then I'll make savings. Now I'm in blasted high-school so I don't have a job.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
I download all my games. I think that games are cheaper now in Romania, but if I'd pay money for 3 games/month for example I'd still be paying about 1/3 of my sister's wage. You can see that it's difficult to buy games in Romania, but even with piracy, game producers are rich enough. I'm not emptying my pockets as though they were almost out of business, they're actually very profitable companies.

Then how can you possibly afford a PC that can run recent games?

Quote:
The only method of reducing piracy is reducing the cost of games/music/software. Who in their right minds would pay 2.000 $ for Photoshop for example? And then 1.000$ for Dreamweaver, Illustrator... no one. That's why Ps piracy is at 60%.

I do not know any of these games, they must be very good if they sell for such prices. tongue1.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

berzerker wrote:
mihai_alexandru73 wrote:

Then how can you possibly afford a PC game that can run recent games?

Quote:

I do not know any of these games, they must be very good if they sell for such prices. tongue1.gif

That is yet reason why I download games *illegally*. If I spend money on games, then I won't be able to spend money on a new PC. PCs are also damn expensive... I usually upgrade/buy a new PC every 4-5 years.

And those are not games... those are software and they're popular but only cracked...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Is there something wrong again? First I need to get worry free about money and then maybe I'll pay for legit games. Until then I'll make savings. Now I'm in blasted high-school so I don't have a job.
if you cant afford to buy it, dont play it. goto the library and read some exciting books on quantum electrodynamics
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quote
Banned

every one has an good excuse to get pirated stuff and its simply pathetic. this is rampant esp in china, india, romania, africa and other 3rd world countries.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

As long as there are people like you that do pay money for games then it's a fair balance I guess...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
As long as there are people like you that do pay money for games then it's a fair balance I guess...
yeah thats why Romania is a fucked up place because of fair people like yourself
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Other countries are same fuck-o.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Other countries are same fuck-o.
no they are not, Romania is the shittiest place with the best idiots in the world. Romania is good for one thing. that is for prostituting, good for your mom mihai
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

If other countries were truly great then there wouldn't exist contrasting countries like Romania. Other countries are the same but maybe at a different level, but it's basically the same.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

If you want to make a good argument in favor of piracy, then simply point out that these massive corporations are totalitarian structures.

I'm not a big fan of capitalism anyways. Private vices lead to yet tighter private vices, and so games are getting more and more expensive to make every year...it's not my fault the market is making games more expensive every year, yet shorter and shorter...I don't see why it should be my problem then
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
If other countries were truly great then there wouldn't exist contrasting countries like Romania. Other countries are the same but maybe at a different level, but it's basically the same.
bs.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Banned

puk wrote:
If you want to make a good argument in favor of piracy, then simply point out that these massive corporations are totalitarian structures.

I'm not a big fan of capitalism anyways. Private vices lead to yet tighter private vices, and so games are getting more and more expensive to make every year...it's not my fault the market is making games more expensive every year, yet shorter and shorter...I don't see why it should be my problem then
i 100% agree about games being overpriced and i dont like it one bit. so I DONT buy those games. I practice total iron clad self control. if and only if the price comes near $20, i take the plunge. meanwhile there are several other activities to get busy with.

the motive behind piracy is stealing software, these people dont see if your a evil game company or a small hardworking corp. they crack the software because they want to and they like to causing trouble and pain to honest developers!!

the alternative to capitalism is communism or terrorism
Piracy
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck