· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
129 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Bioshock Infinite PC talk.
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Bioshock Infinite PC talk. Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bioshock Infinite PC talk.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I think I'll be receiving this game thx to my purchase of a AMD 7950, but don't have it yet, however, it seems to be getting solid and consistent reviews.
I watched AUS Good Game and they were full of praise about both the technical and the gameplay side of it.

Anyone who buys this on console can STFU in advance.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, the console version is supposed to have a lot of muddy textures and be limited due to the number of buttons. Never played the 1st one because the internet spoiled the ending and twists for me. Will get this once i build a new PC whenever that is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
biko
Flame Me
Flame Me

Pogma9 wrote:
I think I'll be receiving this game thx to my purchase of a AMD 7950, but don't have it yet, however, it seems to be getting solid and consistent reviews.
I watched AUS Good Game and they were full of praise about both the technical and the gameplay side of it.

Anyone who buys this on console can STFU in advance.

ok story, good art, everything else from graphics to gameplay is or becomes boring shit. Also autoaim. On pc. Check your .ini file..

zachofat wrote:
Yeah, the console version is supposed to have a lot of muddy textures and be limited due to the number of buttons. Never played the 1st one because the internet spoiled the ending and twists for me. Will get this once i build a new PC whenever that is.

just like the pc port. Scripts are cool though, lol
Re: Bioshock Infinite PC talk.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

biko wrote:
Also autoaim. On pc. Check your .ini file..
l

I don't care that much about the quality of the shooting in this game, well just as long as it isn't horrible.
Steam just dled the fucker at 17gig.....gonna fire it up now.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:46 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

zachofat wrote:
Never played the 1st one because the internet spoiled the ending and twists for me. Will get this once i build a new PC whenever that is.

Pull YOUR FUCKEN FINGER OUT AND BUILD!!!!
Bioshock 1 is okay, but 2 is garbage, and that's why I'm surprised by the reviews of Infinite and also the obvious effort the devs have made.
Re: Bioshock Infinite PC talk.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
biko
Flame Me
Flame Me

Pogma9 wrote:
biko wrote:
Also autoaim. On pc. Check your .ini file..
l

I don't care that much about the quality of the shooting in this game, well just as long as it isn't horrible.
Steam just dled the fucker at 17gig.....gonna fire it up now.

i think it's all right then, shooting is fine
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I wouldn't rush out and buy this just yet.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I think I've been spoilt by great games like F03 and Skyrim.....
I just feel that these games have got it right in so many area's that it's hard to go back to a basic FPS that also happens to have dull shooting.

It also comes across as a constant set piece show that's interrupted by shooting every now and again.

There's something awesome about the leveling up process and the relative freedom that open world games allow for.

I'm only an hour in, but I have doubts whether this game will push my buttons.

I'm dling Crysis3 from "cunt" Origin and will also finish off watching "The Shadow Line" on bluray before I get back to Bioshock.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote
doctor_kaz
Flame Me
Flame Me

You don't need to be in a rush to play this game. It is this year's overrated payola special . Graphics are pretty badly outdated. Gameplay is just a rehash of Bioshock 1, but without hacking and with no atomsphere. Levels are closed in and linear as hell, with maybe a side path here or there. There's no map anymore either. Not a bad game but, as always, it has bought-and-paid-for 9/10 and 5/5 scores. Two years from now, everyone will realize how overrated it was.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
Bioshock 1 is okay, but 2 is garbage, and that's why I'm surprised by the reviews of Infinite and also the obvious effort the devs have made.

That's probably because 2 was made by another developer than 1 and Infinite, the latter 2 being made by Irrational, who also brought us System Shock 2, both Freedom Force games, Swat 4, Tribes Vengeance, and a few more, most of which were received quite favourably (except Tribes Vengeance on this site if memory serves).
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

I just got it and let me just say, Bioshock Infinite looks fucking insanely good. I have no fucking clue how they pulled this off with the unreal engine, but the levels look incredible (at least from what I saw until now). I'm not being sarcastic. The city feels alive, and the entire scene setup is just fucking incredible. This game just gave me a massive boner and I'm hoping I'm not going to get blueballs later on.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:54 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

cBox wrote:
I just got it and let me just say, Bioshock Infinite looks fucking insanely good. I have no fucking clue how they pulled this off with the unreal engine, but the levels look incredible (at least from what I saw until now). I'm not being sarcastic. The city feels alive, and the entire scene setup is just fucking incredible. This game just gave me a massive boner and I'm hoping I'm not going to get blueballs later on.

I think it's Unreal4, and it looks weird, especially compared to Crysis3 or FO3 with max texture pack.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

Sure purely graphic wise it might not be the most advanced game otu there but it's fucking gorgeous regardless. For example the cultist/religious temple you enter at the beginning with water, candles, smoke and petals and shit everywhere. The city is full of people too.

The AI is kinda lack luster though they just sprint at you like retards.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
doctor_kaz
Flame Me
Flame Me

Art direction is great, but technology sucks horribly. Textures and characters all look like utter shit up close, and it has the worst overuse of bloom since Syndicate. Game is below average in the graphics department, and I'm being kind saying that.

Field of view fucking sucks too, and it is autosave only.

Gameplay is the same as Bioshock except:

1. No map. Levels are linear corridors instead of sections of the city. There's no sense of location like there was in the first game.
2. No inventory, which means no crafting of stuff and no carrying of health packs, etc
3. No creepy atmosphere
4. No hacking

There aren't any gameplay additions or improvements to offset these, except for the skyhook thingy, which as I said, is just used in linear fashion at prescribed times.

Open areas are cool, but the scenery is basically just a skybox, since you can't explore it.

Hopefully, VGS will give this game the review that it deserves. Probably a 6 or a 7 out of 10.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

Stop trying to be edgy or stop playing it on a console. This game easily has some of the most beautiful level and art design I've seen in a game, and the technology is nowhere below average. I guess it's not as good as crysis or whatever though, with the incredible graphics and vastly diverse environments it offers. Like generic metal environments and generic jungle-city environments. As for the rest of your nonsense:

1. Get a better sense of direction. The first two games had environments that, if anything, looked more similar to each other than this one.

2. If you like something as inane and overdone as crafting, and an inventory always stocked with healthpacks, play fagspace 3.

3. And?

4. Oh no, no minigames. So this is a legitimate point you're trying to make? Go play some connect-4.

Btw, FOV can be adjusted in the options, you stooge icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
doctor_kaz
Flame Me
Flame Me

cBox wrote:
Stop trying to be edgy or stop playing it on a console. This game easily has some of the most beautiful level and art design I've seen in a game, and the technology is nowhere below average. I guess it's not as good as crysis or whatever though, with the incredible graphics and vastly diverse environments it offers. Like generic metal environments and generic jungle-city environments. As for the rest of your nonsense:

1. Get a better sense of direction. The first two games had environments that, if anything, looked more similar to each other than this one.

2. If you like something as inane and overdone as crafting, and an inventory always stocked with healthpacks, play fagspace 3.

3. And?

4. Oh no, no minigames. So this is a legitimate point you're trying to make? Go play some connect-4.

I'm neither being edgy nor playing it on a console. Speaking of consoles, I have over a dozen games on my PS3 that look better than this one. FOV is still pretty bad with the slider at max. It's not as bad as Dishonored or lots of other shitty console games, but it's bad.

I forgot to mention, this game has the shittiest looking, shittiest animated NPCs that I have seen in a long time. Lip syncing is non existent and some of them don't even more their lips when they talk. And they all look like they have a 1000W light bulb shining in their face because of all of the bloom.

Stop being a blind fanboy and see the game for what it is. A rehash of the first game, with gameplay elements stripped away and no graphical improvements in the five and a half years since the first game.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

doctor_kaz wrote:
cBox wrote:

3. And?

I'm neither being edgy nor playing it on a console. Speaking of consoles, I have over a dozen games on my PS3 that look better than this one. FOV is still pretty bad with the slider at max. It's not as bad as Dishonored or lots of other shitty console games, but it's bad.

I forgot to mention, this game has the shittiest looking, shittiest animated NPCs that I have seen in a long time. Lip syncing is non existent and some of them don't even more their lips when they talk. And they all look like they have a 1000W light bulb shining in their face because of all of the bloom.

Stop being a blind fanboy and see the game for what it is. A rehash of the first game, with gameplay elements stripped away and no graphical improvements in the five and a half years since the first game.

Yeah, I played the first hour on PS3, so I can't speak for PC but the animation for NPC's is terrible along with everything else you said. I have played console games that look much better (Uncharted) then this shit. The game is fun and i like the environments but it is ridiculously easy. From what I played so far I would probably give it a 7, I'll probably rent it sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

PS3...
laughing4.gif

Sell your PS3 and games and get a decent system then you cunts. I almost feel sorry for your asses.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Ive seen PC gameplay and the animation is still fucking awful, besides im too poor and i like the exclusives on PS3 so ill play them then sell it. As I said, I've seen numerous console games that look much better then this shit and doctor kaz was playing on PC apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

zachofat wrote:
Im too poor.

Ah, a console kiddie shooting off his mouth at proper PC gamers icon_pale.gif
Bioshock Infinite PC talk.
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck