· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
162 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Fallout 4 Review of sorts
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Fallout 4 Review of sorts Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Fallout 4 Review of sorts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

EDITED early impressions after 12 hours of gameplay:

I still love Fallout and the atmosphere, music, and general heart of the game is there. However, the dialogue wheel so far has proven to ruin the role-playing for me. The gunplay and first-person shooter aspects are thoroughly, vastly improved. But they may have taken the RPG out of the game too much for me. Hopefully as I play more it improves in this regard.

Is it worth a buy? Probably. It runs well enough on my PC. Do you need a controller? Yes.

The game is being destroyed right now on metacritic and I agree with some of the concerns. I hope there is better dialogue choices as the game goes on because dialogue is what made Fallout for me. Outside of that, everything seems relatively great.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hmm, yeah, I'm only 3hrs in, so let's give it another 10hrs at least....it should get much better, but I think we might have to accept that F03 was a flawed masterpiece.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
burningdickman
Troll++
Troll++

They even fucked up on the mouse and keyboard-side of things? Holy shit, this is getting even better.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
Hmm, yeah, I'm only 3hrs in, so let's give it another 10hrs at least....it should get much better, but I think we might have to accept that F03 was a flawed masterpiece.
you mean New Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
burningdickman
Troll++
Troll++

Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
you mean New Vegas

That would imply he's a functioning human being, and not an advanced autistic cunt with no taste whatsoever.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I prefer F03, as it has far superior atmosphere and better humour.
5 or so hrs in to F04 and I'm not feeling it....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

NO, you don't need a controller, not at all....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Yea so I haven't done much main quest at all but so far this is shaping up like borderlands and dead island with the characters having almost ZERO dialogue and just generic "go here, kill this, get this" quests with no character interaction before, during, or after.

I am really let down by this thus far, but I expected it after seeing how dumbed down Skyrim was. This is NOT an RPG as far as I can tell. This is like Far Cry.

If they had better dialogue and had written more character interaction, this would probably be 10/10. But instead it's just really dumb with no dialogue options.

Going to try to keep going in the hopes it gets better, but if not this is pretty much as bad as Dragon Age 2, which is funny because that game also ruined its franchise with a voiced protagonist and dialogue wheel.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Yup, that's it. I walked around an entire major town in the game and could hardly talk to anyone and even then I was limited to the stupid dialogue wheel. I can't ask anyone about the world around me, can't have a conversation. It's literally "here's your quest go here kill this come back for reward" outside of that you can't friggen talk to ANYONE.

I actually was worried this would happen after Skyrim but IT IS STILL FUXIN DISAPPOINTING MATE.

7/10 as of 19 hours in. Doesn't deserve the 0 scores, but dialogue wheel is stupid. Everything else about the game is greatly improved - it's a great shooter, gunplay very smooth and interesting weapon crafting. Will still play through it merely for my love of Fallout and hope the main quest doesn't suck balls.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

"Father I am Your Son"

POGMA DEFEND THIS SHIT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Gonna spend more time over the weekend with it....I didn't like NV the first time I played it, stopped after 12hrs.....so we should give F04 at least 15hrs.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

23 hours into Fallout 4 and it's official. They have confused Fallout with Borderlands and given us an FPS with no depth, dialogue, interaction, or variety. They confused MMORPG grinds with a singleplayer RPG that has depth and dialogue options. Voice acting is often CRINGEWORTHY and makes everything worse.

If it was Borderlands it would be an amazing achievement because that game had the depth of something that doesn't have depth. They got everything right and then said "FUCK THIS SHIT LETS REMOVE ALL DIALOG FROM FALLOUT!!!" idiots.

FINAL EDIT: I hereby decree Fallout 4 is a solid 7/10, the 7 points solely due to its good FPS characteristics and the minus 3 for shitting on everyone who knows what Fallout is.

And sadly, I'm going to keep playing this game and force myself to love it because I waited like half a decade for it.

Last edited by Fallout4 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fallout4 wrote:
23 hours into Fallout 4 and it's official. They have confused Fallout with Borderlands and given us an FPS with no depth, dialogue, interaction, or variety. They confused MMORPG grinds with a singleplayer RPG that has depth and dialogue options. Voice acting is often CRINGEWORTHY and makes everything worse.

If it was Borderlands it would be an amazing achievement because that game had the depth of something that doesn't have depth. They got everything right and then said "FUCK THIS SHIT LETS REMOVE ALL DIALOG FROM FALLOUT!!!" idiots.

I hereby decree Fallout 4 is a solid 4/10, the 4 points solely due to its good FPS characteristics and the minus 6 for shitting on everyone who knows what Fallout is.

And sadly, I'm going to keep playing this game because I waited like half a decade for it.

The story and ending is horrible,watched a friend play it through oh god I wasn't much of a FO fan but i pity the poepl hyped for this
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Dick_In_Your_Ass wrote:
Fallout4 wrote:

I hereby decree Fallout 4 is a solid 4/10, the 4 points solely due to its good FPS characteristics and the minus 6 for shitting on everyone who knows what Fallout is.

And sadly, I'm going to keep playing this game because I waited like half a decade for it.

The story and ending is horrible,watched a friend play it through oh god I wasn't much of a FO fan but i pity the poepl hyped for this

This is shaping up to be the Dragon Age 2 of Fallout games. The ONLY things keeping me interested are the fact that its Fallout, the world looks good (I think the graphics are acceptable), and the shooting is really good compared to the past. But the dialogue is gutted to the point of this being a voice-acted Borderlands.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:37 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'll be able to do a 12hr session tomorrow, so stay tuned for my thoughts. .
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

If you play this game like you play Borderlands it's a lot of fun. Just don't expect to play Fallout like we all knew and loved.

Last edited by Fallout4 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

It might get better.....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Pogma9 wrote:
It might get better.....

I have tremendously mixed feelings. I love just about everything except the dialogue system and voiced protagonist. The first is broken, limiting, and downright insulting and the second is terribly voiced-acted. All other aspects of this game were nothing below "good" for me. And when those radiation storms hit it feels like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which is great. I suppose i'm going to enjoy it and play it because it's Fallout and the exploration is still best in class, the crafting is actually not awful like on most games, and all other things are pretty much good ideas. But dat der dialogue system...:/

I still think it's worth a look. If this was a new IP/new game entirely then I would absolutely not hesitate with a 8 or 9/10. But this forced voiced actor and shitty dialogue and terrible writing totally breaks the amazing immersion I get when exploring.

Basically I like the game until I'm reminded that I'm not the guy in the world, instead i'm watching Bethesda's forced voice actor like in mass effect.

This guy on youtube did the most fair and honest review I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dejO6aiA7bs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The way I feel at this early point is that I might not want to replay, but that will depend on how things progress as I level up.

I agree the dialogue wheel sux though.....anyway, about to put in a few more hrs..
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:53 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Witcher 3 is obkectively the best mainstream RPG since the witcher 2 icon_farao.gif
Fallout 4 Review of sorts
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck