· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
135 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Piracy
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Piracy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
If other countries were truly great then there wouldn't exist contrasting countries like Romania. Other countries are the same but maybe at a different level, but it's basically the same.
bs.gif

I wouldn't have expected more of you Pugwash, but let's better not talk about politics in here. Talking about whores is puk's business. bom.gif
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

i 100% agree about games being overpriced and i dont like it one bit. so I DONT buy those games. I practice total iron clad self control. if and only if the price comes near $20, i take the plunge. meanwhile there are several other activities to get busy with.

OK, then what is your opinion on Dead Space based on? Is this game already available for $20?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
If other countries were truly great then there wouldn't exist contrasting countries like Romania. Other countries are the same but maybe at a different level, but it's basically the same.
bs.gif

I wouldn't have expected more of you Pugwash, but let's better not talk about politics in here. Talking about whores is puk's business. bom.gif
are you drunk ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I used to pirate games, but because of the need for patches etc, I just buy them, some full price, but most discounted.
As for movies, I do both....I also make a point to buy action movies so I can watch it on my plasma.
Re: Piracy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
M0nKeY
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

berzerker wrote:
No this honestly is no pirates honey trap with IP logger evil7.gif

I know its a joke, but...

VGS would not disclose any personally identifiable information to any law enforcement agency without a valid court order.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Well we complain that society sucks and that's true... but we have games, movies, music, books and software for free on the web "thanks" to piracy....

How long do you think this will last, I mean why doesn't the police never interfere? You can talk about pirated games next to a police officer in a bus for example. icon_blackeye.gif How is it possible that piracy is so high?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:39 am Reply with quote
generalPugwash
Tard
Tard

M0nKeY wrote:
VGS would not disclose any personally identifiable information to any law enforcement agency without a valid court order.

Here you have your court order:

Would you now hand over all information you have on the subject with the nickname captnPugwash_halabalobale. He looks like this glasses11.gif and dresses like this love1.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Well we complain that society sucks and that's true... but we have games, movies, music, books and software for free on the web "thanks" to piracy....

If you happened to live in Somalia, you could take anything you want for free too (as long have you have superior fire arms), thanks to the collapse of civil society there. Then the outcome might suit you, but this would clearly be at the expense of others.

Quote:
How long do you think this will last, I mean why doesn't the police never interfere?

Piracy is mainly a matter of civil law rather than criminal law, so in the first place it is up to the owners of the intellectual property to come after you. It is hard to do so because the amounts involved in each individual case are too low to warrant action.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
Banned

berzerker wrote:
i 100% agree about games being overpriced and i dont like it one bit. so I DONT buy those games. I practice total iron clad self control. if and only if the price comes near $20, i take the plunge. meanwhile there are several other activities to get busy with.

OK, then what is your opinion on Dead Space based on? Is this game already available for $20?
not in the us , but you can get it from ebay if you know your way thru there. i got crysis from ebay for $22. i purchased dead space, crysis warhead, cod4, mass effect for $20 each on my trip to asia from an uptown store. yes its legal.

Last edited by captnPugwash_halabalobale on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote
Banned

generalPugwash wrote:
M0nKeY wrote:

Would you now hand over all information you have on the subject with the nickname captnPugwash_halabalobale. He looks like this glasses11.gif and dresses like this love1.gif
which one of you clowns is that? pogma or wimpy?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

If by "wimpy" you mean me then it wasn't me Pugtrash. I know who it is but I won't tell a sad low-life like you. glasses11.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
If by "wimpy" you mean me then it wasn't me Pugtrash. I know who it is but I won't tell a sad low-life like you. glasses11.gif
sign10.gif your a wimpy baby. you will not tell me, hmmmm....what will i do? i am hi stakes baby, hi hi really hi. i am the masta icon_farao.gif , your the tiny grasshoppa blob10.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

You fail once again to suck my cock.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
You fail once again to suck my cock.
and again you must be talking to your mom sign7.gif (DISHH!!)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

What do you mean with your dish exclamation, oh keeper of knowledge?

Do you mean...

A clever observation used as an insult. A burn. Derived from the idea that the person doing the insulting is serving up a fresh plate of wit on your ignorant self. Providing much-needed intellectual sustenance for someone who is logically malnourished.
"That guy thinks he's the beard master but he looks like he's got pubes on his face"

"DISH!" ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
"DISH!" ?
DISH! toothy12.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
generalPugwash
Tard
Tard

generalPugwash wrote:

munky2.gif, I forgot to add that the above smiley cannot be selected on this forum: if you select the same smiley here you get evil3.gif. I now had to get it elsewhere on the web.

It seems 2 smileys were given the same name so selecting either of these will always give you the first.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
I used to pirate games, but because of the need for patches etc, I just buy them, some full price, but most discounted.

BTW do you buy uncensored versions abroad or are you put up with the silly censored Australian editions?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

I wonder how "American-Dad-model-citizens" can feel better attacking people that pirate games, music or movies, but then dress Nike, buy in Wal Mart and other corporations who enslave children in Third World, doesn't fucking care about anything but money and piss off in every kind of laws, regulations or similar.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Everyone is a hypocrite in some way I guess.

Most people are nowadays pretty highly educated (on a historic scale that is), so they tend to question rules and regulations. Why stick to this particular rule in this situation in which it strictly speaking applies but where it actually makes no direct sense? You run into this kind of situations all the time and this degrades the idea that rules are there to be abided by in general.

Or maybe I am being too philosophical and people simply do not care about any rule once it is beneficial to them to break it unless there is an immediate penalty.

A related question that crossed my mind some time ago: how many men would rape if they had certainty they would get away with it? And would there be a difference between married men / men with relations / other men?
Piracy
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck