· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
180 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Pillars of Eternity
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of Eternity
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Just started it. After loving Wasteland 2 I can see that this is going to be good.

Obsidian seems to have taken all the risks in decision making that publishers never allow, such as going for intense dialogue and a visual design that is nothing like what we see today, coupled with a combat system that exposes all of the problems with combat in modern games - there is no "mash this button to attack automatically then roll out of the way" as in Witcher or Batman Arkham Knight. The combat, like its predecessors, demands a good deal of thought. It is beautiful and unique and requires a tremendous intellectual investment to read and behold. Too early to tell if its overall great but everyone is raving about it on the youtubes.

It feels like they spent weeks and months just perfecting the interface. It is THAT visually polished.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

""tremendous intellectual investment""

Why advertise here then? ahahahahahaa
View users profile Send private message
Re: Pillars of Eternity
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fallout4 wrote:
Just started it. After loving Wasteland 2 I can see that this is going to be good.

Obsidian seems to have taken all the risks in decision making that publishers never allow, such as going for intense dialogue and a visual design that is nothing like what we see today, coupled with a combat system that exposes all of the problems with combat in modern games - there is no "mash this button to attack automatically then roll out of the way" as in Witcher or Batman Arkham Knight. The combat, like its predecessors, demands a good deal of thought. It is beautiful and unique and requires a tremendous intellectual investment to read and behold. Too early to tell if its overall great but everyone is raving about it on the youtubes.

It feels like they spent weeks and months just perfecting the interface. It is THAT visually polished.

witcher 3 is goty

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck