· Surveys
· Top 10
· Your Account
Login
Nickname

Password

Security Code: Security Code
Type Security Code

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.
195 guest(s) and
0 member(s)

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
VideoGamesSuck.com :: View topic - medival games/ swords+sandals are bs
Login Register Forum FAQ Memberlist Search

VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck -> medival games/ swords+sandals are bs
medival games/ swords+sandals are bs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
_Master_
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

i dont see the motivation to play such games, medieval knight or some shit like that, i mean its so predictable. take the example of dragon age or showgun2, they talk about japan and preparation of battle. Some buffoonish looking character with some samurai sword or a gaudy knight decorated with some ridiculous gold chain, jewellery..etc just makes me cringe. Now lets pause and take a FFWD to today, you know what happened to japan, karate is cool, but still the picture aint pretty. Scifi themes on the other hand have something to look forward to, whereas medieval games are already played out before you even buy the game esp considering they are replaced/outdated in history. It adds no value to imagination.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, I'd prefer sci-fi over medival anyday.
As for the sword and sandals, it's almost like skinny IT dudes find it more sexually arousing than pulling a trigger, as such, games that feature heavy/realistic combat are deemed uncooth, perhaps along with sim like racing games.

Adult manchilds also find sexual stimulation via the virtual sword.
Consider than many people are PC correct turn the other cheek dickheads, and we might be onto something.
View users profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:50 am Reply with quote
craterface
Poopypants
Poopypants

Medieval themed rpg's can be good if done right. It's just that in this field there are more shitty games than decent ones.
For example I finished dragon age origins not long ago. Good game that was, the characters could become powerful with useful skills and interesting personalities. The urge to play never left me through the whole game.
So I tried the expansion pack - awakening - and I was surprised how awful that game was after origins. Everything felt cheap. Every lowly enemy drops a huge amount of cash, money quickly became irrevelant after a few hours of game. and you get crazy poferful items every 10 min. If I turn on more than 2 stances I barely can see my character because of the flashy stuff around him that hurts my eye and give me epilepsy. My dual wielding assassin became so powerful that all skills became useless since I could win almost every battle all alone with just mauling away.
But the biggest letdown was that all the interesting characters that you missed, who left you curious about their future disappeared and got replaced by boring ass nobodies. oghren remained but now EVERY single dialogue involving him is about how much of a drunkard he is. I completely lost interest in continueing the game now, never believed that this could happen to me with this game but I just can't find any reason to go on with this shit. I should have just stopped after origins.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:41 am Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Pogma9 wrote:
Yeah, I'd prefer sci-fi over medival anyday.
As for the sword and sandals, it's almost like skinny IT dudes find it more sexually arousing than pulling a trigger, as such, games that feature heavy/realistic combat are deemed uncooth, perhaps along with sim like racing games.

Adult manchilds also find sexual stimulation via the virtual sword.
Consider than many people are PC correct turn the other cheek dickheads, and we might be onto something.
lol,i partially agree.Take for ex. ARMA 2 (with or without TracKIR peripheral) it brings a whole new level fun+realism COD could would wish for (alas without the monetary benefits)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I think Arma2 is more of a MP team based affair, so that rules me out as I'm a lone wolf who doesn't take orders from anyone and has violent streak that makes Tony Soprano look like a marshmallow.

Last edited by Pogma9 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

O! I'm currently going thru season 2 of The Sopranos (4 more seasons to go)DivX version,
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

I'm on 1080i HDTV....8 episodes a week, LOL.
You're gonna love Ralph from S3.

Couple of tubs cast to make Big T look skinny.

Joe Pantaliona as Ralph.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Dick_In_Your_Ass
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Don't know how,but T was skinnier and taller, in S1 but a lardass thru S5-6.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Pogma9
A Winner is me!
A Winner is me!

Yeah, not sure if they wanted him to gain weight{which is arguably a realistic occurrence for some as they hit that age} or he just pigged out.
medival games/ swords+sandals are bs
  VideoGamesSuck.com Forum Index -> Video Games Suck