· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
183 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - syberia crashing
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> syberia crashing
syberia crashing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

this games crashes all the time!!! angry4.gif

i got it from adventuregamers.com

running on vista32
app compat 98/me + disable visual themes + run as admin

it also deletes your saved games! wtf peice of shit software is this? luckily it i was only in the starting level. anyways now i keep a copy of the save..ridiculous!

however i have reached a point where i cannot play anymore because of the crashes. this is the part where you draw the mammoth and the stupid kid runs off and opens the gate at the end of the road. kate steps in and the next scene is a bridge with water flowing underneath. and thats where it crashes.

i cant install the patch2,3 because it says something idiotic like Siberia is not installed. This game is from microids and still life too was crashing luckily there was some french patch that did it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Seems to be a known problem, see for example here. It's probably Vista-related (I played it without any problem that I can remember on W98). A similar solution here. It seems odd you cannot even install the patch though.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

i cant install the patch because i have the siberia pack1+2 $19 dvd version from adventuregamers.com

it says it is compatible with vista, so i have sent a mail to microids. and why do i have a feeling i wont be getting a reply back?

anyways i purchased fear1 and farcry2 for $20, having a go at fear...its so boring, pathetic weak story. its like a half life clone. gfx are good for its age, i like the realism of the weapons...let see how long i can put up with this, before trying out farcry2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
i cant install the patch because i have the siberia pack1+2 $19 dvd version from adventuregamers.com

This is a later rerelease, so the patch is probably already included in the game. If so, the error message you get is really not very helpful.

Quote:
it says it is compatible with vista, so i have sent a mail to microids. and why do i have a feeling i wont be getting a reply back?

Let us know if they do reply.

Quote:
anyways i purchased fear1 and farcry2 for $20, having a go at fear...its so boring, pathetic weak story. its like a half life clone. gfx are good for its age, i like the realism of the weapons...let see how long i can put up with this, before trying out farcry2.

Yeah, FEAR is quite boring, but I found it OK to play in short intervals.

FC2 is on my to-play list, although it is supposed to be crap.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

i solved my siberia problem. what i did was i mounted my vista32 partition in my xp64bit os. then i ran the syberia.exe from there, it asked for activation understandably(max#5 times) and every thing went smooth from there on. i was able to continue from my last saved position before the crash part in vista. :) not only that the game also runs smoother.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

You want buggy, try playing C&C1 as the EA's cash making scheme AKA C&C the first decade. They crash so much they are unplayable
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

_Master_ wrote:
i solved my siberia problem. what i did was i mounted my vista32 partition in my xp64bit os. then i ran the syberia.exe from there, it asked for activation understandably(max#5 times) and every thing went smooth from there on. i was able to continue from my last saved position before the crash part in vista. :) not only that the game also runs smoother.

so it worked out for the better. tell us how you feel after you've finished syberia 1+2.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
You want buggy, try playing C&C1 as the EA's cash making scheme AKA C&C the first decade. They crash so much they are unplayable
i recieved c&c red alert 1 for free(legally) but i havent bothered to play it.is it any good?(btw i rnjoyed age of empires 1 if it's of any help)
syberia crashing
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck