· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
200 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - PS4 vs Xbone
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> PS4 vs Xbone Goto page 1, 2  Next
PS4 vs Xbone
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Unless I'm mistaken, PS4 is cheaper, has backwards compatibility and has a far more tolerate always on/off online scheme.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yes, there is a reason almost everyone votes for the XBO as the worst of the 2.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Plus free games and a removable harddrive. M$ needs to cut their bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

PS4 also gives you a HJ everytime you turn it on.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

FUCK REALLY I'M BUYING THAT SHIT DAY ONE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Sony gently let MS go shoot all their ammo then use his own cards accoringly to maximize effect, getting more emphasis on used game approval. They decided not to interfere too much with what's working good already. And he did the coup de grace with the price reduction on x-box. Now that the PS is cheaper than the X-box and not the other way around like it was before.
And the fact that we hear pretty crazy stuff about what the X-box will do. I mean that thing is monitoring you constantly, even in your sleep. It will recognise your face, if somebody else's in the room, and if that person did not pay for a content, the program or movie won't start. And you have to pay extra if you intend to play used games, you cannot rent any game to try it first. And you can't even scratch your balls and play dressed like donald duck anymore. The sheer fact that now your TV will watch you even more that you watch it is scary shit. Especially since MS signed the contract that it can provide infos for third parties who will use it to target you with adverts that fits you or monitor you as a potential terrorist.
Horray, I won't get that into my house even if they would pay for it, but it seems some people are even willing to give money to be able to pose for big brother.
The useless features are also nothing to be proud of. Yaaay now I can switch from playing to TV in a second, wow didn't we have that with Alt+Tab already since 489334545 BC.? Geez... it took them pretty fucking long ass time to make that happen in a console, wow so next gen, it's 2013 after all.

But home consoles are shit. Final Fantasies after IX became emo-turdfests, there's no reason to get a console for exclusive games either. PC hands down the best gaming device, with fully configurable, and moddable games (from Bethesda for example), capable of higher settings and a much wider selection of games plus better multiplayer. And seriously, who the fuck is able to properly play an FPS with fucking CONTROLLER? That's a joke.
If one needs something else get a handheld console. That is the only thing a PC cannot provide. GBA forever:)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

craterface wrote:
And seriously, who the fuck is able to properly play an FPS with fucking CONTROLLER? That's a joke.

The only games I have found that are superior with a controller are Assassin's Creed and third-person sports games.

Anything involving shooting is always better with a mouse and keyboard.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The only reason I give a damn about consoles this time round is for GT6/7, and "if" any of my PC games refuse to play ball, I can always get it on console with half decent GFX this time.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

REMEMBER FUCKHEADS, GFX DO MATTER, OF COURSE THERE'S MORE TO A GOOD GAME THAN JUST GFX, BUT FOR EXAMPLE FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WITHOUT HD TEXTURE PACK LOOKS LIKE FYA'S ASSFACE.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Pogma9 wrote:
REMEMBER FUCKHEADS, GFX DO MATTER, OF COURSE THERE'S MORE TO A GOOD GAME THAN JUST GFX, BUT FOR EXAMPLE FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WITHOUT HD TEXTURE PACK LOOKS LIKE FYA'S ASSFACE.

The only reason I haven't replayed New Vegas is because that engine looks like garbage. I found this guy explaining a lot of New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Skyrim Mods very nicely though:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E5E8CA384409B11
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fallout4 wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:

The only reason I haven't replayed New Vegas is because that engine looks like garbage. I found this guy explaining a lot of New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Skyrim Mods very nicely though:

True, but with 7gig HD texture pack, it's quite beautiful at times.
What GPU have you got?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Pogma9 wrote:
Fallout4 wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:

True, but with 7gig HD texture pack, it's quite beautiful at times.
What GPU have you got?

2GB nVidia GTX 670 stock (no OC)

What texture pack do you use? That youtube channel guy suggests installing NMC texture pack first and then installing Poco Bueno texture pack OVER that because Poco Bueno has fewer textures, so you can use both.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fallout4 wrote:

What texture pack do you use? That youtube channel guy suggests installing NMC texture pack first and then installing Poco Bueno texture pack OVER that because Poco Bueno has fewer textures, so you can use both.

670 would have heaps of grunt.
I used NMC's full 4gig uncompressed to 7gig, and nothing else.

FO3 is being a PITA on my new system, don't matter whether it's vanilla, GOTY or NMC, but Vegas runs like a champ.
FO3 was fine on my old system though.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Pogma9 wrote:
Fallout4 wrote:

670 would have heaps of grunt.
I used NMC's full 4gig uncompressed to 7gig, and nothing else.

FO3 is being a PITA on my new system, don't matter whether it's vanilla, GOTY or NMC, but Vegas runs like a champ.
FO3 was fine on my old system though.

Actually there is a mod for FNV that makes the program to be able to better indentify the videocards or something thus making the game run supersmooth on a C64. I'm dead serious, I tried it on my friends laptop and it's crazy. It was in some top 10 best mods article.
This makes me wonder if Bethesda programmed this in the vanilla version intentionally in hands with nvidia to sell more gfx cards.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

All I know is if you look at the crazy mods on that youtube page for skyrim, like the ENB mods, it looks insane. You need like 690 GTX MINIMUM to run it at 50+ FPS.

I'm currently playing Morrowind with MGSO (Morrowind Graphics and Sounds OVerhaul) and with all the textures, god rays, lighting, etc. it looks as good or better than even Skyrim in some places. Mods for Bethesda games are pretty well done, I've never seen a more dedicated group of nerds.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

I think there is a clear cut winner in this console war: People who don't use consoles, regardless of if they play videogames or not.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Remeber all those idiotic articles comparing the abilities of the upcoming next gen consoles to a pc usually resulting the latter as the loser?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Wow, so next gen...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, you could see PC button prompts on some of the games. As far as I know the PS4 games were running on a PS4 but regardless it will never be as powerful as a high end pc they would have to sell them at a huge loss if it did.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
dididothat
Flame Me
Flame Me

A video game that sucks will suck on both. Get over the console war and put the blame on the game where it belongs.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
AssSass
Flame Me
Flame Me

Fallout4 wrote:
craterface wrote:
And seriously, who the fuck is able to properly play an FPS with fucking CONTROLLER? That's a joke.

The only games I have found that are superior with a controller are Assassin's Creed and third-person sports games.

Anything involving shooting is always better with a mouse and keyboard.

I prefer to play with controller.
PS4 vs Xbone
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck