· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
221 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Wasteland 2
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Got the beta access. Anyone else playing it?
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Got the beta access the other day and it seemed pretty fun so far. I'm worried though that it will be too short.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

I finally got into the finished product. It took me several hours just to complete the first level (the Agricultural Center). This is the closest thing to Fallout 2 we are likely to ever see considering how big publishers ruin games.

It's very good so far. The closest thing to a role-playing game in the last few years (even Elder Scrolls is compromised now into childish action game).

If you are able to enjoy incredibly slow-paced games for their storytelling and role-playing characteristics rather than fast-paced action, this game is for you.

But if you're afraid of creating a useless, gimped character, stay away lol.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

42 hours in. It's very slow and deliberate, unlike games like Wolfenstein The New Order and Call of Duty which are made to be played in day or two only.

I'm not even halfway done yet.

I don't understand the negative reviewers on metacritic. The game has enough content, humor, and detail for probably 100s of hours just for one playthrough. Definitely worth a buy because the amount of work clearly put into the game outweighs all the nitpicking that idiots are doing.

I highly doubt we will ever see a game like this again, except maybe the new Torment.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Wasteland 2 will be the best game we can hope in these times.
Bad reviews are there because it dared to be different than just another simplified hack & slash fallout fanfic, but it is made to be the game it's creators wanted to make since Fallout 2. Even popular review-sites are full of 20 years old writers now, who don't know shit about real games and scared shitless of having to play a character with average human abilities.
Do you prefer their word instead of trying te game for yourself? Trying the game that you know it's good because it's made by the last people carriying the disciples everybody forgot?
Hope not. And the idea of dont having an autowin-button but somewhat basic but progressive abilities instead is quite thrilling. You just have to be comfortable with what you got and learn to survive. You won't be able to make another 343424234th "one-shotting deathclaws" video after level 3, instead you feel the weight of the game world around you.
Or do you want to play yet another post-apocalyptic CoD with health regeneration... for now, just once, let's just leave that to 8 year olds.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

I just finished the game. 76 hours.

It is like the game is split into two halves, and it took about 20 hours to really get into the meat of the story and game, but boy was it worth it.

If you take the time with Wasteland 2 it gives back in spades. It has polished and unpolished characteristics, but it is easily 9/10 and I would say 10/10. Worth EVERY penny and I can't wait for Torment: Numenara now.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

JESUS, ARE THERE MANY EXPLOSIONS???
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

I know now what sucks with these games. If there were an apocaliptic event, the world would run out of bullets really fast. How can there be more firepower in Fallout 2 than in Fallout 1? Yeah, you can use the working desks and make your own bullets I guess but that deffinetly won't be everyone's habit in reality.
From then the best suited survivalist would rely on melee weapons and probably THROWING skill. Throwing everything he can. Slingshots would be popular as hell and bows would make a comeback. The latter is far superior in damage and precision but still need arrows which would be hard to come by. You would probably pick up your already shot arrows but still slingshots would be the bomb since you could use any stone as ammo.
From there, it's Survival / Outdoorsman skills above all and Melee / Hand to Hand.
And if you really manage to find some shotgun shells, you have to find a shotgun too... and if you manage to get both it would still be a boter to carry all those equipment for just 2-3 shots. Still if you would fire that sawed off shotgun to someone point blank it would not just end the fight but would kill the opponent outright doesn't even matter where you hit it.
Hope Mad Max game will be cool. Or if someone would be nice to make a game based on realistic way, salvaging and mainkg your own equipment but with a decent goal and story...
Wasteland 2
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck