· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
128 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Mafia 2
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Mafia 2 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Mafia 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Mafia 2 will be released shortly, but, unlike part 1, it will be a multi platform release (IIRC part 1 was released on the PC first and only on the xbox much later, but I trust Kasrkin will correct me if I am wrong).

So we may see another PC title go to waste. That would be a pity, because part 1 was pretty impressive (although I hated the checkpoint saves and the race level sucked beyond belief).
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:21 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Consoles in general amaze me. They take good gameplay, make it shittier, yet somehow make the public appreciate it.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I hope it's not as bad as that puke of a game godfather 2. I just don't understand how those 2 godfather games didn't get just marks of 1 everywhere.

I also hope it will be more on the "open world" side. There wasn't much to do after the story, unlike GTA games where you can still fuck around and have fun. Probably because the vehicle selection is greater and they're faster.

Oh and an option to turn off that stupid ass thing where the police would chase you for running a red light or speeding. Yeah, realistic and cute for a short while but then it just becomes a pain in the ass.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Consoles in general amaze me. They take good gameplay, make it shittier, yet somehow make the public appreciate it.

My nephew (14 / 15) recently told me he preferred shooters on his PS3 to his PC because he could aim better with the controller than with the mouse icon_cyclops_ani.gif But then again, he bought Far Cry 2 for the PS3 (after he liked the copy of Far Cry I gave him), so it came as no real surprise.

Gaming has become mainstream. The wider the audience, the less you can expect from them, therefore games are getting more and more 'casual'. So far games are too expensive to produce to target at niches (like you do see in the music business, where there is much more than just mainstream music) I suppose, but maybe in the future this will change.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:35 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:

My nephew (14 / 15) recently told me he preferred shooters on his PS3 to his PC because he could aim better with the controller than with the mouse icon_cyclops_ani.gif

I bet you wanted to punch him in the face.

A few of my friends say the same thing: that FPSers are easier to aim on consoles once you get used to it. I don't know what strain of canibus they're smoking, but it must be real good.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I bet you wanted to punch him in the face.

It is berzerker you are talking to, not the captn.

Shit, dragged him in here by mistake, let's hope he does not notice.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

LOL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:13 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

puk wrote:
I bet you wanted to punch him in the face
crazy man, its just a dumb 15year ol kid. the wonder years. but then again, if he acted funny like migay i would pinch his butt and teach him a good lesson indeed.

allrt speaking of the direction where the game industry would go wrt to consoles i read this great interview some time back. do you want me to share the wisdom icon_sunny.gif ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The bulk of people still buy their PC's from HP/DELL, and most of them are almost always under GPU-ed, so they quickly consider their gaming PC as obsolete when the truth is their purchasing decision was fucking idiotic.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Vista kinda fucked shit up too.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Vista kinda fucked shit up too.

I know what you mean, but one needs to build their PC around their software, so buying a 1 -2gig system to run Vista is "huge cock up" no1, and they further their fuck up by choosing/accepting a pissweak GPU.

If 80-90% of people buy stupidly configured DELL's and HP's, no wonder the masses have flocked to consoles.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
The bulk of people still buy their PC's from HP/DELL, and most of them are almost always under GPU-ed, so they quickly consider their gaming PC as obsolete when the truth is their purchasing decision was fucking idiotic.

Yeah, this may be a vital point. You cannot just buy a PC and expect it to be suitable for gaming.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
I hope it's not as bad as that puke of a game godfather 2.

If you played it, why not submit a review? I do not think Suislide is going to review it (he didn't do part one either).
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Well since i didn't see the movies, i'm not very justified. All i saw were some weird italian names that meant nothing to me.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Just watched this game play vid at http://www.dagbladet.no/tv/index.html?clipid=31326

Looks fucking crap as expected. It follows all the cliches of regenerating health, lame stupid fucking cover system and bad AI. Not every fucking game needs a cover system and regenerating health.

Also, the textures are bland and look shit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

This cover system crap is really making games boring. You cover in real life because bullets hurt like shit...and usually kill you.

You don't cover in games 'cause you're badass and also slows the game's pacing.
I understand the lazy health regeneration, it could be a time saver. But what the fuck is it with this COVER system shit?

It's like the 80's with platform jumpers or 90's with adventure point and click games. Everybody's doing it, no matter what genre.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:
This cover system crap is really making games boring. You cover in real life because bullets hurt like shit...and usually kill you.

It can make games fun if it's incorporated well (Drake's Fortune: Uncharted, Gears of War), but I expect the developers to come out and say "We are only incorporating this as a last resort b/c consoles suck, and they have questionably sensitive analog sticks, and M$ is holding a gun to our heads, and furthermore, we take it up the ass."
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah it can be fun, there are a few games in which i enjoyed it. But most games that use this system seem to FORCE it onto the player. Like it's just some gimmick they could have not put and not affect the gameplay.

Company of heroes uses cover really nice, it looks necessary when units use them.
Wanted uses cover to force you to fucking stop. You can't even kill the dudes with the shields unless you do some gimmick move to "confuse" them.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
Alez
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Oh also, since there is also a topic for it, in brother's in arms you have to use cover ALL the fucking time. It gets ridiculous after a while. It doesn't feel like war, it feels like paintball or some form of tag game with guns.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Alez wrote:

It's like the 80's with platform jumpers or 90's with adventure point and click games. Everybody's doing it, no matter what genre.

It's gotten worse, some sites like GameTrailers only give high marks now if the game is innovative, or if it has online multiplayer. And this fucks up the industry, b/c developers think that's what gamers want, so they spend 12 seconds on the game, and 2 years on the multiplayer component. I hate online multiplayer. It would be bearable if they had some bots in there, but it's a pain in the ass to log on and got pwned.

You should see Geoff Keighly get his rocks off when a/any game has a cover system in there. I feel like I'm listening to John Madden.

Then you have this one-up-manship which has plagued the industry, but above all the sports games (NHL,Tony Hawk...) Have you tried to play the recent incarnation of Tony Hawk's franchise (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground 2: Training Ground...)? It's a fucking simulation engine.
Mafia 2
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck