· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
160 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - GTA V
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> GTA V
GTA V
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I've got the whole week off so I've been playing this a shitload. I have about 20 hours already. So far it's a huge improvement over the turd fest that was GTA IV (still surprised VGS gave it such a high score) however it's not quite perfect.

Pros

Missions are improved, bank heists are fun, etc
More things to do
Huge countryside, fun to drive around in with offroaders
Characters are cool
Dialogue can be pretty funny (though they say nigga way too many times)
Better AI
Character models have been greatly improved
Weapons are nice
More customization
Fun side missions
Character switching is fun and useful.
Stock market, real estate, etc are fun to take part in and can give a shitload of money if you use it right
Gunplay and cover system is more fluid and fun, especially compared to the boring sluggish shootouts from GTA IV
Police are more aggressive
You can actually hide in alleys and such now instead of them automatically knowing exactly where you are
Ammunation!
Better melee system
Better jumping/moving controls
etc.

Cons
Lots of jaggies (this game would look gorgeous on PC)
Some popin
Framerate does slow down occasionally (usually on certain missions though, not a big deal)
Radio sucks, not very many songs i like. Needs a better rock/ metal selection. Mostly shitty pop.
Not enough buildings that you can actually enter, they took out the ability to go into restaurants like Burger Shot or Cluckin' Bell.
Car damage has been greatly decreased. It's takes hundreds of rounds to blow up a car and crashing into walls barely does any damage. Disappointing.

Neutral

Car handling is mixed for me, not sure how i feel about it.

The technical cons arent too big of a problem due to how awesome the rest of the game and the environment is but i definitely have a problem with the radio and the car damage.

So far I'd rate it some around the 9-9.5 range, can't wait for the online. It does get better once you unlock planes and helicopters and such.

Note to Fallout 4: The story hasn't been depressing so far. It's a lot of fun. I will see if the ending is depressing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

zachofat wrote:
I've got the whole week off so I've been playing this a shitload. I have about 20 hours already. So far it's a huge improvement over the turd fest that was GTA IV (still surprised VGS gave it such a high score)

Well, any fool can submit reviews here. GTAIV was reviewed by GaMeRuInEr, who has a somewhat mixed reputation. And don't forget that this was the review of a console version, Suislide never bothered to review the PC version. The captn wrote a good review though, sort of: http://www.videogamessuck.com/sutra5496.html#5496
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

True but I thought that he would be smarter than that. This game is faaaaaaaaaar superior to GTA IV.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

zachofat wrote:
This game is faaaaaaaaaar superior to GTA IV.

But how did you view GTA IV when it was just released? At the time it got the same very high review scores as GTA V is getting now (even the PC version got high grades at the time, judging by Gamerankings absurd average of 94%). So apparently, GTA IV doesn't seem to have much of a lasting appeal, unlike Vice City or San Andreas. So I think I'll wait a few years before trying GTA V (if it requires GFWL again I won't touch it in any case, the captn's review was quite accurate in this respect IMHO).
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I thought it was complete shit when it came out. This site is all about giving REAL reviews on games, not just slapping a 10 on it. The only games this year worth the high scores they got were The Last of Us, there were some other good games but they were extremely overrated (bio shock). Even the last of us reviews completely ignored the flaws in the game and just went on and on about how it was masterpiece and the pinnacle of. Art in gaming and all that other shit. Gtav is awesome, already infinitely better than gta iv. It's fun and much more fluid. Try it if you can. How far are you in re4?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

As to RE4: I'm almost at the end of chapter 4 (of 5). It took me more than 20 hours to get there. I tend not to rush games but this game is definitely pretty long for a shooter.

And I predict GTA V will be a GFWL-game and that will mean a no-buy no matter how good it is.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

How do you like it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'll answer in the proper thread.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:04 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

How do you like it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Finally was able to get into fucking online (this has got to be the shittiest launch ever) and immediately some fuckers started shooting at me for no fucking reason once i finished the first mission. They killed me a couple times so I drove all the way out to the docks and spun around, got out, and using my car as cover, blasted the shit out of them with sawed-off that i got for having a social club account. Dirty motherfuckers. Took all their money, put a bounty on their head and spent the rest of my session killing them. I think i killed them about 35 times. They got pissed and left. The lesson here is:

Don't fuck with my shotgun.
Don't grief me.

Anyway I can't wait till all my friends are able to get in so we can fuck shit up and have fun instead of dying repeatedly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
burningdickman
Troll++
Troll++

I looked at some gameplay videos for GTAV, and the shotguns actually look pretty damn good. How would you say the shotguns are from your experience, Zach?

As berzerker mentioned, if it's GFWL, I'll have to settle on playing the console version at my brother in-law's place. Otherwise, if it's a competent port without any bullshit like GFWL, I'll be getting it.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Shotguns have always been my go-to weapon. They are very powerful in this game and don't have a two foot range like in other shitty games. They can go a decent distance with a lot of power. They're very powerful and I would recommend them in most shootouts. I just wish they sounded better. Being an open world game obviously the guns wouldn't sound as good (very few open world games have guns that sound good) but you can't really sense the power by the sound. Anyway yes the shotguns are very good decent range and high power i would recommend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
burningdickman
Troll++
Troll++

Excellent, I'm glad to hear that GTAV manages to do shotguns justice unlike other shitty games out there.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

GTA Online is fucking broken as of now. I was expecting issues but not like this. It rarely ever lets me join jobs, it freezes, deletes my character, and some people can't even get in. One time when joining a job it froze on a loading screen so I had to turn the PS3 off only to find my character had been deleted yet again when I joined. Fuck this game, I'm not playing till they fix this shit.

Online as of now: 2/10

Potential to be a: 9/10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
zachofat
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

It's getting better now. It's been a few days since it deleted my character. They need to get rid of all the bills. It's impossible to get alot of money because if you die in free roam, a mission, or a deathmatch it takes away $5000. There's also secret fees for all the job that are like $300. I feel like they're trying to push us to buy money, which is greedy. They also need to tone down the police. It's not fun getting in a fight with another player and having the cops on your ass within seconds. If you bump someone with your car they come after, and if they see you driving a stolen car there will be like 10 cars on your ass. It's annoying and not fun. There needs to be an option for a no cop free roam.

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck