· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
113 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Portal
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming -> Portal Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Portal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Location: Why so serious? Seriously, why? It doesn't make sense.

But not the portal you're thinking. This one leads to hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1FA-m0C_iI

You cannot get any higher/lower than this. This is the ultimate. It is one end polarized. The heaviest metal I've ever heard.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

What the fuck is this? This is not music at all, it has no melody or rhytm at all. it's more like distorted static noise. How boring is that? You need to have brains of a larvae to be satisfied and be filled with such a basic sound. And you know what, I can't feel any energy behind it either since it completely lacks variety, there's no build up momentums no nothing. is that a C? maybe an F#? doesn't matter since some ONE HANDED bloke just attacked a guitar a cheese grater. While the "drummer" must be an autist with a bad case of epilepsy who just got 230V electrocuted through it's leg. the rhytm section can be completely done with a drum machine with a single button on it. You just need to but a telephone book onto it to constantly hold it down and that's it TRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRT... Wonder if the one who writes the lyrics have cases when he just doesn't seems to find the right word to express his feelings properly.
"GROOOOOUUURRRR.. no.. ok how about RAAAAAHHRGHNNNnno no just no. is it that i finally reached my climax of creativity? well.. there's no reason to force it right now. let's put down the pen for today. ahh.. sometimes i just do not feel the hate. what's wrong with me? looks like i got to tell the other faqs of the band that i need more time to find the proper words.."
Where can I download the lyrics? Is there any? Are you reading it while listening the music? Do you do some karaoke to it? Can you whistle or humm a song like this? Seriously I just don't know how the hell do you differentiate one song from another. because this whole genre is basically just one song and the bands are all cover bands of each other. Wonder why do they wait years to release another album? I mean anyone can easily write as much songs like this as they want. If you like this music, you just need a 10mb mp3 player with only this song on it and you basically got the whole genre covered in your pocket.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Extreme music is a bit of an acquired taste. If you are used to pop of jazz or whatever, this kind of music is so different that it is hard to grasp its value. It is like playing Planescape Torment if you are used only to Wii Fit; you just won't understand what the game is about.

In addition, it is hard to grasp the quality of extreme music like this from a low-fi youtube video. I am quite familiar with this kind of music but for me too it was hard to determine if this music was any good. To me it sounded a bit like Nile (which is a death metal band of really high quality) with constant breakdowns, at least at the beginning.

This kind of music is mainly about aggression, not so much melody / rythm (which is there also, but not in the way a layman would expect). There is often more to this kind of music than a layman can grasp: death metal is often very complex. Nile is a perfect example.

Why would it be necessary for music to be able to sing it along or to dance on it? People who think like that are pretty narrowminded I would think.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Extreme music is a bit of an acquired taste.
true but this is hardly music, its noise. perhaps can you call it extreme noise?

berzerker wrote:
If you are used to pop of jazz or whatever, this kind of music is so different that it is hard to grasp its value.
i dont listen to pop or jazz, but i still think its crap and thats coming form a producer who as been doing it for the last 12years.

berzerker wrote:
It is like playing Planescape Torment if you are used only to Wii Fit; you just won't understand what the game is about.
poor example as always

berzerker wrote:
This kind of music is mainly about aggression, not so much melody / rythm (which is there also, but not in the way a layman would expect). There is often more to this kind of music than a layman can grasp: death metal is often very complex.
again i would like to correct that its not music, its noise. sure music may have noise, but noise is not music. Such type of appreciation for noise is mostly appeals to teenagers(and other immature twats) as the body starts to produce hormones like testosterone which give them a huge rush. So its basically a source to vent out their frustration. There is nothing sophisticated abt the track i just listened...it was pretty boring, dull. this stuff is for bums bootyshake.gif

berzerker wrote:
Why would it be necessary for music to be able to sing it along or to dance on it? People who think like that are pretty narrowminded I would think.
i think you got it wrong, he was trying to tell you its not music its noise(gently reminding you again)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

What's the inherent difference between music and noise then?

Noise is even the name of a music genre (see here).

This is by no means the closest to noise music can get.

_Master_ wrote:
There is nothing sophisticated abt the track i just listened.

You probably simply cannot discern the complexity due to lack of a frame of reference. If I let laymen listen to Six Feet Under or Nile, they won't here the difference, it's all noise to them, whereas Six Feet Under is really groovy and simple music while Nile is highly technical and complex. You cannot expect a layman to discern that.

I remember l was really impressed by Emperor's debut album in the beginning of the 90's and I let someone hear it, saying that he should pay attention to the synths because that's where most of the melody was to be found. He could not even hear there *were* synths, while I considered them to completely dominate the song.

Last edited by berzerker on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
come on your not that dumb...make an effort. think think

berzerker wrote:
Noise is even the name of a music genre (see here).
music genres are a big mess...thats why i tend to stay away from those pesudo labels and instead focus on the feel of the content. noise can never be music...sure it is used in drum synths and all over, but its an ingredient not music. but then again you can use it in a soundscape and get away. however its not music.

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:
There is nothing sophisticated abt the track i just listened.

You probably simply cannot discern the complexity due to lack of a frame of reference. If I let laymen listen to Six Feet Under or Nile, they won't here the difference, it's all noise to them, whereas Six Feet Under is really groovy and simple music while Nile is highly technical and complex. You cannot expect a layman to discern that.
sure lets leave the layman to themselves. and laymen dont go spending $5k a year on musical instruments, professionals who are serious do. And i can tell you again that link is crap and i dont need a reference like the common gentry to guide them in unfamiliar territory. everything you hear has already been done already but not in the way its delivered to you! My ears are tuned and can tell you right away if its crap or not. take my work for it! if you really like that type of music then your not a sophisticated person.

berzerker wrote:

I remember l was really impressed by Emperor's debut album in the beginning of the 90's and I let someone hear it, saying that he should pay attention to the synths because that's where most of the melody was to be found. He could not even here there *were* synths, while I considered them to completely dominate the song.
the more you listen, the easier for you to pick out subtle nuances compared to some1 who isint into music. your ears will block out the regular stuff and tune into the new sounds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

to illustrate the mess of gernes goto to this rather nice guide

click on hardcore, check out terrorcore the 2nd song..you may instantly like it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

wow i've jsut been back from a friend who plays on the guitar and imagine: i never played on tis instrument before but i managed to play this one perfectly! at the very first try! am i a genious?
nevertheless this music is like primitive abstract art. in my eye, there isn't any value in it since i can paint much better blindfolded using my dick. i just can't respect that. and this music is like a big fart lasting for minutes.
also: noise doesn't supposed to be considered as a genre. maybe one dumbass made it as a cathegory but that doesn't mean anything.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
wow i've jsut been back from a friend who plays on the guitar and imagine: i never played on tis instrument before but i managed to play this one perfectly! at the very first try! am i a genious?

If you really think that, then you are probably not a genius but quite stupid or overly confident actually. icon_geek.gif

Can you do the drumming and the vocals too?
Now Now,
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
What the fuck is this? This is not music at all, it has no melody or rhytm at all. it's more like distorted static noise. How boring is that? You need to have brains of a larvae to be satisfied and be filled with such a basic sound. And you know what, I can't feel any energy behind it either since it completely lacks variety, there's no build up momentums no nothing. is that a C? maybe an F#? doesn't matter since some ONE HANDED bloke just attacked a guitar a cheese grater. While the "drummer" must be an autist with a bad case of epilepsy who just got 230V electrocuted through it's leg. the rhytm section can be completely done with a drum machine with a single button on it. You just need to but a telephone book onto it to constantly hold it down and that's it TRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRTRT... Wonder if the one who writes the lyrics have cases when he just doesn't seems to find the right word to express his feelings properly.
"GROOOOOUUURRRR.. no.. ok how about RAAAAAHHRGHNNNnno no just no. is it that i finally reached my climax of creativity? well.. there's no reason to force it right now. let's put down the pen for today. ahh.. sometimes i just do not feel the hate. what's wrong with me? looks like i got to tell the other faqs of the band that i need more time to find the proper words.."
Where can I download the lyrics? Is there any? Are you reading it while listening the music? Do you do some karaoke to it? Can you whistle or humm a song like this? Seriously I just don't know how the hell do you differentiate one song from another. because this whole genre is basically just one song and the bands are all cover bands of each other. Wonder why do they wait years to release another album? I mean anyone can easily write as much songs like this as they want. If you like this music, you just need a 10mb mp3 player with only this song on it and you basically got the whole genre covered in your pocket.

Lyrics:

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/portalaustralia/swarth.html#2

All songs have melody and rhythm. It's impossible to not have it, because it would just be noise otherwise. You have to stop being a pussy and listen harder, maybe burn a jay, then listen even harder.

craterface wrote:
I can't feel any energy behind it either since it completely lacks variety, there's no build up momentums no nothing. is that a C? maybe an F#?

There is, you simply missed it, didn't comprehend it when it happened and wrote it off. Stupid layman, always going for the simple jolly tunes on the radio. Have some variety why don't you? I mean, what you just said:

craterface wrote:
because this whole genre is basically just one song and the bands are all cover bands of each other. Wonder why do they wait years to release another album? I mean anyone can easily write as much songs like this as they want.

THAT APPLIES TO ANY JAZZ, POP, BLUES, REGGAE, HIP HOP, GRUNGE, ROCK & ROLL, DEATH & ROLL, HEAVY METAL - ANY AND EVERY SINGLE GENRE THERE IS IN EXISTENCE.

I mean come on. Isn't that obvious?

Caterface, you are complete idiot, and almost down to the level of master. For shame.

But at least you actually questioned it's validity, unlike master who in his dementia induced actions goes feral and simply condemns it's validity, classifying it as noise.

But still, for shame. You're like all those faggots who think the heaviest song in the world is Fuel by Metallica.

Anyways, this band as of right now has polarized itself as the heaviest of avant-garde death metal bands. Since avant-garde death metal like this and Gorguts ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lspl89ixSds ) at least in my book are, not the fastest, but the heaviest and brutal sounding songs yet. I haven't come across a band that tries to actually destroy you with it's sound since Portal.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_ALL
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
nevertheless this music is like primitive abstract art. in my eye, there isn't any value in it since i can paint much better blindfolded using my dick. i just can't respect that. and this music is like a big fart lasting for minutes.
also: noise doesn't supposed to be considered as a genre. maybe one dumbass made it as a cathegory but that doesn't mean anything.

What kinda song did you play? I bet you it was just fucking smoke on the water, or if you aspire some simple punk riff. Anything else is even easier to play with no experience.

Everything else except death metal.
AND I MEAN REAL DEATH METAL, NOT THOSE PUSSY EMO POSER PANZY FUCK TARDS THAT LIKE SUFFOCATING THEIR BALLS BY WEARING TIGHT AS HELL CLOTHES, FUCKING STRAIGHT EDGE RETARDED GOOF BALLS THAT LACK BRAIN CELLS AND PROPER STOMACHS AND CAN'T EVEN HANDLE ONE TOKE YOU MISERABLE WEAKLING FUCKING DOUCHE BAGS...

Anything that isn't metal is below metal. Rap and Hip Hop are at the bottom. Jazz is close to metal, so is grunge. Blues, funk, reggae, any good progressive, soul full (and when I talk soul full, I mean they have energy and a message, a more powerful purpose) song is close to metal. The radio can suck my dick, no actual good songs are played. Sure there are good, catchy songs, but they've either become obsolete by being over played, or they're not really good songs.

Only weaklings like craterface and especially master stay at the bottom. Don't end up like those guys folks, especially master. I mean, master is weak, he doesn't even have a frame of reference. This guy eats his own shit for christ sake.

And craterface, even you, master? It's not too late you guys. You could miraculously climb up. You probably could get close to metal. I don't think you have it in you to actually be metal, though. Not enough bone marrow, muscle mass, flesh tone and mental balance. Who are we shittin' ourselves, you mewlin' maggots could never be metal.

Last edited by FUCK_YOU_ALL on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

Is this like asking what's the difference between a puddle and a pond/lake/lagoon
Re: Now Now,
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:12 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:
All songs have melody and rhythm. It's impossible to not have it, because it would just be noise otherwise.
thats what i thought too, untill i listened to your shitmetal track

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:

You have to stop being a pussy and listen harder, maybe burn a jay, then listen even harder.
sure you can burn a jay and even feel your fart to be quite melodious

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:

But at least you actually questioned it's validity, unlike master who in his dementia induced actions goes feral and simply condemns it's validity, classifying it as noise.
its noise and i remember it quite clearly!

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:

Anyways, this band as of right now has polarized itself as the heaviest of avant-garde death metal bands.
avant-garde of shit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

FUCK_YOU_ALL wrote:
Jazz is close to metal
sign10.gif ur azz is close to a metal dildo jay walker

metal music is for underdeveloped teenagers and people who forgot to grow up...loosers of the society, frustrated vent their anger by growin long hair, uncut nails, unshaved as are too poor to buy a mach3 razor find solace in mental music like death mental....let us hope they find death pretty soon har har icon_cheers.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
berzerker wrote:

Is this like asking what's the difference between a puddle and a pond/lake/lagoon
oh wow who could have figured that out!! i hope it didnt take too much time from your thesis LaTeX doc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
berzerker wrote:

That's mere semantics (it is an object which we give different names and then you can quarrel which name should apply in a particular case). This on the other hand goes to the nature (music a creation, not merely an object). What is it that distinquishes noise from music? Is is some rhythm, melody, it is quite impossible to find the answer to this I think. I do not think you can be any more specific than saying that it is music if the author intended it as such.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:06 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
metal music is for underdeveloped teenagers and people who forgot to grow up...loosers of the society, frustrated vent their anger by growin long hair, uncut nails, unshaved as are too poor to buy a mach3 razor find solace in mental music like death mental.

A primal form of stereotyping, if you really think this is true then I pity you (even if you do not think so I pity you BTW icon_cheers.gif ).
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:43 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
puk wrote:
berzerker wrote:

That's mere semantics (it is an object which we give different names and then you can quarrel which name should apply in a particular case). This on the other hand goes to the nature (music a creation, not merely an object). What is it that distinquishes noise from music? Is is some rhythm, melody, it is quite impossible to find the answer to this I think.
omfg!! you really have a knack of complicating things when the clear cut explanation is given to you. yet you go on dragging again and again like a mule chained to a rock grinder. The common denominator of all music is some type of rhythm or melody. Music has evolved over ages and that lead to inclusion of a structure to it. The uninteresting track provided by shithead is rather a simple primitive form of sound expression, probably pre nascent music. However today music has evolved quite a lot to call the track in question music. Sure a primitive persons may like such type of crude sounds, but its not music.

berzerker wrote:

I do not think you can be any more specific than saying that it is music if the author intended it as such.
i disagree, if that is the case then one could claim that the splattering of cow dung periodically over a great height could also be music according to you.

berzerker wrote:
_Master_ wrote:
metal music is for underdeveloped teenagers and people who forgot to grow up...loosers of the society, frustrated vent their anger by growin long hair, uncut nails, unshaved as are too poor to buy a mach3 razor find solace in mental music like death mental.

A primal form of stereotyping, if you really think this is true then I pity you (even if you do not think so I pity you BTW icon_cheers.gif ).
its a fact that a lot of teenagers mostly males listen to such type of thrash metal music. Its a venue for them to rebel against school, parents and society. This rebellious teenage nature is because the testosterone hormone starts to kick in finally and they dont know how to control it. The result is that when testosterone is released they go like
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

= sounds in death mental. Some of these teenagers dont grow up (no surprise) and continue their search for this underdeveloped acquired sound.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:03 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
The common denominator of all music is some type of rhythm or melody. Music has evolved over ages and that lead to inclusion of a structure to it. The uninteresting track provided by shithead is rather a simple primitive form of sound expression, probably pre nascent music. However today music has evolved quite a lot to call the track in question music. Sure a primitive persons may like such type of crude sounds, but its not music.

You are too narrow-minded, see for example this Wikipedia page:
Quote:
20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound."[2] Musicologist Jean-Jacques Nattiez summarizes the relativist, post-modern viewpoint: "The border between music and noise is always culturally defined—which implies that, even within a single society, this border does not always pass through the same place; in short, there is rarely a consensus ... By all accounts there is no single and intercultural universal concept defining what music might be.

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:
I do not think you can be any more specific than saying that it is music if the author intended it as such.
i disagree, if that is the case then one could claim that the splattering of cow dung periodically over a great height could also be music according to you.

Yeah it could, music is a form of art, and there are stranger examples of art out there.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
You are too narrow-minded, see for example
actually you mistake me for being just intensely focused

berzerker wrote:

Quote:
20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound."
bullshit

berzerker wrote:

[2]
Musicologist Jean-Jacques Nattiez summarizes the relativist, post-modern viewpoint: "The border between music and noise is always culturally defined—which implies that, even within a single society, this border does not always pass through the same place; in short, there is rarely a consensus ...
i disagree, in our times its no longer culture or society, rather people who listen to a particular type of sound. That definition becomes obsolete with the internet as a medium for distribution of music. Then the question comes as to what type of people want to classify noise as music? Very often one needs to be very subtle and talented to make noise like music, which is not so in most of the cases. The track fails to qualify itself as music according to my taste. really sorry if i offended the teenager in you binkybaby.gif

berzerker wrote:

By all accounts there is no single and intercultural universal concept defining what music might be.
ofcourse there is no set definition of music, but you will find that most of them have rhythms, structure, harmonies. noise to me is just a texture that can be used as an ingredient, not music itself.

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:

Yeah it could, music is a form of art, and there are stranger examples of art out there.
in your definition maybe, but periodic splattering of cow dung is not musical for me

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> General Banter/Flaming