· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
85 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - System Shock 2? Still awesome?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> System Shock 2? Still awesome?
System Shock 2? Still awesome?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

I'm thinking about buying it off of Steam.

I only got to the part of the tutorial where you choose Army, Navy, and whatever the other one was.

What are some major game changes between System Shock 2 and Bioshock?
View users profile Send private message
Re: System Shock 2? Still awesome?
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Fallout4 wrote:
I'm thinking about buying it off of Steam.

I only got to the part of the tutorial where you choose Army, Navy, and whatever the other one was.

What are some major game changes between System Shock 2 and Bioshock?

SS2 is much more difficult and the setting is more spooky. Ammo is really scarce in SS2, at least if you play as a marine. The main difference though is that SS2 is an RPG/FPS hybrid, in which you really need to specialize skills and make choices, quite unlike Bioshock.
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Holy shit, this game is great. Wonderous voice acting and gameplay. I was a hacker of course because I couldn't resist any locked stuff and hacking pays off dearly in this game as it's not just for lockpicking but can also be used for a heap of other things including means of your defense. Put it to at least 4. Being a soldier sucks balls. Who needs heavy artillery wasting your inventory space in a game with only a handful of ammo? Just make sure to get the lasersaber and a handgun. It has various types of ammo and you find them through all the game. If you keep it in good shape, it can be really useful. You can also be a psychic I guess as there are some useful magic but I found that way too costy and they can only manipulate their surroundings with temporary spells, unlike the meddligs of a hacker which are forever.
Oh, and don't forget: the logs you find are the ORIGINAL ones about shit going down in a spaceship, all the other games (Doom 3, Deadspace) shamelessly STOLE them from HERE. Hacking minigame (hell, even just hacking) was here first too. The story is awesome and so much more that these fake poor excuses of a sci-fi game.
wow
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Fallout4
Ubertard
Ubertard

Yea so this game is pretty amazing. I am surprised it predates Half-life.

The ambience and sound and space setting remind me of my favorite half-life mod (Natural Selection), as both were sci-fi horror space themes.

Personally I love all those old-style game sounds.

It plays really well although I definitely got stuck respawning in tough situations. Great story. Too bad they cannot make a System Shock 3.

I definitely see how Bioshock Infinite is "gutted" compared to this in terms of gameplay, but its also interesting in seeing the similarities between SS2 and the first Bioshock.

Since I'm playing Morrowind and SS2 I figured I might as well get Baldur's Gate as well so that will probably be my next old game.
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Jeeezus fuckin' christ...!
If you get Baldur's Gate, you bought your ticket to one of the best gaming experience in your life. Sístem Shock is amazing, I forgot to include the SHOTGUN, that is also a necessity. Anyway, play Baldur's Gate (just be aware that the first title has some... issues with enemy respawning. What I mean is that you try to snipe a kobold with Montaron, and you fuck it up, so you quick load a game and try to do it agan, and suddenly there are thousands of kobolds all aroud your original target... that can be avoided with a use of a mod, but it's no big deal as I played it through two times the original way.
And BG2 will be so supper great you quit your job to play it as you fall in love with the game. And your team.
System Shock 2? Still awesome?
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck