· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
82 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Bioshock: Pretty Average
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Bioshock: Pretty Average
Bioshock: Pretty Average
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

I think i'll be putting a review up for Bioshock later. Anyways, it's pretty dissapointing when compared to System Shock 2, though okay compared to other FPS games.

The biggest problems seem to be the idiotification of most of the gameplay - for most of the game, you're basically led by the nose (unlike SS/SS2), you have no real inventory(unlike SS/SS2), you don't really need to make any major decisions to your character progression (unlike SS/SS2), and the enemy AI is pretty crapful.

Most annoyingly, the stealth/survivalist elements of SS2 have been removed, as even on the hardest difficulty the game pretty much buried you under medical kits and eve hypos; also, you can't avoid enemies in a stealthy manner due to the aforementioned nose-leading.

Furthermore, the Art Deco atmosphere doesn't work when it's constantly buried in darkness. Art Deco styling was never exactly something you'd use in low-light, shadowy places anyway; the high contrast, metallic look of most Art Deco design looks very ugly with poor lighting.

The game's also polluted with lameass political correctness, such as not being able to kill the Gatherers. You're actually told that they're not human anymore, so why the hell aren't you allowed to bash them in the face with a pipe wrench?

Overall, if you haven't played good games before, Bioshock's a good game, otherwise it seems to me it's far more average than the retarded reviewers (most of which probably have never actually played SS2 to begin with) seem to think. Burlap.
View users profile Send private message
BioShock activation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

And it has an online activation and allows only two installs. You seem to be getting an 'install back' on uninstalling the game, so you are screwed if you get a crash (or windows reinstall) before you have uninstalled the game. Even the Steam version has this limitation.

This could add the depth the game itself seems to be missing however.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Well you probably wont like my review then
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:26 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

You have stolen my game for reviewing yet again!

...Wait, I don't care. Hrm, this is awkward.

Eitherway, the game keeps crashing at the point I'm at so I can't really write a review yet anyway, given that I only review games that I finish. Burlap.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quote
M0nKeY
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

You can still post one I don't think there's anything wrong with having 2 separate reviews of the same game. There is no conflicting with having an article with the exact same name either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

M0nKeY wrote:
You can still post one I don't think there's anything wrong with having 2 separate reviews of the same game. There is no conflicting with having an article with the exact same name either.

Yeah but thats gay
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
M0nKeY
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Why?

Combining multiple reviews into one long ass article is worse.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

I have just tried this game and it's still too much consolized for me, but comparing to the big shit ports usually are, this could be a fucking master piece.

Anyway I can't put up with console FPS gameplay (something between Quake 2 and Return to Castle Wolfestein) and huge graphic scale (objects the size of my penis so 11 years old kids on his XBOX360 could see them from an armchair).

The cheap HDR all fucking XBOX360 games have is annoying too.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

I just played the original System Shock 1 (Pre-doom with a nearly quake-level, or at least descent-level, engine. Holy fuck?) yesterday. Compared to Bioshock, the detail is fucking insane, the atmopshere far better, art direction more constant and gameplay far more deep. Plot was also infinitely better directed and free of holes, while voice acting was top notch.

Not to mention the inclusion of a proper inventory and reactive gameworld.

And it's only about FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS OLD. So much for games getting more detailed as time goes on, anyway.

(Interesting, the reason I brought a top-of-the-line core2 quad was so I could play DosBox games properly. Hurf.)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
Johnny
Flame Me
Flame Me

The reason you can't kill gatheres story wise is because they are nearly indestructable due to thier regeneration abilities.

The reason game wise has nothing to do with political correctness. It's because in order to take the ADAM from the gatherer you first need to kill the "big daddy" guarding it. If the gatherer could take damage then you would be unable to use explosives or other high power attacks against the Big daddys for fear of accidentaly killing the gatherer and losing out on the ADAM.

And taking out a big daddy especialy the bouncer class can be hard enough of it's own when it comes to higher difficulties without having to worry about collateral damage.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:04 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

kid came to my house asking for a free copy of bioshock. i smiled and sprayed my diahorea poo all over his face and he was shocked indeed! wondering if that what the games about?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
GaMeRuInEr
Tard
Tard

big rigs is better
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
Johnny
Flame Me
Flame Me

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
kid came to my house asking for a free copy of bioshock. i smiled and sprayed my diahorea poo all over his face and he was shocked indeed! wondering if that what the games about?

I'm sure that joke seemed alot funnier in your head than it was in reality.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quote
Banned

Johnny wrote:

johnny johnny
>yes papa
eating sugar?
> no papa
telling lies?
> no papa
open your mouth
=PLOP=
ha ha ha
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
GaMeRuInEr
Tard
Tard

Johnny wrote:

johnny johnny
>yes papa
eating sugar?
> no papa
telling lies?
> no papa
open your mouth
=PLOP=
ha ha ha

he did it for the lulz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:38 am Reply with quote
D
Troll
Troll

Johnny wrote:
The reason you can't kill gatheres story wise is because they are nearly indestructable due to thier regeneration abilities.

The reason game wise has nothing to do with political correctness. It's because in order to take the ADAM from the gatherer you first need to kill the "big daddy" guarding it. If the gatherer could take damage then you would be unable to use explosives or other high power attacks against the Big daddys for fear of accidentaly killing the gatherer and losing out on the ADAM.

And taking out a big daddy especialy the bouncer class can be hard enough of it's own when it comes to higher difficulties without having to worry about collateral damage.

Point and You don't have a close relationship sir
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quote
Banned

i did it for the nursry-rhymes and the poor kids
Bioshock: Pretty Average
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck