· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
72 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - My review of STALKER Clear Sky.
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> My review of STALKER Clear Sky. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Pogma9 wrote:
mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
[
BTW, can you kill all of the army guys from the entrance to the Zone? I raided them and killed 5 of them, but I ran out of ammo and ran out of there immediately because there were so many more than 5 in there.

I have 50-55kg on board all the time....so low ammo isn't a problem.

It seems like this game has respawning enemies. SUCKS! I like raided the bandit camp 2 times, killed them all, and when I thought that I was done with them, the bastards reappeared.

But how can you carry 50kg? Don't you sprint? I'm keeping 20-25 kg as I've discarded the stuff that is useless, like for example food. It weighs a lot and you can scavenge medkits and bandages at every dead body. You don't need to eat in this game. A medkit weighs 100g while a canned food weighs 300... and the medkit is way more effective. But you can just use a bandage which weighs 50g and then you can auto-heal.

I also switched to an IL assault rifle (upgraded of course). It's the British one that has a cursor built into it. The cursor makes owning even easier.
Also I have a Colt as a pistol.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I haven't noticed any re-spawning drunken_smilie.gif
I can still sprint in bursts, but because of the difficulty, I always keep plenty of guns and ammo.

There's also a very powerful sniper rifle later in the game.

Remember, this game revolves around factions, so if you join one, you become the enemy of other groups who may have been neutral towards......it makes no difference to me, because I want to kill everything that moves.....THERE WON'T BE ANY WITTNESSES TO MY REIGN OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Yeah I know. I became a member of the Stalkers (Father Valerian is their leader). Their enemy are the bandits... so I raided their base but they reappeared shortly after.

A good tip for everyone that plays the game is this: every base seems to have a crate from where you can get a shitload of ammo,bandages, medkits and food for free. I think you either have to join that faction or attack it (raid it) to get the stuff. If not then the box will probably appear empty.

Have you finished the game, Pogma?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:

Have you finished the game, Pogma?

No....it's massive and time consuming because of it's difficulty, but I've played a fair bit of it, and IMO, it gets better as you go.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
The shotgun/s in the begining are nearly useless, but there is another one with 6 shot capacity and is obviously much more effective.

Now I've got another with 8 rounds in the chamber icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
IMO, it gets better as you go.

but but the Great Master of Game Reviews said "it starts off half decent, and then turns into a fucking jumbled mess of a game" icon_cyclops_ani.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

berzerker wrote:
Pogma9 wrote:
IMO, it gets better as you go.

but but the Great Master of Game Reviews said "it starts off half decent, and then turns into a fucking jumbled mess of a game" icon_cyclops_ani.gif

He hasn't elaborated though has he.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

One question, what are artifacts and where can you find them? icon_geek.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I haven't really bothered with them.....but they seemed more prominent in the first Stalker.....just keep pulling the trigger and don't leave any wittnesses icon_cherry.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
One question, what are artifacts and where can you find them? icon_geek.gif
you can find the didoes at a sex shop bunny-boy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Here is a guide from the first http://guides.gamepressure.com/stalker/guide.asp?ID=2676

They seem pretty useful, haven't found any yet though.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

This game is getting really frustrating for me... it runs like crap even with the setting on low and low resolution... my PC is a Geforce 7800, 1GB Ram and an Intel Dual Core 1,8..

Crysis works fine for me with medium settings... this game doesn't even look close to Crysis at the low settings... it is a real resource sucker.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
my PC is a Geforce 7800, 1GB Ram and an Intel Dual Core 1,8..
HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA
too bad you cant pirate a pc toothy12.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

Oh so that is considered to be a really poor PC? Anyways I'm thinking of adding an extra 1 GB of Ram. It's cheap. icon_bigsmurf.gif

Edit: BTW, maybe I CAN pirate a PC. Maybe I can use Mrs Pugwash spam4.gif as an energy source? Is that possible? The 600 pounds of fat must produce something... violent5.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Banned

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
Edit: BTW, maybe I CAN pirate a PC. Maybe I can use Mrs Pugwash spam4.gif as an energy source? Is that possible? The 600 pounds of fat must produce something... violent5.gif
i aint married. but your mom is better if your can get the energy, energy icon_sunny.gif by eating her shit migay. icon_monkey.gif once you do that i am sure you will get other retarded insights how to upgrade your shit-box
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

I was referring to your mom actually. So do you think that my PC is really that bad or were you flaming as usual? bom.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Don't sell the game...just keep it till you get a stronger PC....I have a e8400 and 4850 I gig, so it runs perfect.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

The game runs very poor on large maps.

Anyways I just got my hands on the SEVA suit which owns your ass. Also I sold my IL for an older version of an M4 that I just found on a dead body. The gun looked awesome, I remember that it was one of the best weapons in Ghost Recon I, but in this game it is totally unreliable. It jams every 10-15 bullets fired... so the M4 is better, even though it doesn't have a built in scope.

One thing I learned though is that it's not worth it to upgrade every single weapon... especially mediocre ones and especially especially poor ones. That's because you can scavenge for free weapons on dead bodies and in a few days you'll find a better weapon. So no use to invest 10.000 RU on a mediocre weapon if the next day you find a better one that isn't even modified...

Yeah and dude, I found my first artifact. The artifact detector actually works, it's gets active when you're near one. I found one that boosted my resistance to psy (whatever that) but it also had +1 radiation... which probably meant that I had to drink vodkas and use radiation drugs all the time to not die. So it wasn't much help so I sold it for 3.000 rubles.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote
mihai_alexandru73
Banned

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:
mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
my PC is a Geforce 7800, 1GB Ram and an Intel Dual Core 1,8..
HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA
too bad you cant pirate a pc toothy12.gif

I can't pirate a PC? You haven't really met the amazing Alexander the Great then! icon_king.gif A guy that I know is thinking about upgrading his PC, and he promised he'll give me his old parts for FREE. That's a motherboard and a quad processor worth of 400$ at the stores! icon_cyclops_ani.gif Then I'll also upgrade my memory, and who knows maybe even the graphics card. icon_farao.gif

Maybe I should take berzeker's advice and move to Somalia so I can scavenge goods and rape women for free. I'm too good at this shit, bros. icon_cheers.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
berzerker
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

mihai_alexandru73 wrote:
I can't pirate a PC? You haven't really met the amazing Alexander the Great then! icon_king.gif A guy that I know is thinking about upgrading his PC, and he promised he'll give me his old parts for FREE.

And this is supposed to prove that you can pirate hardware?
My review of STALKER Clear Sky.
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck