· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
126 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Dragon Age 2 player gets banned from playing the game
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Dragon Age 2 player gets banned from playing the game Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dragon Age 2 player gets banned from playing the game
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
bleakcabaler
Flame Me
Flame Me

Check this out:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6459941/1

Player's acces to DA2 was blocked because he called EA a devil. EA yet again uses illegal practices and will propably get away with it. This news needs to be spread as Bioware is already removing threads connected to this topic.

I hope that will teach him not to buy EA games.

Also it seems that the game illegaly uses SecuROM and developers clearly lied to their customers about it being clear of this software:

http://vividgamer.com/2011/03/10/ea-fails-to-disclose-securom-in-dragon-age-ii/

I just thought you guys should know that.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:12 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

If you can be banned for that, then surely Suislide should be banned for life for the DA2 review he posted here.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Deadspace2 as well apparently.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
Every other popular cuntsole tard game,as well apparently.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Yeah I saw this total bullshit.

Side note, I updated my DA2 review!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

They do admitted that these bans can affect the player's acces to the game and the DLC's. That's horrible.
I mean you buy the game for hard earned cash (mostly) so you put your trust in them in advance. Makeing a monetary sacrifice for something you have not experienced yet. Then they take back the product you already payed? While not giving back the money? That's crazy. And how the hell they do that? That sounds fucked up.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

craterface wrote:
They do admitted that these bans can affect the player's acces to the game and the DLC's. That's horrible.
I mean you buy the game for hard earned cash (mostly) so you put your trust in them in advance. Makeing a monetary sacrifice for something you have not experienced yet. Then they take back the product you already payed? While not giving back the money? That's crazy. And how the hell they do that? That sounds fucked up.

You have to go online to validate your game each time you run the game, many games do have similar schemes nowadays. So the publisher can block you out of your own game by simply refusing to validate your particular username / password combination (you are required to create these when you install the game, and you can do this only once for each CD key, again this is possible because you have to do this on their servers).

Most Ubisoft and EA games have similar schemes, and of course also any game that require Steam works along these lines. Steam is particularly known for such nasty habits, for example if you buy your game on a holiday in India, Steam is known to deny you access to your game once you are in Europe or the US, isn't that great?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Steam is particularly known for such nasty habits, for example if you buy your game on a holiday in India, Steam is known to deny you access to your game once you are in Europe or the US, isn't that great?
there you go, you couldn't resist bringing steam in could ya? Steam is not so bad compared to GFWL. Problems do arise if you have a credit card from a different country and try to buy it from elsewhere. Anyways holiday is over and it sucks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
you couldn't resist bringing steam in could ya? Steam is not so bad compared to GFWL.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, what was it I said that was not correct exactly? If you have another example, GFWL ('games for windows live' for those who don't know what it stands for) you seem to imply, feel free to make an addition to my post.

For what I know GFWL is extremely buggy and clumsy, much more so that Steam, we discussed that before, but AFAIK it does not limit the number of accounts you can create with a serial, so I'm not sure GFWL offers the option of banning you our of your legally bought game, and that's what I was talking about, so bringing GFWL into this picture would be silly.

We know you do not like GFWL, neither do I, but I do not see the need for dragging it in unless it is relevant to the thread.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

oh my my seem to hit a nerve on doodles LOL alien.gif

berzerker wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, what was it I said that was not correct exactly?
i just merely pointed an observation on ur love for steam

berzerker wrote:
feel free to make an addition to my post.
ofcourse i am free to post as i may please

berzerker wrote:

For what I know GFWL is extremely buggy and clumsy, much more so that Steam, we discussed that before,
good2know you haven't forgotten about it.

berzerker wrote:

but AFAIK it does not limit the number of accounts you can create with a serial, so I'm not sure GFWL offers the option of banning you our of your legally bought game, and that's what I was talking about, so bringing GFWL into this picture would be silly.
they are both content protection aka content disruption systems, so why would it be silly? what are the cases you could get banned on steam?

berzerker wrote:
We know you do not like GFWL, neither do I, but I do not see the need for dragging it in unless it is relevant to the thread.
likewise there is no need to steamit up here

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
oh my my seem to hit a nerve

Obviously you are not used to people replying to your posts? I can imagine that most choose to ignore you indeed. I am inclined to help those in need like yourself though rather than trample upon them, LOL.

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:

So am I but you object to me mentioning Steam? icon_scratch.gif

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:
but AFAIK it does not limit the number of accounts you can create with a serial, so I'm not sure GFWL offers the option of banning you our of your legally bought game, and that's what I was talking about, so bringing GFWL into this picture would be silly.
they are both content protection aka content disruption systems, so why would it be silly? what are the cases you could get banned on steam?

I gave one example 4 posts above this one, last paragraph, didn't I? Point is that Valve can block you from your game completely at their discretion, that is not the case with GFWL.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
_Master_ wrote:
oh my my seem to hit a nerve

Obviously you are not used to people replying to your posts? I can imagine that most choose to ignore you indeed.
mistaken doodles..people need to measure up to my level of higher understanding which most of them seem to lack. Lack of intelligence frustrates them and they have no choice but to abort and meander away with their paltry illogical random reasonings....so troll along doodles

berzerker wrote:
I am inclined to help those in need like yourself though rather than trample upon them, LOL.
escapist attitude

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:

So am I but you object to me mentioning Steam? icon_scratch.gif
JEE-MFKING-ZUS!! First learn to read what i wrote.

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:
what are the cases you could get banned on steam?
I gave one example 4 posts above this one, last paragraph, didn't I? Point is that Valve can block you from your game completely at their discretion, that is not the case with GFWL.
again generic examples. did valve ever block you? I can perfectly understand if they did and i guess then it could be a very good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1300065287905.jpg

What a bunch of cock suckers.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

How funny begging these money grubbing cunts for quality.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Suislide wrote:
http://images.4chan.org/v/src/1300065287905.jpg

What a bunch of cock suckers.
404 file not found.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:03 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
people need to measure up to my level of higher understanding which most of them seem to lack.
escapist attitude

The obvious signs of someone who has lost a discussion and tries to save his face (ignore the content and get on the high horse).

_Master_ wrote:
again generic examples. did valve ever block you?

They could any time, that's the point, actual experience of being banned contributes nothing to this point. You're the expert on being banned of course, feel free to share your experiences with your netizens here.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
_Master_ wrote:
people need to measure up to my level of higher understanding which most of them seem to lack.
escapist attitude

The obvious signs of someone who has lost a discussion and tries to save his face (ignore the content and get on the high horse).
try to come up with something sensible i can then make an effort to come down to your silly level of understanding pot head

berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:

They could any time, that's the point, actual experience of being banned contributes nothing to this point.
and thats my point, you just read something on the net from some shit forum and you get worked up, nervous and upset. in fact you just need some bullshit to start trolling

berzerker wrote:
You're the expert on being banned of course, feel free to share your experiences with your netizens here.
icon_scratch.gif i think you musta got me confused with sum1 lse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

_Master_ wrote:
berzerker wrote:

_Master_ wrote:

They could any time, that's the point, actual experience of being banned contributes nothing to this point.
and thats my point, you just read something on the net from some shit forum and you get worked up, nervous and upset.

Anyone who knows Steam knows how it works, and anyone with at least half a brain can deduct from that that Valve is capable of blocking you out of your account (and therefore out of your games on that account). No one (but you apparently) needs the actual experience of being blocked (let alone information from other forums) to make this deduction. But then again, you probably need the experience of jumping into a fire to know that jumping into a fire is dangerous too.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

Anyone who knows Steam knows how it works, and anyone with at least half a brain can deduct from that that Valve is capable of blocking you out of your account (and therefore out of your games on that account). No one (but you apparently) needs the actual experience of being blocked (let alone information from other forums) to make this deduction. But then again, you probably need the experience of jumping into a fire to know that jumping into a fire is dangerous too.
you have no focus at all, you simply seem to dwell into the most impractical unimportant facts. hell, its like saying the electric company is capable of pulling the plug on your lights and therefore out of your ability to use pc. Or its like saying oh these corporate companies, they are like hire and fire and they dont really luv me, bobhohohoo.....so get a grip on reality. its not a big deal to have an account on steam and use it from time to time. i think you have other big problems in life

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck