· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
193 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - The 2011 Pogma...gaming views.
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> The 2011 Pogma...gaming views.
The 2011 Pogma...gaming views.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:15 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Hi cunts.

Back in oct 2008 I bought what was a very powerful PC{already had the 26in LCD}, and then went ahead and bought god knows how many games, old and new.....now, at the time, I was prepared to give something like Bioshock1 a reasonably good score, however, had that game been released these days, there's a strong possibility I would totally reject it as console clunky and a mismash of gaming genre's.

It seems lately that PC gaming is doing it's best to drive off it's most faithful customers, for example, numerous cases where both GFX and Phyx have gone backwards on what was already a fucken console port.....plus the annoying addition of GFWL+steamworks which prevents the sale of unwanted crap{95% of games}.

I think Crysis2 is the next game on my radar, but I'll have to wait for and read many reviews and forum comments before I part with any launch day cash, but there's every possibility it'll be boring simply because it's basically just a run and gun with a tacky MP to appeal to the COD tards.

Between 2005-2007, there where quite a few tactical shooters as well, but they've all but disappeared only to be replaced by the moronic Arma series. which vies for being as about as exciting as sweeping horseshit at the stables. not to mention it's fucked up control scheme and "billion and one" fucken controls....of course this leads to frequent AI issues.

When I played games like Crysis, Far Cry2, Clear Sky and FO3, I thought the future of PC gaming would be awesome, however, we're now in the ridiculous position of having PC's with 3x my CPU and GPU power, yet with lower GFX and Phyx values, not to mention the added inconvenience of being unable to sell these games, and entire genre of games having all but disappeared.

Another problem with PC games is that whilst some do sound a hell of a lot better with my Logitech z5500's, many don't, ie, they barely sound much diff to my memory of them with my old 2.1's.....and for example, one of the best sounding games was pre-HD console era...Doom3.
FO Vegas was a major improvement in sound vs my old speakers, but the entire game went backwards FFS.

Admittedly, I've been at PC gaming since 1994, but after playing Quake2/HL1/Unreal, it became apparent to me that there's such a thing as a gaming blockbuster, unfortunately, even back then, games of that standard were few and far between, but these days, it's almost a certainty that blockbusters are a once every 2-3 yr event, if that....FO3, was the last blockbsuter IMO.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

this calls for a review.
View users profile Send private message
The 2011 Pogma...gaming views.
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck