· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
116 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

http://www.baldursgate.com/

So do you guys think this will be any good?

View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

I'll definitely be playing it, I'm just scared they're going to fuck it up and take all the retro-beauty out of it. But this looks more like they're trying to cash in some by releasing the same game, with not-as-shitty-graphics, on the iTunes store. I'm ok with that.
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
doctor_kaz
Flame Me
Flame Me

I default to the assumption that everything is going to be a shitty cash-in until I see evidence to the contrary.
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

The Baldur's Gate saga is one of (if not) the best game ever.
I don't have anything against re-releasing it since it can reach to more people this way. The whole system is well designed and just awesome.
I pray they don't change too much as it is perfect on it's own altough I do used a wide screen mod last time I played through BG2.
I got the BG 4 in 1 box set. Never played with any of the expansions (sadly Tales of the Sword Coast only runs on xp) but I will start another walkthrough some day just to see how it is to be with the good aligmented NPCs. The NPC's are the biggest strength of the game, they are so very detailed (a lot more than DA:O although that game was great too, but BG surpasses it in every way) and it's amazing when you feel as a part of the team and everybody say stuff all the way through. Brilliant voice acting and a lot of great ideas all around.
Edwin and Viconia are awesome. Jan Jansen is funny and basically everyone is good to have. Wonder how it'll be with Aerie this time... I like her voice but I heard that she's a bit annoying. We'll see.

And it's just so amazing to know that I still have Throne of Bhaal before me. Another long chapter that is unknown to me and is waiting to be discovered along with the party I love. Yaaay!
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

So far this looks shit.

First of all, we haven't seen ANYTHING of the game besides someone playing it and it looks NO DIFFERENT than BG with the Widescreen mod installed.

Unless they update the paperdolls and get much higher resolutions images of the backgrounds, who is going to give a fuck? What could they possibly add that the decade or so modding hasn't already given us?

Also, look at their past. MDK2 HD was a fucking PILE OF GARBAGE. The only thing different in the game were some of the character models and NOTHING ELSE. Also, it was filled with bugs.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote
cBox
Tard
Tard

According to the wikipedia article they are also planning remakes of BG2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment.

They also have plans for a Baldur's Gate 3. They made quite a lot of plans huh, they must be really counting on their success.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
RedNailgun
Flame Me
Flame Me

cBox wrote:
According to the wikipedia article they are also planning remakes of BG2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment.

They also have plans for a Baldur's Gate 3. They made quite a lot of plans huh, they must be really counting on their success.

Sounds like Bioware is desperate, their MMO is tanking, 2 IPs pretty much done after shitty games, now it's time for the nostalgia dollar.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Me thinks that the backgrounds are good enough with the widescreen mod installed. This will be mainly played on tablets so there's no need for 23786595 x 4846539 resolution. It may sounds strange but if you look at an old game with high resolution, most titles will just look shittier and will lost it's charm that only time can give.
Who want's to see a black & white silent movie with updated crisp graphics, dubbed and without the scratches? You'll immediatly notice how the scenery looks, all the faults they made and it will just look almost as if you watch some theatre play. Old music also don't need any remakes. It's the same with videogames I think. And Baldur's Gate 1+2 is better than any game in the past years so I don't have any doubt that it will be successful.
They only need to implement an already existing mod that prevents the rapid enemy respawning that I didn't like in the first game. Thank god they fixed it in Shadows of Amn.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

The game looks better in Widescreen, you can see more detail of the background.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Ape_Shall_Never_Kill_Ape
Ubertard
Ubertard

Sounds better than Baldur's Gate: iPad Edition, I guess.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
ZippyDSMlee
Ubertard
Ubertard

So has someone made a mana mod for it? BG is great, but good god it is tedious.
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck