· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
71 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - GOTY 2008
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> GOTY 2008 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

LoL, I see no one is missing to the Festival of Retard 2009.

If you play a game whose story is secondary or non existent (for example Crysis, is so fucking good and aimed to the action that it doesn't need a story), you don't need any explanation; but if you are faced from frame 1 to last in a fucking cheap deliberately confusing half-cooked childish story throwed in your fucking eyes every 3 seconds, consisting of misteries randomly generated by a computer algorithm, it wouldn't hurt anyone if in the end of the game they explain some of them, provided you have put up with them through fucking too many hours.

And that is what TV show "Lost" is based: trying to confuse you so much you would think it's a "complex and inteligent" work rather than random misteries put together.

I'm going to half-spoil some things about F.E.A.R., Bioshock and Mass Effect so don't read if you plan to finish them or haven't played them but care about story:

-F.E.A.R. ---> Absolutely and massive "never explain a shit so it would appear as more complex or interesting". They wanted to make an arcade FPS with scary elements and a solid story (like Doom 3) but they only get an arcade FPS with annoying and avoidable elements and a skinny girl with dirty hair and dress (fucking heavy innovation, I haven't fucking seen it about 10 million times as a fear element, a guy with a mask and a knife would be more original), a putrid Mr. General lammer and a red headed ultra-fatty stupid trying to be the funny element but failing miserably. As a FPS it's a very good game but as a story is the silliest thing ever.

-Bioshock ---> Good story, confusing and with loose ends increasing in time but they at least fucking explain enough things properly.

-Mass Effect ---> VERY good story, intriguer and obscure to the end but with final full explanation and impressive at once.

I can't fucking believe anyone would rather a never ending sucession of random misteries without any kind of sense, instead of a solid story revealed from the beginning, in steps or in the end.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

So basically you are saying it needs to be spoon fed to you because you are a fucking idiot who can't draw any conclusions himself. I summed your whole giant post up into one sentence. Way to suck.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quote
Dr_Shrink
Ubertard
Ubertard

Suislide wrote:
So basically you are saying it needs to be spoon fed to you because you are a fucking idiot who can't draw any conclusions himself. I summed your whole giant post up into one sentence. Way to suck.

You appear to be a troubled soul, venting the anger of the moment onto innocent passers-by here. Of course you understand that it is not Kasrkin's fault that your shares plumetted or that your bike got nicked.

While it is good not to hold back your anger, maybe finding another way to let off steam would scare away less passers-by? I would suggest playing one of them violent video games you can find in the shops nowadays.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:27 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I appreciate that you said Fear was a good FPSer, but I want to make sure people know that in 2005, it had the best graphics of any game, perhaps the best sound, and a brilliant slo mo system.....it was also one of the best games for gunplay.

However, FEAR2 has come over the top of it.

I do agree that the storyline of most games are basic and lame, but to me, the quality of the game+ the gameplay is more important.

One thing to remember about Crysis, is that it was an ordinary game overall except for graphics and scale, and because it's graphics were so good and gave a strong sense of realism, the other shortcomings of the game can be overlooked....especially now that it's half price.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

Dr_Shrink wrote:
Suislide wrote:

You appear to be a troubled soul, venting the anger of the moment onto innocent passers-by here. Of course you understand that it is not Kasrkin's fault that your shares plumetted or that your bike got nicked.

While it is good not to hold back your anger, maybe finding another way to let off steam would scare away less passers-by? I would suggest playing one of them violent video games you can find in the shops nowadays.

It's just he loses control when someone criticizes any game he thinks is "the best" of each moment. And I have done it with Dead Space and F.E.A.R. so he is probably throwing foam from the mouth. He thinks exactly the same that me because he wrote that in the FEAR 2 review:

The story is allright for the most part except for the absolute end. Just when you think you are going to find out what happens, THE FUCKING CREDITS ROLL. They fucking explain nothing, you fight a boss, and then you wake up and the GAME FUCKING ENDS, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING GAME. It was completely lame and total bullshit.

It appears he needs to be spoon fed too LoL, no seriously, I understand his anger as anyone would understand a retarded thing done by a downie syndrome.

Pogma9 wrote:
I do agree that the storyline of most games are basic and lame, but to me, the quality of the game+ the gameplay is more important.

What I can't put up with is that they try to do a miserable and stupid story a central or significant point of a game. And they tried it so hard with that annoying cutscenes in FEAR 1.

Pogma9 wrote:
One thing to remember about Crysis, is that it was an ordinary game overall except for graphics and scale, and because it's graphics were so good and gave a strong sense of realism, the other shortcomings of the game can be overlooked....especially now that it's half price.

Well, the "Maximum Shit" options, the ability to jump to roofs and enter the house breaking it, etc... it has a very good number of action innovations (I've never seen them in a previous game).
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Karskin = Stupid. I'm always 100% right.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Kasrkin
Troll
Troll

I'm gonna break in tears.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I love these one line posts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:51 am Reply with quote
Dr_Shrink
Ubertard
Ubertard

This may indicate a short attention span. You may require additional visual stimuli to remain focused on any text longer than 1 line.

If that is correct, it is quite saddening. I suppose you are one of them youngsters of the internet generation who could not even read a decent newspaper because there is too much text (and not enough pictures).

I realise you probably do not read this any more (you stopped reading after the first sentence or did not start at all), but you may want to try a decent newspaper. Not tabloids of course. Does the Independent still exist? That used to be a good newspaper in the UK (20 years ago). The Daily Telegraph was a reasonable alternative back then, this probably did not change too much.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:01 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

The 2008 GOTY is Mass Effect.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
lol, throwing in the casual Kasporav reference

"Kasporav"? icon_scratch.gif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Kasparov
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Dr_Shrink wrote:
This may indicate a short attention span. You may require SNORE!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Dr_Shrink wrote:
...who could not even read a decent newspaper because there is too much text...

That's a bad example to give, since all you need to read is the headline. The first paragraph contains some usefull information. Everything after that is opinion.
Dr_Shrink wrote:
...Does the Independent still exist?

-Yes, it was the only newspaper with the balls to report the Carnegie findings on the nearly 100,000 dead (at the time) in Iraq. Robert Fisk still reports for them. But they are, in his own words, "dangerously underfunded".
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Dr. Dick, I don't mind your posts b/c they are coherent, and have a clear train of thought. But some people write so haphazardly it's impossible to read
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
FUCK_YOU_TOO
Tard
Tard

puk wrote:
some people write so haphazardly it's impossible to read

FUCK_YOU_ALL is the icon_king.gif in this respect.
Re: GOTY 2008
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
I know it is a delicate matter, but I get the question out anyway: director.gif Suislide, will you post a game of the year 2008 review at short notice?

No response from Suislide and no award either. So we won't have a GOTY-award, again. Before 2007 there was a GOTY-award every year, then it stopped. For 2007 there was a promise it would come eventually (but it didn't), for 2008 we had mere silence.

Must we conclude that Suislide has got other priorities and has moved on in his life? Maybe he finally decided to attend school, of found a wife and wants to have kids?

If so, I guess we all should wish Suislide all the best in the rest of his life, and thank him for the reviews of the last few years. We will stay here until the plug is finally pulled and observe the demise of the site with appropriate respect. [insert 1 minute silence]

[starts whining]

Last edited by berzerker on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

Quit whining, I'm working on it
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I just realized I've been promoted to the rank of "poopy-pants"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Suislide wrote:
Quit whining, I'm working on it

[quits whining]

Working on 2007 or 2008? toothy5.gif

Last edited by berzerker on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I just realized I've been promoted to the rank of "poopy-pants"

Good for you. Make some more of such interesting posts and who knows what additional promotion will follow. occasion15.gif I am so jealous. icon_cyclops_ani.gif
GOTY 2008
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck