· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
169 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Currently playing
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Currently playing Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Currently playing
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

What games is everyone currently playing?

I just started Gothic 3 now the new community patch (currently 1.71) is available.

Next on the list is Stalker, provided I can get it to run this time.

I tried Fallout 3 for a few hours but found it quite consolized; I will try this again later.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I dunno if someone cares but i'll add my games too.

Company of heroes tales of valor. Shitty expansion, fucking SHIT actually, but the game is still wonderful. I play a little skirmish now and then, when i need my tanks and mortar fix.

Fallout 3. I didn't like it when it came out because it's an oblivion mod. Super mutants? More like super gay copy of orks. But now, because of my low standards, i'm enjoying it. I really like the universe they created. The gameplay is kinda crappy. The gun fire is nothing compared to stalker.

Wolverine origins. It's an ok mindless action game. The only thing i found interesting was the gimmick that wounds appear and heal over time. Oh but it's a fucking console job. Auto save only, no graphical options.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Civilization IV

This game is pretty good, very good maybe but RTS games get boring over time. In any case, I managed to enter the Modern era in 1700 AD so this game is pretty fun. drunken_smilie.gif

Battlefield 2

Can't pirate it to work on-line though. I think I'll maybe buy it since it must be at bargain bin prices. This game is excellent.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Versus

This is my own game so I enjoy playing it once in a while on-line. icon_farao.gif

World of Warcraft - only very rarely as I get bored of it very soon.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Civilization 4 is not exactly RTS. It's Turn Based Strategy. Anyway, it gets boring because of the combat. I mean you spend so much time building up units and when the war starts....it's crap.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
I dunno if someone cares but i'll add my games too.

I think others care yes. I was inspired by the monthly "what have you been playing in [previous month]"-posting on usenet (the last one here). These prove to be very popular and are normally very informative.

The guy who starts the topic each month plays an incredible number of games BTW and usually gives accurate (short) reviews, based from the perspective of a PC gamer, as we would expect here. Certainly worth reading each month IMHO.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

So this is like the "new releases topic" except we can talk about any game we want, regardless of their year. I like that.

Also Transport Tycoon Deluxe. I found a very nice thing that i would have LOVED years ago. http://www.openttd.org/en/

It's not really that cool now but for who liked the game, and i'm sure some of you do too, it's worth it for that HUGE map. Plus other changes.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Alez wrote:
Civilization 4 is not exactly RTS. It's Turn Based Strategy. Anyway, it gets boring because of the combat. I mean you spend so much time building up units and when the war starts....it's crap.

Yeah, sorry my bad. In any case, up until now I've only played without waging war, the other civs seem pretty peaceful too on the settler difficulty. But the interesting fact is that even if you are peaceful you can still conquer other cities if your culture is very powerful. The citizens simply protest and demand that they be part of your empire.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah that's how i liked to conquer, with culture. It avoids that boring combat and also makes me feel better. Having a city abandon your nation is just ownage.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
M0nKeY
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

I just started replaying Gothic 2 gold edition.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'm here in Spain with my friend, and every time I try to read a sentence on these forums, or if I try to post something, he keeps asking me pointless questions. It's irritating to the point where I give up entirely

So now I'm back

I'm playing older games. Just did CS 1.6 cuz my friends are too cheap to buy source

I'm trying to get Lincity installed so I can use that.

trying to get a new PC so I can max out Crysis
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Currently playing Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods.

Crap is this game full of bugs and minor things that demonstrate how unfinished this game is. What minor things? Well they changed the voice actor playing the Nameless Hero but when you click on a book to read it, the Nameless reads it with the voice of the old Gothic 3 actor. Wow.

The voice acting sucks BTW and the game still takes forever to load on my system. But nevertheless, it's Gothic and I can't help myself but play this game. icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Since a review of it is up anyway....

I recently played Velvet Assassin.
The only thing i liked in this game was that the chick was pretty hot and i'm tired of gay shit like watching a bald guy in hitman changing clothes or a 50 year old dude in a rubber suit in splinter cell.

But so many things against it.
Fucking World Fucking war 2. If you wanna make a ww2 game in nowadays you better have some VERY interesting story or have a reason to actually use that theme. This game could have been just as well from vietnam or iraq.
Level design is incredibly boring. Corridor after corridor. WOW FUN and engaging.
And the thing that made me delete this game is that "you can't attack if one sees you, suddenly your massive assassination ability is fucking rendered completely USELESS". Not even some weak attack that wouldn't hurt a fly, NO, the chick just stands there taking the ass kicking. Just like any real world woman.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Alez wrote:
Also Transport Tycoon Deluxe. I found a very nice thing that i would have LOVED years ago. http://www.openttd.org/en/

It's not really that cool now but for who liked the game, and i'm sure some of you do too, it's worth it for that HUGE map. Plus other changes.

In that mod of TTD I suffer a frustrating bug, where sometimes in the stations placed near an industry the goods disappear themself like they where being transported but go nowhere. When the bug starts, the amount of goods begin to decrease until it reaches 1, and then it goes from 0 (the cargo don't appear in the description) to 1 like it's being constantly added and deducted. It happens alone, without any train or truck in the proximity.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Alez wrote:
And the thing that made me delete this game is that "you can't attack if one sees you, suddenly your massive assassination ability is fucking rendered completely USELESS". Not even some weak attack that wouldn't hurt a fly, NO, the chick just stands there taking the ass kicking. Just like any real world woman.

Well at least you can't say the game is not realistic, can you? LoL
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

That's sounds annoying but i didn't notice. I found bugs with the AI. Upon loading sometimes some would crash.
But overall a reason to go back to it. Bonuses outweigh the problems.

Do you have any suggestions on content to download? There are a lot of things and haven't got a clue what's the best. The best newgf for cars, towns etc.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Alez wrote:
Do you have any suggestions on content to download? There are a lot of things and haven't got a clue what's the best. The best newgf for cars, towns etc.

I tried it first without any mod, to remember old times and then I got so frustrated of that bug that I left the game and didn't tried any aditional content.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it. There are a ton of things you can add so it might be worth it to give it another shot.
Huge maps, really long trains that can have more than one engine, train stations that can be linked to create a single station, much improved interface that eliminates many problems. being able to clone vehicles or auto replace them owns.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
ZippyDSMlee
Ubertard
Ubertard

Cryostatis:2 hours in I like it for its adventure feel but tis a pretty simple game so far...

Necrovision 8 hours in, I love it despite being a cheap game with atrocious dialog/script I love the random one liners its about time a FPS had them(major blood fan here) and love the explore focus of the level design even if tis not all that its soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than gun and run corridor shooters...

Jade Empire:8 hours in,Could be better could be ALOT worse, I am liking it more than Mass effect....

Fallou 3:40 hours in,suspended: since I ran into issues modded it I put it on hold.

Finished POP:Sands of time a week ago going to start up 2 thrones when it comes in.

Also have Ninja Gaiden black I played for a couple hours I want to spend time on it byitself so I'll be playing it heavily later on.

I hate most new games and thankfully games 3+ years old are dirt cheap!!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:40 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

POP Sands of time rocks, the second one is OK

Just don't play the new Prince of Persia game. It's about as fun as losing a game of chess over and over again.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Currently playing NBA 2K9.

This game owns your boxorz, whatever that means. It's so exciting to play, at least for me because I'm new to the series. I was trailing at the end of the game and I decided to take 3 point shots + I fouled intentionally so as to save time. Even though there where only 30 seconds left on the game clock the actual game took forever, and I scored almost all 3 point shots, but I made a 5 second violation at the end (took more than 5 secs to start the game) so the ball went to them and they scored. Final difference was 5 points between me and them so I was so close. If I scored 3 points instead of made the violation the score would have been par.

But this game is great, I give it a 9,1.
Currently playing
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck