· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
143 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - Crysis: Good, or Bad?
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> Crysis: Good, or Bad? Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

The trick is to shuffle the girls around, and put them on a rotation. If your rotation is at least 3 deep, then you can trade one in without having to resort to drastic measures while she's being repaired. No body likes a dry streak
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

OK new game plan. Lets suppose I want the cheapest system that will max out crysis (I know, sounds like an paradox).

I figure I'm only going to have the PC for a year and a half, so it's not worth a hefty investment.

Any suggestions?

Thanx
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

If Crysis is your priority, then Nvidia cards tend to perform better, however, I don't think it's possible to max Crysis no matter what you do, so you'll have to settle for 1920x1200 on high+2-4aa....not to worry, it's still the best looking game at those settings.

Good budget box....

e8400/e8500
Nvidia 260 216 core or 4870 1 gig....which ever is the best deal.
4 gigs of ram regardless of whether you're 32 or 64 bit.

As a guide, my system is e8400, 4850 1 gig and 4 gigs of ram on xp pro 32 bit, and I play 1920x1200 on high+2aa......of course, you could duplicate my specs and save a bit on the video card.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Sorry when I meant max out I was referring at 1900x1200 res, cuz it's hard to find a better monitor than that.

But I love how you assert with such conviction that it is impossible to max out crysis. You can ressurect jesus, and part the seas, but you can't max out Crysis

I'm guessing that vista is such a system hog that Ultra high is an impossibility. Guess I'll just resort to tweaking the files.

Thanks again
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:

But I love how you assert with such conviction that it is impossible to max out crysis. You can ressurect jesus, and part the seas, but you can't max out Crysis

I'm guessing that vista is such a system hog that Ultra high is an impossibility. Guess I'll just resort to tweaking the files.

Thanks again

Vista is fine as long as you've got a strong CPU, 4 gig of ram and a half decent GPU....and the budget box I outlined will be fine for it.

The problem with maxing Crysis on ultra high at 1920x1200 is the amount of video card ram it wants, as such, your frame rates will shat themselves, IOW, only a next gen native 2 gig GPU mated to a quad core Nelly can possibily hope to max Crysis at 1920.

Don't worry, I just tried to play STALKER SOC, and I'm maxing it, but it still looks like a 2006 game+ it comes with appalling gunplay/hit detection and 2D enemies.

Btw, I like the way you mention Jesus, cause I see myself as modern man of truth, someone concerned with the WHOLE TRUTHS OF REALITY AND TELLIN IT LIKE IT IS.

My attitude is that it's worth getting a new PC, but it's just not worth going overboard.......who knows when we'll be able to get our hands on next gen PC exclusives the calibre of HL2, Far Cry and Fear icon_profileleft.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

LoL, windows XP, here I come

I'm playing Crysis on my mac Book pro right now and it looks like Far Cry 1.5, it's still fun, but a lot of the eye candy is misisng. Also I can't use smoke grenades b/c the particle effects associated with it turn the game into a slideshow. Which is a real shame since this is one of the few games where the smoke grenade actually works. In contrast to this, I don't think the flashbangs are very good. Thoughts?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:11 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I generally don't use grenades etc, I prefer to shoot.....I'm a shooter icon_cheers.gif icon_cheers.gif

I like Crysis because it looks good, looks close to realistic at times, and was basically fun for the most part.

I actually thought there'd be more ice in Crysis, but they saved that for Warhead, which has very impressive looking ice, icefields and icy rivers.....unfortunately, I didn't think much of the frantic gameplay in Warhead.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:51 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

"Crysis: good or bad"

~ crysis is good but Financial crysis is bad ho ho ho~ Lo Wang
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:

Gay cunt icon_profileright.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

pogma experiment with the grenades, it's interesting to see how smart the AI is

For example, in most games when you throw a smoke grenade, the AI either manages to shoot you through the smoke anyways, or they just run away from the smoke and regroup. In crysis the AI gets enveloped in it, and they can't see shit. And they all run out of the smoke, but in different directions, so you can get up close and grab them and toss them.

Flash bang doesn't blind the enemy for long enough, so you literally have 1 s to take out an enemy and hide again.

I just wish Crytek was listening and they tweaked some of the values in the game. For example when I shoot a tree I want it to come smashing down, not coasting down. Also the grenades have a good kill radius, but the bodies seem a little too heavy. I wish a grenade explosion would send the bodies 20 m across a field. Also driving seems a little too sensitive and the car goes all over the place. I used to love driving in Far Cry 1, but in Crysis I avoid it at all costs.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
captnPugwash_halabalobale
Banned

Pogma9 wrote:
captnPugwash_halabalobale wrote:

Gay cunt icon_profileright.gif
yeah we know ur mom is, nothing new
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
I . Also driving seems a little too sensitive and the car goes all over the place. I used to love driving in Far Cry 1, but in Crysis I avoid it at all costs.

Compare it to the vehicle in HL2 ep icon_cyclops_ani.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

ya the HL2 vehicle was pretty good, but the Far Cry vehicle controls were the best I have EVER seen. They responded just as you expected, sliding around curves, and the camera angle was great, plus you could easily fire a rocket at an oncoming car. In Crysis it's a pain in the ass.

I don't get it, all they have to do is change a variable so the mouse isn't so hyper sensitive controlling the car. I hope they address some of these issues in Warhead
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:

I don't get it, all they have to do is change a variable so the mouse isn't so hyper sensitive controlling the car. I hope they address some of these issues in Warhead

Hmmm, don't think they did.....but Warhead is Crysis "Call of Duty"..ie, a frantic pace....and there's no stupid departure from the beginning of the game.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Suislide
VGS Admin
VGS Admin

puk wrote:
ya the HL2 vehicle was pretty good, but the Far Cry vehicle controls were the best I have EVER seen. They responded just as you expected, sliding around curves, and the camera angle was great, plus you could easily fire a rocket at an oncoming car. In Crysis it's a pain in the ass.

You just suck, the vehicles are great...nothing like smashing into an oncoming car and boosting and then diving out at the last second killing everything in a huge explosion!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:39 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Ya I've heard that they listened to people's complaints about the pacing in Crysis, and in Warhead they made it non stop ass-kicking-ness.

Suislide, shame on you, I would expect that "you just suck" argument from a gamespot member, but not from you. Your actions degrade not only this forum, but all of humanity.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

puk wrote:
Ya I've heard that they listened to people's complaints about the pacing in Crysis, and in Warhead they made it non stop ass-kicking-ness.

Me...I liked the pacing of Crysis....I thought Warheads pacing and gameplay was nonsense that involved nothing but killing a shitload of chinamen and shooting from moving vehicles in a bid to ramp up the action......IMO, the only thing Warhead has going for it is the graphics/scenery.

Quote:
Suislide, shame on you, I would expect that "you just suck" argument from a gamespot member, but not from you. Your actions degrade not only this forum, but all of humanity

How do we ban this fucker?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:17 am Reply with quote
puk
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
puk wrote:

Me...I liked the pacing of Crysis....I thought Warheads pacing and gameplay was nonsense that involved nothing but killing a shitload of chinamen and shooting from moving vehicles in a bid to ramp up the action......IMO, the only thing Warhead has going for it is the graphics/scenery.

Ya but you can't blame Crytek, it was such a overwhelming complaint that they had to listen to people. I like some of the variation in the game. Some levels you create a distraction then kick ass, then in the Assault level you are running around the island blowing up AA canons. the tank and the plane levels were OK, but I give them credit for the variation. But It got a little boring fighting the aliens.
Pogma9 wrote:

Quote:
Suislide, shame on you, I would expect that "you just suck" argument from a gamespot member, but not from you. Your actions degrade not only this forum, but all of humanity

How do we ban this fucker?

We could report him to the mods, but in all likelihood he'd end up getting that complaint icon_pale.gif
Crysis: Good, or Bad?
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck